You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
fluffy723

Where Is the rest of the world?

82 comments in this topic

25 posts
15 battles

After reading some threads I have noticed all the talk is centred around the US and Japan Navies,

A bit biased i think. Outher countrys have navies too. Are they that crap in this game that no one 

bothers with them? Seems a bit unfair, the Royal Navy is one of the oldest and most sucsessful navies in the world that 

pioneered most of the naval tech enjoyed by countrys like the US. Typical to forget who actually dominated the worlds

oceans for many HUNDREDS of years.

Not a guide or tutorial.  Moved to appropriate section.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Like World of Tanks, the lines of other nations will be added in at a future date. On the list are the Royal Navy, Imperial German and Kriegsmarine, Imperial Russian and Soviet navy.

If you hadn't noticed, we already have a British ship currently in-game, the Warspite.

The reason the focus was on Japan and the US is due to the number of major battles fought between the two of them in the Pacific. Of all the worlds' modern, steel construction navies, it was the US and the Japanese navies that saw their surface combatants clash the most.

Edited by Syanda

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

This game is still in open beta, just like in WoT when it first came out there was lacking alot of countries, which got slowly added in later over time. This is a game development company here, not a wiki where you can just throw stuff together and make it work.

You need to make models, an actual tech tree, research each ship and upgrades as well as to balance it for actual gameplay. It has been stated many times by the Dev that other countries navy are coming as soon as they can finish planning, making models and balancing them.

Edited by Windforce

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/1697-what-we-know-about-ships-updated-25062015/

From the NA forums. The rest of world is indeed coming...soontm

Edited by Chawp

25 posts
15 battles

Too many games these days tend to be just american propaganda, ie: sherman tanks killing panthers.

I was looking for something more realistic. I am also aware of what goes into a production like this.

Been gameing since the commadore 64 days. I was not aware that this was still a BETA though. 

what about performance issues. I can run WoT at flat chat so (hopefully) I can with this as well.

thx for the promt replys guys and C U out there.

Edited by fluffy723

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Too many games these days tend to be just american propaganda, ie: sherman tanks killing panthers.

I was looking for something more realistic. I am also aware of what goes into a production like this.

Been gameing since the commadore 64 days. I was not aware that this was still a BETA though. 

what about performance issues. I can run WoT at flat chat so (hopefully) I can with this as well.

I'm surprised you didn't say Russian propaganda, because this game is... :hiding:

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I was looking for something more realistic.

Yeah, how weird of Shermans to be capable of penetrating and disabling/destroying Panthers... ... ... (._. )

Also:

Typical to forget who actually dominated the worlds oceans for many HUNDREDS of years.

The vikings? I'm not sure I'd like to sail against a Nagatoor even a Chester with a longship.

Wait... maybe against a Chester...

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

The vikings? I'm not sure I'd like to sail against a Nagatoor even a Chester with a longship.

Wait... maybe against a Chester...

A longship could probably kite a Albany around though... :trollface:

25 posts
15 battles

...is balanced, tovarisch! ))))))))))))))

only 2 soviet ships tovarisch, of course they are superior to the capitalist american units.....
Edited by fluffy723

25 posts
15 battles

A longship could probably kite a Albany around though... :trollface:

Do that in a corical  LoL or a bark canoe...  Bark... ha ha  Fluffy rides again....:hiding:

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

This game is still in open beta, just like in WoT when it first came out there was lacking alot of countries, which got slowly added in later over time. This is a game development company here, not a wiki where you can just throw stuff together and make it work.

You need to make models, an actual tech tree, research each ship and upgrades as well as to balance it for actual gameplay. It has been stated many times by the Dev that other countries navy are coming as soon as they can finish planning, making models and balancing them.

There's a subtle difference though.  WoT started with 2.5 heavyweight tech trees: Germany, Soviet Union and America.  WoWS started with America and Japan, with the next naval heavyweight in line being ... the Soviets. :trollface:
Edited by Potoroo

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

OP I highly recommend you spend at least 30 seconds before you think about things before you go on to rant about something so trivial, also no one forced you to play.

Be patient and the other navies will soon be added :medal:

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Again the performance issues are due to the game still being in BETA, Heck it only came out of closed BETA not long ago, other issues currently have a higher priority than optimisation.

As far as the other navies go Russia, UK and the German navy are the next in line to be added to the tech tree, It is not a staff the size of blizzard entertainment working on this game. 

74 posts
3,254 battles

I too was surprised that the Royal Navy was not included, but I assumed (correctly as it turns out) that this was something to do with it being still in Beta. I'm also assuming that when it comes to creating ship models, game makers look for roughly similar configurations to begin with as it makes the job of getting the game out there in Alpha and Beta configurations a bit easier. Maybe the Russian ships have something in common with the other two nations represented? I don't know as I haven't been playing the game very long at all.

It's a game one doesn't have to part with a brass razoo in order to enjoy, so I'm not looking any gift horses in the mouth here. If and when the Royal Navy pitches up, I'll switch to that, out of family loyalty rather than any kind of national pride. But I'm kind of sneakily hoping that Leander-class light cruisers are in the mix when the RN does appear...

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

In what is basically the Second World War time frame for this game the US and Japanese navies were the most dominant of all nations. Seems very logical to me to have them as the first out of the gate.

Edited by Pinnacul

Super Tester
802 posts

I think there's a meme for this..

Yup, there is.

u6gClEX.png

As others have said there are more nations on the way. Anyone who played the WoT Beta will remember that there were only German and Russian tanks for begin with but don't be afraid children, they're coming.