You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pseudoscope

Something needs to be done with the carriers

244 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
45 posts
6,573 battles

Hi All! 

Currently I think the Carrier Class is overpowered. I haven't played it too much so am not sure of its downfalls but I'll outline why I think it needs to be reworked below. I also think AA needs to be changed up a bit, a bit of manual input to make it more accurate would be nice, rather than press 'p' if required, target the squadron you want dead and then wait. 

To me, carriers are super OP destroyers, their bombers have the power to sink ships, they can scout over and around cover, their planes move incredibly fast (ducking in and out of AA quickly), and they can constantly change drop angles and re-adjust their bombs until ready, all the while leaving themselves fully protected from their target (usually).

Rock, Paper, Scissors - This is the tone the game takes without the carriers, each ship counters one another, however there isn't a counter for a carrier. Carriers are the apex predator of this game, and in real life. Playing the other classes it makes sense to work together, however a carrier doesn't need anyone, especially early game. With every other class, each engagement puts you at risk of sinking (with the exception of stealth torps, which requires great prediction skills), carriers attack without consequence (a few planes here and there).

I'm not sure what needs to be changed on carriers or to what degree but somethings that I would consider changing are below with greater reasoning further below, with the main emphasis around making them more vulnerable.

-More detectable (think BB range as they are the same size)

-Lower ship topspeed (planes do most the leg work make running not possible)

-Less 'airtime' (make players want to get closer to the fight and make purposeful movements and make running to a corner more of a penalty)

- Make torps invisible for fighter and bomber planes 

- Reword DD spotting (infrequent position or required them to be incredibly close [with AA off])

- "relay delay" (make them commit to a bomb run further out and make planes respond to orders slower) 

DD vs CV

As a DD your power is your stealth and torpedos, when targeting a carrier you first need to break though the rest of the enemies fleet, find the carrier and then chase it down, predict its path and then torp/gun it down. This rarely happens. From the 20 min mark before you even get close to an enemy ship a carrier can have a fighter squadron above you. DD AA is nothing and if the carrier wants to it can end you with torps, mag you with dive bombers, spot you for the rest of his team and alert teammates of incoming torps. 

Now lets argue that for once your carrier preoccupied the CV and you've managed to kill a DD or two and break through. 1st, you have to spot the CV, which is done by tracking planes, So you follow them towards the CV, More likely than not the CV is in a corner, or behind and Island and will usually spot you coming, raising everything it has to kill you whilst turning and running from you, giving it minutes more time to counter your push. The only counter you have is your maneuverability, couple the CV's bombs/torps with some stray BB/CA fire and you're probably not going to succeed, as you hopelessly try to burn the ship to a ground and place some torps so well that knowing their path from launch the CV cannot avoid them.  Oh and if you happen to be up against 2 CV's forget it. Especially when your smoke practically useless

CA vs CV

If you manage to get a CV on its own as a CA it either means the CV isn't paying attention to what its doing or the rest of it's team is dead. Once again though, you need to determine where the carrier is, then chase it down and gun it to death. Something that is made easier by your AA and high fire ratio, however 2-3 torps and you're dead. 

Playing cruisers in the early game isn't really hindered by CV, however as you're the 'counter' to CV you're expected to protect your teammates and shoot down enemy planes that are stupid enough to come close to you for some measly experience. If you don't support your team, the CV will kill your team, and then you. Maybe you first if you're closest. Oh and if you find yourself with no support against 2 torp squadrons, say goodbye. 

BB vs CV

You will lose 9/10 times and you will only ever come up against an opportunity to kill a CV 1/100 games. BB's are the CV's easiest prey, if you manage to be the BB with the least AA support, kiss your ass goodbye, whilst you can eat a lot of damage you will have to limp the rest of the game, sure to lose any BB encounter. 

CV vs CV 

This can go 3 ways 

1 - You each throw all your planes at one another from the start of the match, 1 CV sinks

2 - One of you has superior fighters and spends the game tearing down squadrons and keeping every DD lit up until they sink

3 - You ignore one another and leave your teammates to fend for themselves while preying on what ever kill is easiest. 

In essence killing a CV boils down to decimating the enemy team. You will always find CV's behind the rest of the team, whilst they launch the most offensive assaults. CV's have the pros of all the other ships (power, AA, maneuverability, low detection) with none of the disadvantages. The only 1 I can see is that you can't cap points (sanely). 

-landing hits from a CV required the least amount of patience and skill adjusting all the way until drop circle (unlike long range shells)

-CV's always get a broadside, positioning your ship will do nothing but help a CV, hiding against an island? only 1 way to turn now. Turning into/away from bombers? You're rudder is now set, readjust bombers line and drop. 

- And CV's never put their ship at risk.

I just feel that the outcome of each game is influenced too much by 1-2 players. oh and CV players, I'd be interested to know your thoughts especially the con's and how to take you down ;) 

Pseudo

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

I'd be interested to know your thoughts especially the con's and how to take you down

I hate it whenever theres a cruiser near a BB.

They always decimate my bombers and fighters.

aka. Grouping up with cruisers absolutely denies the CV player any effective method of delivering our payload.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

How to take down a CV player? Be a higher tier CV :D

Jokes aside, the best way to counter the CVs is to stick together. CVs are the only class of ship that its main form of damage can be intercepted before it reaches its intended target meaning CVs have more of a risk and reward kind of playstyle. 

An example of this would be a CV targeting a lone ship, (especially BBs and CVs)these targets yield the highest reward(In terms of impact that can be made in the game) with the lowest risk(CV especially if their fighters are on the other side of the map).

Compared this to say, a CV/BB following the bulk of his team. The attacking CV player runs the risk of losing his entire strike force to the combine AA fire of various CAs/BBs/fighters, worse still if the CAs activate their "Defensive Fire", resulting in little if not any reward for the cost of your entire strike force.  

Beta Tester
106 posts
6,189 battles

Hi All! 

Currently I think the Carrier Class is overpowered. I haven't played it too much so am not sure of its downfalls but I'll outline why I think it needs to be reworked below. I also think AA needs to be changed up a bit, a bit of manual input to make it more accurate would be nice, rather than press 'p' if required, target the squadron you want dead and then wait. 

To me, carriers are super OP destroyers, their bombers have the power to sink ships, they can scout over and around cover, their planes move incredibly fast (ducking in and out of AA quickly), and they can constantly change drop angles and re-adjust their bombs until ready, all the while leaving themselves fully protected from their target (usually).

Rock, Paper, Scissors - This is the tone the game takes without the carriers, each ship counters one another, however there isn't a counter for a carrier. Carriers are the apex predator of this game, and in real life. Playing the other classes it makes sense to work together, however a carrier doesn't need anyone, especially early game. With every other class, each engagement puts you at risk of sinking (with the exception of stealth torps, which requires great prediction skills), carriers attack without consequence (a few planes here and there).

I'm not sure what needs to be changed on carriers or to what degree but somethings that I would consider changing are below with greater reasoning further below, with the main emphasis around making them more vulnerable.

-More detectable (think BB range as they are the same size)

-Lower ship topspeed (planes do most the leg work make running not possible)

-Less 'airtime' (make players want to get closer to the fight and make purposeful movements and make running to a corner more of a penalty)

- Make torps invisible for fighter and bomber planes 

- Reword DD spotting (infrequent position or required them to be incredibly close [with AA off])

- "relay delay" (make them commit to a bomb run further out and make planes respond to orders slower) 

DD vs CV

As a DD your power is your stealth and torpedos, when targeting a carrier you first need to break though the rest of the enemies fleet, find the carrier and then chase it down, predict its path and then torp/gun it down. This rarely happens. From the 20 min mark before you even get close to an enemy ship a carrier can have a fighter squadron above you. DD AA is nothing and if the carrier wants to it can end you with torps, mag you with dive bombers, spot you for the rest of his team and alert teammates of incoming torps. 

Now lets argue that for once your carrier preoccupied the CV and you've managed to kill a DD or two and break through. 1st, you have to spot the CV, which is done by tracking planes, So you follow them towards the CV, More likely than not the CV is in a corner, or behind and Island and will usually spot you coming, raising everything it has to kill you whilst turning and running from you, giving it minutes more time to counter your push. The only counter you have is your maneuverability, couple the CV's bombs/torps with some stray BB/CA fire and you're probably not going to succeed, as you hopelessly try to burn the ship to a ground and place some torps so well that knowing their path from launch the CV cannot avoid them.  Oh and if you happen to be up against 2 CV's forget it. Especially when your smoke practically useless

CA vs CV

If you manage to get a CV on its own as a CA it either means the CV isn't paying attention to what its doing or the rest of it's team is dead. Once again though, you need to determine where the carrier is, then chase it down and gun it to death. Something that is made easier by your AA and high fire ratio, however 2-3 torps and you're dead. 

Playing cruisers in the early game isn't really hindered by CV, however as you're the 'counter' to CV you're expected to protect your teammates and shoot down enemy planes that are stupid enough to come close to you for some measly experience. If you don't support your team, the CV will kill your team, and then you. Maybe you first if you're closest. Oh and if you find yourself with no support against 2 torp squadrons, say goodbye. 

BB vs CV

You will lose 9/10 times and you will only ever come up against an opportunity to kill a CV 1/100 games. BB's are the CV's easiest prey, if you manage to be the BB with the least AA support, kiss your ass goodbye, whilst you can eat a lot of damage you will have to limp the rest of the game, sure to lose any BB encounter. 

CV vs CV 

This can go 3 ways 

1 - You each throw all your planes at one another from the start of the match, 1 CV sinks

2 - One of you has superior fighters and spends the game tearing down squadrons and keeping every DD lit up until they sink

3 - You ignore one another and leave your teammates to fend for themselves while preying on what ever kill is easiest. 

In essence killing a CV boils down to decimating the enemy team. You will always find CV's behind the rest of the team, whilst they launch the most offensive assaults. CV's have the pros of all the other ships (power, AA, maneuverability, low detection) with none of the disadvantages. The only 1 I can see is that you can't cap points (sanely). 

-landing hits from a CV required the least amount of patience and skill adjusting all the way until drop circle (unlike long range shells)

-CV's always get a broadside, positioning your ship will do nothing but help a CV, hiding against an island? only 1 way to turn now. Turning into/away from bombers? You're rudder is now set, readjust bombers line and drop. 

- And CV's never put their ship at risk.

I just feel that the outcome of each game is influenced too much by 1-2 players. oh and CV players, I'd be interested to know your thoughts especially the con's and how to take you down ;) 

Pseudo

i think you are correct, but be ready for a lot of "ur a noob learn to play" comments. my issue with CV's is that they can deal huge damage with impunity. the only ship can that retaliate is another cv...i also dislike that ships with little or no AA value get matched against CVs.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

INB4 Halken roasts him.

In all seriousness, though, while you raise some pretty good points, your inexperience with CVs really shows. I honestly suggest grabbing a lot more games in them and figuring out how CVs play and their disadvantages before trying to comment on whether or not they are overpowered.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

INB4 Halken roasts him.

In all seriousness, though, while you raise some pretty good points, your inexperience with CVs really shows. I honestly suggest grabbing a lot more games in them and figuring out how CVs play and their disadvantages before trying to comment on whether or not they are overpowered.

I will not roast a new player :v

Like syanda mentioned, if you are coming in from WoT then do take note that CVs are not like the artillery in that game, in fact every ship in this game is a artillery ship except carriers.

Also I'd say give carriers a go, with at least 50-100 games played in them before trying to make out a ship's class as OP or no.

Edited by Halken_Sky

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

well that's the thing cruisers need to stay with BB and BB need to learn to stay closer tot he enemy so the cruisers can still use there main guns as well but to many BB player try and stay at max range and try to hit ships with 1-2 shells from a max of up to 12 shells where if the BB get to 8-14 km away is easier to hit targets and also allows the cruisers to use their main guns as well but to many cruisers and Bb player just don't understand this.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

well that's the thing cruisers need to stay with BB and BB need to learn to stay closer tot he enemy so the cruisers can still use there main guns as well but to many BB player try and stay at max range and try to hit ships with 1-2 shells from a max of up to 12 shells where if the BB get to 8-14 km away is easier to hit targets and also allows the cruisers to use their main guns as well but to many cruisers and Bb player just don't understand this.

Since BB's dispersion is not proportional to distance their accuracy is unaffected whether they're 20km away or 10km (0.4.0 supposedly improved their accuracy under 5km but to date I don't think anyone can tell the difference).  The problem with shooting at longer ranges is that small errors in judging the enemy's course are magnified and the enemy has more time to evade your shells, but the BB's accuracy is in fact unchanged.  You're just as likely to see a salvo straddle your target at 6km as 16km, it's all down to RNGesus.  So when you're asking BBs to get into the mid-range which suits cruisers you're asking them to give up one of their very few advantages, range, whilst simultaneously exposing themselves to HE spam-hell from the enemy cruisers who are now also in range.

112 posts
1,613 battles

I die in 3 salvos.... second I am seen, I am dead.. how is that OP ?.... Carriers are designed to be the single most powerful non Nuke weapons platform ever designed... Of coarse they're incredibly powerful.

Why dont you have a AAW ship near by you ?....

how come your Carrier isn't actively searching him out....?:)

I may only be T5 Carrier, but it is plain to see jsut how easy we can die. And yes I understand at top level it gets better, but facts are facts, Carriers die FAST.... an they should. All you have to do is find it.

Hell Destroyers are OP, I cant see it, till its torps are in water.... Nerf DD :D... see my point?....

Beta Tester
106 posts
6,189 battles

I die in 3 salvos.... second I am seen, I am dead.. how is that OP ?.... Carriers are designed to be the single most powerful non Nuke weapons platform ever designed... Of coarse they're incredibly powerful.

Why dont you have a AAW ship near by you ?....

how come your Carrier isn't actively searching him out....?:)

I may only be T5 Carrier, but it is plain to see jsut how easy we can die. And yes I understand at top level it gets better, but facts are facts, Carriers die FAST.... an they should. All you have to do is find it.

Hell Destroyers are OP, I cant see it, till its torps are in water.... Nerf DD :D... see my point?....

you don't seem to understand. the problem is that you can deal damage, from the corner of the map, without ANY fear of reprisal, except from other CVs. sure you die easily when people get into gun range, but if you are even half decent at CV's, thats not going to happen often.

EDIT: being forced to rely on teammates for protection, or hell even SOME sort of counter, in a public online game is just dumb.

Edited by ZEONWILLRISEAGAIN

Beta Tester
62 posts
772 battles

I like to watch statistics and if I see an argument from a CV player, I watch his result especially.

Yes it is a bit harder to attack a group of ships (combined AA Power if you have one on Tier 4/5 :teethhappy:), however the damage output compared to other classes is complete OP and it is to easy to get to your targets compared to other classes. // Perfectly explained from Pseudoscope

It would be ok if the player is really good in this class (CV) but every Noob in a Carrier (if he has trained to aim) can deal a huge amount of damage.

It cant be DD --> BB --> CA --> DD and CV --> all (--> = beats)

AA needs to be a lot harder to punish a CV player if he makes a wrong target selection.

Edited by Kiwi_NZ

[ADM_L]
Beta Tester
279 posts
895 battles

Lemme quote myself, simply because it's not the first time this thread has occurred and a lot of stuff are just repetition of what has been said before. 

(The below is not an exact quote from the original; some parts have been fixed for grammar and mistakes, others so as to make the quote fit this thread better)

At the end of the day, a carrier's design is that of a front loaded unit. Aka a sniper. Hidden, deadly, but pretty weak up close unless it gets lucky.

If it isn't wrecking things in devastating blows at range, it isn't doing its job.

And 'you' can crow until the cows go home about how unfair that is, but something that's supposed to do well at certain situations SHOULD do well. And Torp craft do well against BBs.... So...

'You' can also argue until Armageddon comes that it isn't fun to get blown sky high. Well, that depends, Fun is suggestive after all. Maybe I'm a dwarf fortress masochist for too long, but I can appreciate the techniques and tactics of the other guy wrecking myself out of the water. It's sorta like losing in chess: I lost, and I can feel bitter about it, and I have felt bitter at it, but I can also see the moves that the other guy did and appreciate it. Then I can and learn from it and do better next time.

Then again, I'll have to recognize that 'fun' means different things to other people. Big numbers, lots of sunk ships, surviving after tanking hell, lots of rewards!! And sudden planes coming out of the sky to sink you "almost effortlessly" becomes a personal affront. But here's thing: you might not realize this, but the "anti fun" planes only have a sum total of maybe 10 runs in a 20 minute game, and that's not including maneuvering for position. That's at most 10 Anti-fun moments at most that can be see from literal (in-game) miles away, still can be negated by good maneuvering, and depleted by shooting planes down... In fact, CVs may have the highest frontloaded damage, but the lowest DPS in the entire game too.

Plus you have your own OP ship on your side too. (Hopefully). And when put beside good BB/Cruiser/DD play, I'd say the game has a lot more fun than antifun...

And of course, the next argument that comes up then is in response to the my "can be negated" part of the above: 'Bullshit. Torps are unavoidable!! Srsly!!' And again... Actually, I have to agree with you. Even if you're not outplayed, even given best case scenarios, you WILL eat a torp or three at the best of times. But them's the breaks: if something is shooting at you and you're not taking damage... It isn't good game deaign for the other guy now, is it?? A BB shooting at a cruiser out of its range, is that really unfair for the cruiser? Nope! It only just means the cruiser isn't playing to its strengths!

But then again that's not the REAL meaning behind 'Torps are unavoidable!! Srsly!' now, is it?? The real meaning when 'you' complain so, is that "Torps completely wrecked my shit!! I can't fight if my BBs are at 1/5 HP after an enemy run!!"

And yet I have an answer to that: you CAN avoid torps. You can avoid MOST of them. Just like chess, the CV player is always trying to put you in a double bind: lose this piece, or get checkmated. There's whole pages of torpedo-avoidance techniques, learn them. Don't get checkmated. Take your losses, minimize them, and move on. You're a BB for goodness sake, stop getting scared of scratched paint and move on!!

And yet, a lot of times, every countermeasure we all do while sailing a ship against CVs isn't enough. Seriously, a BB on half health vs 4 torp planes buzzing in the sky... The outcome is obvious and unavoidable: the BB dies. (Unless we assume the carrier is an idiot, but let's not bring outliers in here shall we?) SSssoooo unfair, right?

And once again, this means players have myopia. "Oh my god, a marine ball is better than zerglings!" "Oh god a shaman > a paladin!!" "(Edited), Monkeylords are so much better than Galatic Colosii".... The common thread to all these complaints is that: they're hyperfocused balance 'issues'. They're hyperfocused to the point of mockery. They're hyperfocused because there are other ships out there.

Other ships that can deal with the carrier, that can provide a screen for fighters, that a good player can request other good players to move in escort, and negate some of the "ouch" that a carrier brings to the table. Hell, if there's an AWACS ship capable of shooting down BB shells, I'd want it beside me all the time too!!

But 'you' then say: this is SEA Pubbies!! There's no way we'll cooperate with each other!!
.... And THAT's the fact of the matter now, isn't it?

To that, I basically will never have a good reply other than "what are YOU doing in a team?"

And of course 'you' reply "sinking in a BB, no support nearby, CVs OP!!!' while not caring for the actual facts of how you got sunk. Aka complain first, teamwork later, personal glory > anything else.

Case in point: why we no USN carriers?? Simple: no rewards. NO REWARDS. When a team wins a game everyone gets game-winning XP, but nooooo, personal game biggus numbers > making the team win.

And SEA continues to herpy derpy throughout, with only a minority trying to make cooperation a thing. And carriers continue to highlight the HELL out of this problem, while all of us complains about the completely WRONG thing.

And in the end when CVs receive a few more nerf bats? (count on it, it's coming) they will get it on all the WRONG places. Because we complained in all the wrong spots.

Because personal glory.

Profanity,Post Edited, User Warned

~lengxv6

Edited by lengxv6

350 posts

After only 143 battles, I haven't got a lot to say other than supporting BBs in my Cruiser hurts me long term in XP and credit gain as they are usually as far as possible away from the enemy and I have to break from the pack to shoot.

112 posts
1,613 battles

Carrier isnt nearly as hard to find as

you don't seem to understand. the problem is that you can deal damage, from the corner of the map, without ANY fear of reprisal, except from other CVs. sure you die easily when people get into gun range, but if you are even half decent at CV's, thats not going to happen often.

EDIT: being forced to rely on teammates for protection, or hell even SOME sort of counter, in a public online game is just dumb.

yes I can. Every 3-5 mins.... a flight of fighters, can wipe me out before I get my planes home. After that I am done. Corner of the map you say ?... none sits in the corner of map all day. They cant achieve anything. Travel time for planes is too long. Not to mention the fact they die in first 5 min of game. Since enemy CV is sending his planes(all of them), around the edge of map looking for you.

Beta Tester
62 posts
772 battles

After only 143 battles, I haven't got a lot to say other than supporting BBs in my Cruiser hurts me long term in XP and credit gain as they are usually as far as possible away from the enemy and I have to break from the pack to shoot.

Credits and XP is not the case !!!

I am at T7 with 30 Million and don´t know what to do with it. Yes and I have installed on each Ship what you can buy for Credits. (Skins and so on)

The Case is that the Gameplay and the Gameplay-mechanic itself has to make sense. That means fun over grinding because grinding is not necessary to have fun with this game.

The next better ship isn´t really a better ship, because the opponent himself has a better ship as well.

Fact is that a CV has toooooo much Impact to the Metagame.

Ships in formation still need space to maneuver (torp avoidance) if you travel with that space you lose AA cover to each other.

Gun range between CA and BB is the next problem why a CA cant play a multi-role what he should suppose to be (WarGaming explanation)

To be effective, CV is the easiest class to play with.

AA needs to be a lot harder to punish a CV player if he makes a wrong target selection.

Edit:

@Fragkat

Yes make self-defence AA for a CV extremely strong to take out that bullshit chasing each other.

Edited by Kiwi_NZ

Beta Tester
45 posts
6,573 battles

Hi All, 

Thanks for the replies. I suppose I should clarify somewhat on my direction and I'm glad DaNoob brought up chess. I play chess and strategy games. When I play WOWs I feel like a pawn playing in 2 or more CV's chess game. The carrier is the only class that can act with impunity, the only time they need to worry is with enemy fighters, or when the rest of the rest of their team is dead or not nearby. CV's always have all the information about the battle they are heading into the with most ships (less DD's) the air detect-ability is higher than the AA engagement distance. So flying into enemy AA will only ever occur if the CV captain wants it to happen. With other ships this isn't the case, part of this game is the terrain and the need to capture objectives (good key aspects imho) however carriers are unaffected by this, and are only ever seen using terrain to hide behind.

Embazzling_Submarine brings up the next point, supporting your team. As a CA I try to stick with BB's not for them, but for me. If you leave BB's out by themselves they will be torped and after they're dead, you team is already disadvantaged. When supporting your team you're at a loss, CA shells 'lob' much more than BB's and makes landing hits incredibly hard at long ranges . As a CV, if you stick with your team you're not inconvenienced at all rather you have friendly AA nearby, if a DD/CA/BB starts shooting you have back up and further more because of the speed of planes you can retaliate quickly as well, with the accuracy of being >1km when dropping

Fragkat, your comments show the problem with carriers, as a CV captain you are only worried about the enemy CV captain. You also stated the CVs die fast, yes. But you factor in the time it takes to simply cross the map while engaging and killing a DD or CA here and there and you will see yourself already in the late phases of the game. CV's only worry about CV's. Yes CA's will rip planes to shreds but this is easily avoided, Yes DD's are harder to hit but simply leave a plane over a DD and soon enough a CA will sink it. 

DaNoob also brings up the team work aspect, if you're in a BB use your team, however if you're in a CV you don't need a team (or active help from them atleast). 

Kiwi_NZ states it perfectly, CV is too easy, has too much impact on metagame and is only ever punished by the loss of planes, that replenish to a degree (if captained well). 

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

I am really sad to see a new player getting influenced by the online troll community again on a discussion on ship balances.

As most of the Super-testers have recommended, we once again suggest trying out the ship class you are currently trying to discuss before making any suggestions on whether the ships are OP or not.

Edited by Halken_Sky

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

I am really sad to see a new player getting influenced by the online troll community again on a discussion on ship balances.

As most of the Super-tester have recommended, we once again suggest trying out the ship class you are currently trying to discuss before making any suggestions on whether the ships are OP or not.

Your definition of a troll is anybody who shreds your desperate defence of everything CV.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Your definition of a troll is anybody who shreds your desperate defence of everything CV.

This is a bit rude but I generally think Potoroo is, To a Certain degree correct.

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

I only provide adequate evidence and tips on why CVs are not as crazy as people think they are, most people chose to ignore it and categorized it as "desperate defence of everything CV."
Edited by Halken_Sky

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

I only provide adequate evidence and tips on why CVs are not as crazy as people think they are, most people chose to ignore it and categorized it as "desperate defence of everything CV."

Lolno.  You refuse to address the overwhelming evidence CVs are massively imbalanced in 0.4 and always try to pretend it's the victim's fault.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Sigh there are ship stats at this link: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/6826-beginners-guide-to-carriers-tier-4-5/page__pid__100581#entry100581

If you think that low tier carriers are OP, their ships themselves are the achilles heel, heck even the planes themselves are weak.

If your team coordinates properly you can take out any enemy ship this includes carriers too.

112 posts
1,613 battles

A single Carrier attack by enemy kills you soon as he sees you. as a destroyer kills you, hell falling over your own feet kills you. This is about an old argument that people  waaaa it isn't fair I cant do what he does, hes OP.... I demand he be nerfed an I get get buffed....

that is really what it is about. This argument has been happening in games for 2 decades. because people dont like to EVER lose.

Edited by Fragkat

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Lolno.  You refuse to address the overwhelming evidence CVs are massively imbalanced in 0.4 and always try to pretend it's the victim's fault.

:great:

They ARE broken as hell in low tiers. WG, instead of Rebalancing them decided to limit the amount of Flight Control Modules they get - Which is just plainly Stupid - They Bomber/Fighter Loadout itself isn't the problem - instead it's the CV mechanic needs a Rework. Nope Lets do the easy way as we can just let our ST-ers Defend us and we can do nothing but Ruin the game!

Even more amused me is that Why on earth they Still hadn't fixed the problem of CV MM. 2 vs 1 or hell 1 vs None is just _____ in Any Tier. Oh you said there aren't enough players? Oh Deary me Gimme a Break. This is OBT - and I don't see there will be More in Release. Is this really hard to fix? At least fixing this give you a fair fight F_S.

Edited by Alvin1020