Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

no points for taking caps A-E ?

10 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

when you're in a battle with  caps A-E etc and you as a player take say 2-3 caps your self and at the end of the battle in the report screen when u look at the base point capture it always says 0

does that mean u get no points at all for capturing a cap circle ??

but yet to get points for defending the cap ???

16 posts
119 battles

Most likely reason is that base point captures are only applicable in Standard Battle (and possibly Encounter Battle as well).

Edited by Unvanquished

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

yeah but u get defence points for stopping the enemy getting the caps

so I don't understand how u get defence point but no points for taking the caps?

bit silly really cuz u should get XP for taking the caps and helping your team win

Beta Tester
40 posts
2,618 battles

they need to be fixed, those who contribute a lot for the team gets nothing (0 capture point).

it would be great if they make it 20 point for one area capture

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

well  in one battle I was in a DD and ran around taking 3 caps and got no points for taking them caps and helping my team win

to me that's wrong taking caps is part of the game and helps your team earn 1000 points so why cant a player get XP for helping the team win

and I took all 3 caps by my self with no help from my team so you would think they would award a player with XP by taking these caps

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

but what I don't understand is that u get base defence points for defending a base from the attacking enemy

so why don't u get points for taking the base???

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,641 battles

Don't even think there is any points for spotting targets that your team can then hit....like in WoT....that would be nice too when you are running around in your DD :amazed:

32 posts
2,644 battles

Who gives a damn about Capping ... I think Caps in general are ridiculous. I thought this was supposed to be a battle game not Tetris. I wish they would do away with the whole cap system and just have battles. This would help with teamwork and stop the bloody destroyers and cruisers from running of in their own little world instead of fulfilling their role as support ships for Battleships.

WOWS is supposed to be authentic, eg dispersion of Shells,  speed of some ships etc but chasing a circle on a map ruins it for me. I'm so sick of trying to do the role of the ship I am in and been left alone while other run around chasing ghosts to gain a couple of points for getting a Cap. You get more personal XP ( which is all everyone is interested in) by creating damage to ships. This game is wearing thin. You can only get so much enjoyment from it till you realize that the grind you have to do to get a new ship is exacerbated by  a lack of team work.

You will NEVER get proper teamwork while we have caps. In my own opinion it ruins the game completely and is the source of much frustration. You either have to defend a Cap or attack a cap Navy battles were about sinking ships not sailing around looking for Circles on the Map

OP dev or whoever might be reading ... at least give us a mode where there are no caps and it is the team with the most damage done wins. I want an authentic battle not Tag.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Who gives a damn about Capping ... I think Caps in general are ridiculous. I thought this was supposed to be a battle game not Tetris. I wish they would do away with the whole cap system and just have battles. This would help with teamwork and stop the bloody destroyers and cruisers from running of in their own little world instead of fulfilling their role as support ships for Battleships.

WOWS is supposed to be authentic, eg dispersion of Shells,  speed of some ships etc but chasing a circle on a map ruins it for me. I'm so sick of trying to do the role of the ship I am in and been left alone while other run around chasing ghosts to gain a couple of points for getting a Cap. You get more personal XP ( which is all everyone is interested in) by creating damage to ships. This game is wearing thin. You can only get so much enjoyment from it till you realize that the grind you have to do to get a new ship is exacerbated by  a lack of team work.

You will NEVER get proper teamwork while we have caps. In my own opinion it ruins the game completely and is the source of much frustration. You either have to defend a Cap or attack a cap Navy battles were about sinking ships not sailing around looking for Circles on the Map

OP dev or whoever might be reading ... at least give us a mode where there are no caps and it is the team with the most damage done wins. I want an authentic battle not Tag.

ummm if u don't have caps then u would have about 50% draws and no one would win at all,   it is hard enough as it is to get players to attack the enemy without running away at the fist sighting of a enemy warship.

so caps are a good way to have wins other wise you would ony have more and more and more draws as it is u get 7-12%  of battles that are draws.

Sign in to follow this