Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
daniel98

Good Idea To Have 2 CV In A Division?

34 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

Is it a good Idea to have 2 or more CV in a division? cuz currently only 1 CV can be use in a division what do ya think guys? 

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

come on man~ I thought you know the reason already D:

and no, it's not a good idea to have 2 CV's in a Div.. coordinated plane attacks will ruin everyone's day :hiding:

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

NO, no way, no how. We had this in Alpha, and any coordinated CV attack is lethal, there is nothing that the opposition can do to counter it.  

1,230 posts
2,418 battles

Is it a good Idea to have 2 or more CV in a division? cuz currently only 1 CV can be use in a division what do ya think guys? 

Then u guys coordinate ur attack, then in the forums "CVS ARE OP"

NO, no way, no how. We had this in Alpha, and any coordinated CV attack is lethal, there is nothing that the opposition can do to counter it.  

First stage of CBT too

Edited by Conkhead_12

930 posts

Good idea because:

1) You would be able to coordinate attacks better.

2) You could assign one of your Division mates on a certain role. (eg. one carrier is assigned for air supremacy and another is for Close Air Support)

Bad idea because:

1) It would screw up the matchmaker more often than not.

2) It's bloody overpowered. So forget about it.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Previously you can have multiple Carriers in division, but now you can't.

Let's guess why.

Because WG changed the focus for CVs from aerial superiority to bombing.

Previously during alpha it was possible for a single AS CV to stop two platooned same-tier Bomb loadout CVs dead in their tracks.

Without 3 fighters on low/mid tier CVs and the reduced ammunition loadout on fighters it's pretty much impossible to do that.

Hence a CV platoon during alpha needed atleast 1 AS CV to counter the single opposing AS CV, which in turn meant less bombing power.

Now it wouldn't need to do that anymore, just go full bomber loadout and enjoy the killing.

Except for the above mentioned.

As mentioned above we had it when aerial superiority setups for CVs were a legit thing, they aren't anymore, hence WG decided to stop

CV platoons.

We might see a return after WG re-balances CVs, but that seems to be a far future thing, too bad we don't have an FTR/StaRep website for WoWS...

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,851 posts
4,140 battles

it would be better if will be back in the future

Because it was incredibly enjoyable  in alpha and CBT having your whole team rekted by a cv divisions over and over again... No thanks.  

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

Though it'll be interesting how they'd do CW for ships. Would certainly like to call out for my clan using CV centric tactics.

But having full CV or 2 CV plat in pubs, no thanks. Despite being a proponent for CV tactics and battles, seeing how drunk and vodka laden MM can be... NO

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

Okay guys I don't know there is a thread open already alright I also don't know about having 2 or more CV in a division since I am not a alpha tester I just started playing this year only besides I don't get to play most of the time I only get to play during weekend if I don't know anything Just like tell me don't like be mad or something. I feel like you guys are bossing around how experience you guys were but honestly I am not that experience so do let me know if I miss out anything alright..

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

I just wanna know alright it looks like you guys are angry or something Geez 

Its a knee-jerk reaction. The unlimited CV days were bad, I played AA cruisers through most of them, because it was the only way to fight back... Still succumbed to coordinated attacks more times than I care to remember.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

gee ill be happy if they could just get even numbers of CV in a battle instead of the 1v0 or the 2v1

even 1v1 or 2v2 CVs makes sense to me

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

Okay guys I don't know there is a thread open already alright I also don't know about having 2 or more CV in a division since I am not a alpha tester I just started playing this year only besides I don't get to play most of the time I only get to play during weekend if I don't know anything Just like tell me don't like be mad or something. I feel like you guys are bossing around how experience you guys were but honestly I am not that experience so do let me know if I miss out anything alright..

well, you could have asked us in the skype chat lol~ :D

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Because it was incredibly enjoyable  in alpha and CBT having your whole team rekted by a cv divisions over and over again... No thanks.  

The unlimited CV days were bad, I played AA cruisers through most of them, because it was the only way to fight back... Still succumbed to coordinated attacks more times than I care to remember.

Calling BS, cause during alpha a single AS loadout CV could obliterate a full bomber loadout 2 CV platoon and severely reduce the

damage caused by a mixed (AS+bomb) platoon.

Your bad experiences come from not having a proper CV on your team that was using the AS loadout.

Which was the case during early/mid alpha, but changed during mid alpha due to more and more people

getting sick of having all their precious bombers exploded by the 3 fighter squadrons roaming the battlefield.

Sign in to follow this