You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lam_Ka_Ho

Japan Tier VI are rubbish

43 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
372 posts
734 battles

How could u play aoba and fuso

They are different class of ships

Alpha Tester
105 posts
428 battles

I agree that the t6 IJN BB is rubbish.

Worst thing to have ever floated, and I'm counting what floats on toilet bowls.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,492 battles

You can't win 1 on 1 against Aoba.

I'm 100% sure I'll win 1v1 against an Aoba in Cleveland all the time.

I agree that the t6 IJN BB is rubbish.

Worst thing to have ever floated, and I'm counting what floats on toilet bowls.

Ironically the Fuso is regarded as the better tier6 BB of the game.

Maybe you haven't fully upgraded it yet.

[TIARA]
1,230 posts
4,104 battles

CV...main battery? What? You mean CA, right?

The Aoba's a pretty good cruiser, actually. 3x2 20.3cms. Not as good as the Cleveland since the Cleveland is a monster, but still an excellent cruiser. Big difference in how you play it compared to lower tier IJN cruisers. Not that I'm sure how you can conclude that its rubbish based on just one game with it...

As for Fusou, you get the gigantic shotgun spread of 5x2 main guns. But of course, the big weakness is that it comes with a gigantic magazine citadel with it. And the stock version is naturally hell to play...

lol, I love cheatland, but hate Furutaka

No complains though, gonna enjoy the game

Beta Tester
2,410 posts
7,238 battles

Aoba, got 5 bullets,

Very not enuf.

Fuso range. is 13.2km., the enemy hurt me half at 17-13.2km already before i reach it.

DUH if you upgrade fusou hull she will get a dramatic increase in range, more than any USN BB below tie 8. her 12 guns can easily rekt any cruiser within her gun range.

aoba 8inch gun can penetrate any cruiser armor, deal good damage using HE against bb and sink any dd with few good shot. her biggest weakness is her fragile armor but as long as you can dodge shot its not a huge problem.

mutsuki 10 km torpedo range are awesome, you can stalk any bb and fires your torpedo without being detected. tier 6 IJN dd and above with have longer torpedo reload time so players need to learn how to properly use them propely and just spam them. (don't even dare to use her on close quarter because she will going to lose her guns are unusable, you might have to lock in in place (probably in front) and use it only against fleeing carriers or destroyer. 

flat... i mean Ryujou is a great carrier. saw lots of good cv player rekt havoc against their enemy fleet using her. i have a great time using her too.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Ironically the Fuso is regarded as the better tier6 BB of the game.

Maybe you haven't fully upgraded it yet.

fuso is definitely better than new mexico in terms of firepower and mobility, defense for new mexico(both ships are excellent). it's just that, IJN hulls are TOO LONG and are favorite food of the CVs(guilty). ships with long hulls are easy kills while NM retains that dreadnaught length from its predecessors so we don't usually prioritize them as targets

Beta Tester
2,410 posts
7,238 battles

well considering aoba citadel and higher tier IJN cruiser citadel are huge target compare to the odd placement and smaller citadel of cleveland. i can only count the time i manage to land citadel hits against cleveland. most of them are when i'm on battleship. 

[REPOI]
Beta Tester
956 posts
19,673 battles

Aoba, got 5 bullets,

Very not enuf.

Fuso range. is 13.2km., the enemy hurt me half at 17-13.2km already before i reach it.

I just faced your fuso (in my fully modded fuso), you need to upgrade the hull to get the 20km range.

Slam

14 posts
801 battles

I just faced your fuso (in my fully modded fuso), you need to upgrade the hull to get the 20km range.

Slam

bro, which upgrades can reach 20km... i ve seen 14.x after the 8000 EXP upgrade.

[BLUMR]
4,163 posts
1,924 battles

bro, which upgrades can reach 20km... i ve seen 14.x after the 8000 EXP upgrade.

Hull.

[REPOI]
Beta Tester
956 posts
19,673 battles

The Hull, which is the ship structure. Look at the super structure, I saw that you had the lower one, I knew your range was limited. The super structure is the tower, the 20km range has the tall tower.

Slam

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,492 battles

The Hull, which is the ship structure. Look at the super structure, I saw that you had the lower one, I knew your range was limited. The super structure is the tower, the 20km range has the tall tower.

Slam

Just in case anyone wonder why does hull upgrade improves gun firing range:

- The guns are controlled by the ship's fire control systems, how far the ship can fire depends on that and how high can the gun elevates.

- The ship's mast (or superstructure) is where the main fire control systems are located. The higher the mast is, the further it can see targets on the horizon, thus the ship is able to identify and shoot at targets at longer ranges.

- Fuso's (and Kongo's) stock hull doesn't have that tall pagoda-style mast, thus they have really short mast and can't see or fire far. Upgraded they gets that huge range bonus from the tall mast.

Beta Tester
40 posts
2,876 battles

I really like those people with confidence. That's why i could get them easily in game with my Aoba.

Warships  Battles   Victories    Avg. exp. per battle

Cleveland    44            28                 1,814

Aoba           31            18                 2,235

Aoba is a decent ship in Tier 6, if you consider it as a useless ship in Tier 6, that is because we are in early OBT phase, and people with Aoba are just unskilled.

Edited by DrunkenSailor

WG Staff
606 posts
449 battles

I will agree that the Fuso is one of the Best BB's I ever sailed in. Unfortunately, I have not re-ground (re-grinded?) it back yet.

Also unfortunately, Most of my experience is in BB's and CV's so I cannot comment on the Aoba except the fact that I remember receiving more hits from Aobas than Clevelands... 

No offense meant to any player out there but I sincerely believe that "A bad workman always blames his tools." 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I will agree that the Fuso is one of the Best BB's I ever sailed in. Unfortunately, I have not re-ground (re-grinded?) it back yet.

Also unfortunately, Most of my experience is in BB's and CV's so I cannot comment on the Aoba except the fact that I remember receiving more hits from Aobas than Clevelands... 

No offense meant to any player out there but I sincerely believe that "A bad workman always blames his tools." 

Well... they didn't exactly build the pyramids out of Play-Doh... :trollface:

[GRUMP]
Beta Tester
317 posts
2,180 battles

"Don't judge the ships based on her stock configuration"