Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

clear sky achievement bug

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

so i just finish a game with cleveland where out team is short of one CV so i decided to ask our cv to sail with us just right at the back so we can protect him from enemy planes along with the battleship.first few minutes of the game we manage to defend our CV from the combine raid of two enemy cv (zuihou and hoshou) where i manage to bag 17 planes shoot down and though throughout the whole game i manage to shoot down 33 planes but i didn't get the clear the sky achievement. already encounter  and i saw people made a complain about it back on so i'm surprise to see that the issue is still not fix.

the battle result.

doA32xm.pngjGkU6mQ.pngwPixcKI.png

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Did you click "CTR" to manually target those planes? It is stated in the achievement.

.ClearSky.jpg

Note the underlined

Edited by Windforce

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i did. i always prioritize torpedo bomber over other planes. if there are attack planes around i still focus fire fighter planes to make the go down faster.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

This is my guess on what happen, please correct me if my guess as to what happen is wrong.

Since AA fire is AOE damage over time effect and using "ctr" to prioritize a target increases that damage over time. Were you engaged in more than one squadron of planes at once? Could have been your AA guns shooting down planes that were not on your prioritized target if you were engaged with more than one squadron at a time.

Beta Tester
40 posts
2,618 battles

Oh damn, that was the reason why I couldn't get it many times... I only did CTRL on torp planes not others...

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

This is my guess on what happen, please correct me if my guess as to what happen is wrong.

Since AA fire is AOE damage over time effect and using "ctr" to prioritize a target increases that damage over time. Were you engaged in more than one squadron of planes at once? Could have been your AA guns shooting down planes that were not on your prioritized target if you were engaged with more than one squadron at a time.

yeah i engage multiple squadron while defending our flat.. i mean  Rryujou from attack of two zuihou carrier and i used my AA ability so i can bring down planes more faster.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Hm... so from this statement, it seems that some of your kills are not from the "priority target" (CTR) but also from other planes show down with your barrage ability, so that might be why you "30 kills of priority target" was not achieved.

I think they need to re-look into the way the achievement is handled for surface ships especially when they can engage multiple planes at once.

Sign in to follow this