Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Serene_Potato

My World of Warships Closed Beta Experience.

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
99 posts
345 battles

So, on March the 12th, I asked how to get into WOWS Early Access. Naturally, the very next day CBT started, so I immediately rushed to get an application in. I got in.

As I'm American, I rushed to play the American ships. No US Battleships were out yet, so I went down the cruiser and destroyer line. At some point I developed an obsession with American CVs (no idea why) and played around 300 games in that, enough to get down to the Independence, where I got bored with CVs. I got as far as the Pensacola before I got bored of American cruisers, and as far as the Mahan in the destroyer line. Unsurprisingly, my two most played ships were the Farragut and the Mahan, both of which I was foolish enough to play fully upgraded (yeah, I do like challenges).

I also touched a bit on the Japanese. The Kawachi was fun, Myogi a bit boring due to its lack of turrets and long reload, Kongo was good, but I didn't get to the Fuso, because...

The US battleships came out.

Those fat bottomed US ships surprised me with their torpedo dodging ability, their sexiness, and their slowness. Finally, some battleships that suited my play style; in close. Getting in close meant that I could finally get to shoot some destroyers with those big guns, and I one-salvo'ed a few.

Near the end of my closed beta experience a friend suggested that maybe I should try out some of these Japanese ships.

So I went down the Japanese destroyer line down to the Minekaze, which was fun. I decided not to go to the Mutsuki as I heard it felt like a downgrade from the previous ship. So I went down the cruiser line and got the Kitakami.

Yup.

Killed a Des Moines once.

But then open beta came, and all progress was wiped.

Shame.

Haven't bothered playing WOWS since, as the Kitakami got removed. I only heard about the smoke nerf today and I don't really want it to tarnish my memories of playing destroyers.

Over the course of the CBT, I played around 2400 games, around 1000 of them were in destroyers. Cruisers were close behind, with around 900 battles. I got a 59% win rate in randoms and a 97% win rate vs bots.

Hope this was an entertaining read, not sure if this should be in off topic or not, it isn't exactly about why the sea is salty. Though I guess I would know why: 

Edited by Serene_Potato

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

So, on March the 12th, I asked how to get into WOWS Early Access. Naturally, the very next day CBT started, so I immediately rushed to get an application in. I got in.

As I'm American, I rushed to play the American ships. No US Battleships were out yet, so I went down the cruiser and destroyer line. At some point I developed an obsession with American CVs (no idea why) and played around 300 games in that, enough to get down to the Independence, where I got bored with CVs. I got as far as the Pensacola before I got bored of American cruisers, and as far as the Mahan in the destroyer line. Unsurprisingly, my two most played ships were the Farragut and the Mahan, both of which I was foolish enough to play fully upgraded (yeah, I do like challenges).

I also touched a bit on the Japanese. The Kawachi was fun, Myogi a bit boring due to its lack of turrets and long reload, Kongo was good, but I didn't get to the Fuso, because...

The US battleships came out.

Those fat bottomed US ships surprised me with their torpedo dodging ability, their sexiness, and their slowness. Finally, some battleships that suited my play style; in close. Getting in close meant that I could finally get to shoot some destroyers with those big guns, and I one-salvo'ed a few.

Near the end of my closed beta experience a friend suggested that maybe I should try out some of these Japanese ships.

So I went down the Japanese destroyer line down to the Minekaze, which was fun. I decided not to go to the Mutsuki as I heard it felt like a downgrade from the previous ship. So I went down the cruiser line and got the Kitakami.

Yup.

Killed a Des Moines once.

But then open beta came, and all progress was wiped.

Shame.

Haven't bothered playing WOWS since, as the Kitakami got removed. I only heard about the smoke nerf today and I don't really want it to tarnish my memories of playing destroyers.

Over the course of the CBT, I played around 2400 games, around 1000 of them were in destroyers. Cruisers were close behind, with around 900 battles. I got a 59% win rate in randoms and a 97% win rate vs bots.

Hope this was an entertaining read, not sure if this should be in off topic or not, it isn't exactly about why the sea is salty. Though I guess I would know why: 

cool story , nobody cares

Beta Tester
256 posts
4,134 battles

cool story , nobody cares

[content removed]

Insults/Derogatory Comments.  Posted Edited. User Sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

[content removed]

hes not very smart , everyone knew wipe was coming .........everyone went through the same things he did , but you dont hear them complaining , well maybe about the really bad player , but that it honest :):)

quote updated

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Beta Tester
256 posts
4,134 battles

... everyone knew wipe was coming .........everyone went through the same things he did , but you dont hear them complaining , well maybe about the really bad player , but that it honest :):)

I hear a lot complaining. Myself included. Perhaps look at the larger picture. Is anyone really satisfied with how the game has "progressed" from CBT to OBT? I'm not. I feel like I'm grinding out the same stuff (given, it was accelerated in CBT and known that a wipe would occur) for nothing more than to say I'm back in some of the same ships. The gameplay hasn't improved, the depth of the game hasn't improved. the MM, the balance, the... you name it. 

But we do have a chance to spend monies... That's about the only thing I see different right now. And even that began in CBT.

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

I hear a lot complaining. Myself included. Perhaps look at the larger picture. Is anyone really satisfied with how the game has "progressed" from CBT to OBT? I'm not. I feel like I'm grinding out the same stuff (given, it was accelerated in CBT and known that a wipe would occur) for nothing more than to say I'm back in some of the same ships. The gameplay hasn't improved, the depth of the game hasn't improved. the MM, the balance, the... you name it. 

But we do have a chance to spend monies... That's about the only thing I see different right now. And even that began in CBT.

Maybe you should go play with friends, div up with some strangers from same country, or find anyone who can go div up with you

That's what i've been doing for the grinding part. After getting to play higher level ships in Atago, i get to appreciate the difference of gameplay in lower leve where running and gunning is more prevalent.

I don't see why you complain now. A lot of players stopped playing after they realized CBT progress gonna be wiped even before WG hinted the beginning of the end. I'm enjoying my grind now, but maybe because i've always been slowly progressing in my game instead of rushing all the way. This is despite i've been converting free xp like madman.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Easiest way to justify the wipe is all the ships now require double the experience that they required in CBT, it sucks but you have to deal with it. 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I'd div with a friend of mine I encouraged to join CBT which he did by buying his way in but he's been unable to play since June 5th and nobody from WG has shown the slightest interest LOL, despite both our efforts.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I'd div with a friend of mine I encouraged to join CBT which he did by buying his way in but he's been unable to play since June 5th and nobody from WG has shown the slightest interest LOL, despite both our efforts.

One thing i do not love about this game is the customer support haha, there needs to be an ingame ticketing system something like world of warcraft uses. 

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

WG's support is generally abysmal. Been that way forever and I don't expect it to change. That's not a rant, it's based on first hand experience and a decent amount of professional knowledge on what constitutes quality customer support generally.

Sign in to follow this