You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
3LIT3_5NIP3R

Low tier BBs

7 comments in this topic

14 posts
497 battles

They seem really trashy. I have been able to get good results in my Umikaze, Wakatake, Tenryu, Kuma but not the Kawachi. It just seems so trashy. Inaccurate guns that can hit hard in single salvo, but then 30 second reload. Anything non BB can and will out damage you, it seems. The low range is awful, closing in takes centuries and may mean gg against HE spam CAs etc. Torps.. don't even want to talk abt it.

My friend went through the South Carolina, and found it hell to play. For all I know he could be a trashy player, but the ship does seem to suck from experience fighting them. He found the Wyoming much better to play though. Can the same be said for Myogi? I'm playing it mainly to get the CV as I wanna try every class, and I can safely say I'm rather put off from playing BBs by the Kawachi.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Didnt care for Myogi. Lack of guns, and dodgy low tier BB dispersion didnt make for a happy time. Its been a while since I played it last though, so ymmv. Kawachi... can be made to work, the trick is to try keep the range relatively low, and try keep the OP tier 3 cruisers scared of your guns.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Low tier BBs require a good amount of map knowledge and situational awareness.

Basically what you'd want to do is do unleash a salvo and then get out of firing range.

Problematic is that low tier BBs don't outrange DDs and CLs, instead it's vice versa, most CLs will be capable of pounding away from outside your firing range.

The solution here is rather simple, stick to islands... no...nonono, don't hide behind them like a 08/15 WoT heavy "special" person.

What you'd want to do is maneuver in firing position and then return behind hard cover to minimize the benefits CLs can get from their DPM.

As for the Mighty Mio: Link

Alpha Tester
266 posts
3,486 battles

Wyoming is cool

you can pretty much use 2-3 guns to check the lead angle then unleash the remaining 3/4/5 turrets \o/

Edited by Kotono_Amaha

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

They seem really trashy. I have been able to get good results in my Umikaze, Wakatake, Tenryu, Kuma but not the Kawachi. It just seems so trashy. Inaccurate guns that can hit hard in single salvo, but then 30 second reload. Anything non BB can and will out damage you, it seems. The low range is awful, closing in takes centuries and may mean gg against HE spam CAs etc. Torps.. don't even want to talk abt it.

My friend went through the South Carolina, and found it hell to play. For all I know he could be a trashy player, but the ship does seem to suck from experience fighting them. He found the Wyoming much better to play though. Can the same be said for Myogi? I'm playing it mainly to get the CV as I wanna try every class, and I can safely say I'm rather put off from playing BBs by the Kawachi.

Myogi is worse than Kawachi IMHO...... Someone might disagree with this, but that is what I feel....

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

pre-kongo just sux bad as much as bogue in USN CVs. kawachi's accuracy is so bad and nothing to make up for it. i would kill 4 kawachi/myogi in a isokaze/minekaze easily.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

BBs get fun at tier 5, really good at tier 6, fairly rubbish at 7, then good to excellent from 8 and beyond.

That's my view of them, anyway.

I doubt I'll bother with the IJN ones this time around, however. Limited slots means I won't have room for all, and I tended to enjoy the USN ones more despite their rubbish speeds until tier 8.