Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mi_Amore_Cadenza

Two Brothers? More Like The Only Brothers

17 comments in this topic

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Map rotation is partly tier-based. Expect to see a lot of New Dawn a tiers III to IV, then Two Brothers at V and VI, with the occasional Ocean. Islands of Ice doesn't show up until around tiers VI+

Considering how much we played North, Fault Line and Islands of Ice in CBT, I'm not surprised they might have weighted the other maps. Especially if some people gave feedback that we saw those three maps too much...

Beta Tester
95 posts
3,199 battles

Especially if some people gave feedback that we saw those three maps too much...

*in hushed tones*

Those were kind of the only maps we were allowed to play back then...

I mean come on, lemme play on Fault Line or North. Two Brothers is so annoying because it's dominated mostly by Cruisers, as per what I've seen. And don't even get me started on that one match where the enemy team had 4 Clevelands. :sceptic:

EDIT: There were other maps like Ocean back in CBT, but mostly it was Fault Line, North, Islands of Ice, and New Dawn was for the low tiers.

Edited by Mi_Amore_Cadenza

Beta Tester
95 posts
3,199 battles

i find two brothers highly problematic for BB's. there simply isn't enough room to maneuver.

There's a lot of room -- and the exact problem is that there there is TOO MUCH room. Open spaces with only a little amount of cover to utilize. You try to maneuver away, and you end up with salvo after salvo of shells coming towards your ship, as well as if there's a CV then you can expect torpedoes from all sides because of the lack of islands to hamper their charge.

That's why I've noticed that this map is best for Cruisers.

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

don't forget the legendary "Ocean" map lol~ that map is so rare this days..

also the lack of small maps on the lower tiers (for the poor Kawachi)

Beta Tester
95 posts
3,199 battles

don't forget the legendary "Ocean" map lol~ that map is so rare this days..

also the lack of small maps on the lower tiers (for the poor Kawachi)

Ocean is literally a CV player's wet dream.

14 posts
497 battles

Ocean is literally a CV player's wet dream.

It's like they reworked Prok/Malinovka in WoT to suit arty, but for WOWS instead. Tadaa, a 100% open no cover map. Found it hellish so far.

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

*sigh* now i miss the  island of ice now,dd and ca battle on southern part and bb/ca on northern part, you could say its a paradise for intense actions for dd and cruiser... please show more often :hiding:

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

The other day after countless 2Brother/HotSpot/Fault Line/North maps, I saw a Ice Map on my Mutsucky I was "OMG YES ICE MAP !!!!" (for once).

Beta Tester
106 posts
6,207 battles

There's a lot of room -- and the exact problem is that there there is TOO MUCH room. Open spaces with only a little amount of cover to utilize. You try to maneuver away, and you end up with salvo after salvo of shells coming towards your ship, as well as if there's a CV then you can expect torpedoes from all sides because of the lack of islands to hamper their charge.

That's why I've noticed that this map is best for Cruisers.

how do you figure? the map is actually small. the "two brothers" take up a huge part of the map, leaving only a small gap on either side. not good for BB's at all.

Beta Tester
95 posts
3,199 battles

how do you figure? the map is actually small. the "two brothers" take up a huge part of the map, leaving only a small gap on either side. not good for BB's at all.

I meant that on either side it's pretty open. The moment you go there, you have nothing to block shots.

Beta Tester
62 posts
772 battles

Honestly i hate two brothers, the islands in the middle are just giant eye sores, if you could shoot over them it would be alright but yeah

:teethhappy:

Welcome to the Ocean Map, where you can shoot over all.

:teethhappy:

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

it is the sailing distances between flanks, Two brothers is a good map if you like draws.

Lets make a scenario, You push down the right flank with 2 other ships, the rest of your team pushes the left flank, you do well on your flank down the right side but it is not enough, the left flank has fallen and now you have to sail anywhere between 20-30km to defend your cap, no time to get into the enemy cap anymore its defend or lose, you successfully manage to defend the cap after sailing 20-30km, but now the time limit is up. 

Sign in to follow this