You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BigWaveSurfer

premium ships you like to see ingame

41 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,633 battles

I have a 'wish list' of ships I would like to see in game as premium, and of course they shouldn't really be of the 'big' naval nations.

1st. Sverige. a coastal befence battleship of Sweden

2nd. Minas Geraes a dreadnought of Brazil (built by Elswick 2nd ship built by Vickers)

3rd. Rivadavia a Argentine dreadnought (built by Fore River Co. 2nd ship built by N.Y. ship building)

4th. Viribus Unitis a Austrian dreadnought (very good looking and compact ships, but only 2 of the 4 ships still afloat by WWI end)

5th.Espana Spanish dreadnought

6th. HMAS Albatross a Australia seaplane tender. built at Cockatoo Dock and Eng. Pty, Ltd, Sydney (built much alone the line of the first HMS Ark Royal 1914)

so who else want to throw in to the ship wishing well. :coin:

fire away 

edit. forgot to put in...

7th. Vainamoinen a Finish coastal defence ship (10in guns makes her hard hiting for a small ship)

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,633 battles

Monitors... 2 15inch guns on a destroyer? yes please!!

oh, you mean like HMS Erebus and HMS Terror?  Monitors type vessels

Super Tester
2,725 posts

IJN Amagi, an Battlecruiser that was being converted CV that was damaged in Yokosuka naval yard during 1923 Great Kanto Earthquake while she was being converts as Carrier. Hope to play it as Carrier.

Tosa-class Battleship, it was on-going construction but was cancelled in due respect for Washington Naval Treaty.

Edited by Mingfang47

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,633 battles

Tosa-class from what I have seen is coming in as a tier 8, but not as a premium.

Amagi-class is also down on the BC line at tier 8 as well.

this is from the 'world of warship pre-lease wiki' dating 12/12/2013.

so looks like both are in the game but not as premium. 

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Tosa-class from what I have seen is coming in as a tier 8, but not as a premium.

Amagi-class is also down on the BC line at tier 8 as well.

this is from the 'world of warship pre-lease wiki' dating 12/12/2013.

so looks like both are in the game but not as premium. 

Nah for Amagi, hope to play it as Carrier. You know how WG do with those unfinished and "on-paper" developments? They're making it a reality. :great:

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,633 battles

Nah for Amagi, hope to play it as Carrier. You know how WG do with those unfinished and "on-paper" developments? They're making it a reality. :great:

on that same wiki they also have her sister Akagi down as a tier 8 carrier.

Alpha Tester
62 posts
2,106 battles

The Admiral Scheer. A Deutschland class heavy Cruiser "pocket battleship".

It was the most successful capital ship surface raider of the war, but not as well know as her sister the Admiral Graf Spee.

Would like to see it as a Tier 8 "credit making" premo :honoring:

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,633 battles

what I have been able to find on Deutschland Class is they are talking about putting her in as a low level battleship. showing up at tier 4

from pre-release wiki.

~~The Deutschland Class is classified as a heavy cruiser. But these ships had very unusual designs because of their heavy artillery. In what Tier would you put the Deutschland-class in the cruiser-tree?

(WG) We will most 100% classify them as lower tier BBs. - Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

and

~~If the Deutschlands prove to be unbalanced/unpopular in the Battleship tree, is there a chance of having them moved into the cruiser tree, or is it's classification set in stone?

(WG) Deutschlands can be balanced between low tier BBs mush better than between high tier CAs. - Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I was expecting the low tier CV for IJN will be the Akagi (1925 version) and Amagi (1925, even in blueprint). I checked the leak site you mentioned that was released last year.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,633 battles

I think (warning no evidence to support what I'm about to say) tier 2-3 are more like seaplane tenders like Mizuho and Nisshin, and the first carriers you will see are light carriers like Ryuho. which is why you see Akagi at tier 8.

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

Alpha Tester
62 posts
2,106 battles

Thanks for the Info on the Deustchland Class ships BigWave. Even if it's a bit disappointing they will be classed as BB rather than CAs :sceptic:

Will be interesting to see where they end up then in the Tech Tree. Against Tier 4 BB i thought they'd be a little OP given their speed and how modern they are relative to other tier 4 BBs (eg. they have the Kongo slotted in at Tier 5 and that was pre-WW1 BC)

I'd probably prefer it as a slight underpowered high tier Cruiser. eg. a preferential MM tier 8 that can earn you a bucket load of credits!! :playing:

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,633 battles

looks like the only thing the Deutschland class will have going for it is speed. the armour is lighter then a British BC (only about half as thick in belt and turrets) and 6x 11" guns means hitting power will also be poor. when you compare it to Lion class BC (also shown at same tier in pre-release wiki) with it 8x 13.5" gun and thicker armour but same top speed you have to wonder how they will balance it out

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I think (warning no evidence to support what I'm about to say) tier 2-3 are more like seaplane tenders like Mizuho and Nisshin, and the first carriers you will see are light carriers like Ryuho. which is why you see Akagi at tier 8.

Ofcourse, no need exact. Just expectation.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,633 battles

here is one I think could work well as a premium for IJN. the Dhonburi. a coastal defence ship armed with 4x 8" plus 4x 3"AA and 4x 20mm AA. only had top speed of 15kts. was part of the Siamese (Thailand) navy an ally of Japan.

perhaps as a low tier cruiser

Dhonburi_draw_01.gif

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
390 posts
3,801 battles

looks like the only thing the Deutschland class will have going for it is speed. the armour is lighter then a British BC (only about half as thick in belt and turrets) and 6x 11" guns means hitting power will also be poor. when you compare it to Lion class BC (also shown at same tier in pre-release wiki) with it 8x 13.5" gun and thicker armour but same top speed you have to wonder how they will balance it out

That was the idea, out run anything that out guns it and out gun anything that can catch it, at tier 4 it will shred everything but other BBs... I'd love for it to be a premo but maybe tier 6? Tier 8 is up near Bismarck territory 

Alpha Tester
62 posts
2,106 battles

There is also a big difference between the 11in guns on Deuschland and pre WW1 13.5in guns on the Lion Class BC.

The more modern 11in guns had a higher muzzle velocity, greater accuracy and a range of 36,000m compare to 22,000m for the 13.5 inch.

so it's not always the "girth"!! lol.

Of course, the 13,5 in shell weight was a lot more!

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,633 battles

Here is a run down on one of the premium they have in pre-release wiki.

The Courageous class much fastest then then Deutschland land class and those 4x 15in guns give her longer reach and much heavier broadside weight,

armour is on par with the Deutschland as well.  

Type: Large light cruiser/battlecruiser
Displacement:
19,180 long tons (19,488 t)
22,560 long tons (22,922 t) (deep load)

Length: 786 ft 9 in (239.8 m)
Beam: 81 ft (24.7 m)
Draught: 25 ft 10 in (7.9 m)
Installed power: 90,000 shp (67,113 kW)
Propulsion:
4 shafts
4 geared steam turbines
18 Yarrow small-tube boilers

Speed: 32 knots (59 km/h; 37 mph)
Complement: 842 officers and men
Armament:
2 × 2 – 15-inch (381 mm) guns
6 × 3 – 4-inch (102 mm) guns
2 × 1 – 3-inch (76 mm) anti-aircraft guns
2 × 1 – submerged 21 in (533 mm) torpedo tubes

Armour:
Belt: 2–3 in (51–76 mm)
Decks: .75–3 in (19–76 mm)
Barbettes: 3–7 in (76–178 mm)
Gun turrets: 7–9 in (178–229 mm)
Conning tower: 10 in (254 mm)
Torpedo bulkheads: 1–1.5 in (25–38 mm)

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,633 battles

There is also a big difference between the 11in guns on Deuschland and pre WW1 13.5in guns on the Lion Class BC.

The more modern 11in guns had a higher muzzle velocity, greater accuracy and a range of 36,000m compare to 22,000m for the 13.5 inch.

so it's not always the "girth"!! lol.

Of course, the 13,5 in shell weight was a lot more!

just keep in mind the longest ever recorded hit from a moving ship (HMS Warspite) to a moving ship is 24,000m (26,000yds). so you have to break records to score a longer range hit.

22 posts
756 battles

A lot of the the Dreadnaughts and Pre-Dreadnaughts were limited in their shooting distance by the fact that the guns didn't elevate all that high, The Admiralty decided that due to the weather conditions found in the North Sea and at higher Latitudes where the British Navy would be mainly fighting that it was an unnecessary complication for the guns to shoot over a further distance, if you can't see more than 10-12 miles than why do you need guns that can further than that was their way of thinking. I think the Queen Elizabeth Class were the 1st class of Battleship that the British built that had a longer range.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,633 battles

A lot of the the Dreadnaughts and Pre-Dreadnaughts were limited in their shooting distance by the fact that the guns didn't elevate all that high, The Admiralty decided that due to the weather conditions found in the North Sea and at higher Latitudes where the British Navy would be mainly fighting that it was an unnecessary complication for the guns to shoot over a further distance, if you can't see more than 10-12 miles than why do you need guns that can further than that was their way of thinking. I think the Queen Elizabeth Class were the 1st class of Battleship that the British built that had a longer range.

you will also fine that between the wars any capital ship that had a modernization also had the gun elevation raised and most WWI ships still around in WWII had got there gun elevation raised. (along with modernization)

22 posts
756 battles

you will also fine that between the wars any capital ship that had a modernization also had the gun elevation raised and most WWI ships still around in WWII had got there gun elevation raised. (along with modernization)

True, but most of the older ships in WW2 didn't need all that much adjusting (in terms of elevation), I was talking about the capital ships built earlier than the QE's, which were the 1st of the 'modern' type BB.

Anything older than them had already been scrapped/retired.

Edited by Nugster