Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CarbonMonoxide

Myogi's AP shells overpentrate BB

17 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

why my AP shells always deal fixed 1000damage to other BBs??

I remember that sometime when I shoot at Kawachi's,Fuso's broadside

it either deal fixed 1000(shoot only 1 turret)/3000(a salvo)

but when I fire AP at DD, it deals around 1000 damage per shell

so, is my AP shells overpentrating battleships?

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,951 battles

yeh im grinding myogi too, and it only fires 6 shots so it's already a poor BB, and often I find the AP hits, but fails to do any damage.

I got owned by a tier 4 cruiser, the kuma spammed me with HE and rapid fire....

perhaps the myogi needs to fire HE too?.

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

Depends on what you are hitting on the ship.

AP isn't:

1. free damage.

2. a 100% penetration shell.

AP is:

1. a skill shell.

2. painful when it hits the citadel.

3. easily deflected by angling.

Edited by ExESGO

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

There are 2 possible explanation for that:

- Over-penetrate: Self-explanatory.

- Spalling damage: The shell is unable to penetrate the target, due to either the raw thickness of the armor or the impact angle (or both). However, the explosion from the shot (eventhough it didn't penetrate) caused a shockwave which bursts small fragments of metal inside the ship, thus dealt some damage to internal components. WG simplified the damage to 10% of the shot's maximum damage, the same value as over-penetration.

Just my guess, your case was the spalling damage that the shot failed to penetrate (likely because the target is angled, or the shot hit an angled part of the ship) and fail to penetrate, ended up doing spall damage.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Basically AP most effective against enemy ship in long range (Hit the Thin armor on the deck) or when enemy BB show their Side Obviously

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Basically AP most effective against enemy ship in long short range (Hit the Thin armor on the deck) or when enemy BB show their Side Obviously

I fixed that for you.

If you say that AP are effective at range, then that only apply to anything that's not BB, because hitting target at long range with BB accuracy is...:sceptic:

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,110 battles

Are you aiming at the superstructure? That sounds like the case.

Pic related, this is where you should be aiming if you're firing AP shells:

ExsB0GX.jpg

Remember, aiming at the superstructure (castle, pagodas, observation decks) will do very little damage, and aiming at the hull whilst at an angle will do zero damage.

GcqHFKg.jpg

Edited by benlisquare

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,110 battles

I fixed that for you.

If you say that AP are effective at range, then that only apply to anything that's not BB, because hitting target at long range with BB accuracy is...:sceptic:

This is the only way to ensure plunging fire, however. If you're firing AP from afar, the curvature of the shell's path means that the shell falls directly downwards onto the ship. As the deck of the ship has very thin armour, it's very easy to get citadel shots this way.
Edited by benlisquare

Alpha Tester
266 posts
3,486 battles

I only fire AP at long and short range... HE when in medium and also when enemy is angled

The damage so far would just be 2k-4k

Myogis that I've encountered so far still manage to rack up damages higher than 1k or even hit my citadel. You just need to know where and when to fire AP

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I fixed that for you.

Barely hit... yeah I know :trollface:

[ADM_L]
Beta Tester
279 posts
895 battles

Barely hit... yeah I know :trollface:

You have the range. Lacking other targets, you might as well roll the dice. 

Edited by DaNoob

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

There are 2 possible explanation for that:

- Over-penetrate: Self-explanatory.

- Spalling damage: The shell is unable to penetrate the target, due to either the raw thickness of the armor or the impact angle (or both). However, the explosion from the shot (eventhough it didn't penetrate) caused a shockwave which bursts small fragments of metal inside the ship, thus dealt some damage to internal components. WG simplified the damage to 10% of the shot's maximum damage, the same value as over-penetration.

Just my guess, your case was the spalling damage that the shot failed to penetrate (likely because the target is angled, or the shot hit an angled part of the ship) and fail to penetrate, ended up doing spall damage.

both the fuso and kawachi I met are showing his broadside,which isn't angled

I may fail to penetrate the fuso but impossible for kawachi

ExsB0GX.jpg

Remember, aiming at the superstructure (castle, pagodas, observation decks) will do very little damage, and aiming at the hull whilst at an angle will do zero damage.

GcqHFKg.jpg

oh...I hit the Fuso's castle

I was aiming at his hull at close range, and the shells hit the top of Fuso's castle

but I did hit Kawachi's hull, which wasn't angled

It should be able to penetrate it

but why does it causes fixed 1000 damage?

it's weird to over-penetrate a BB

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

Now I hate this ship. It feels worse than the CBT, perhaps they increase the dispersion? The lack of firepower make it painful grinding when you can hardly hit anything further than 10 km. And the maneuverability is deceptive also, took very long time to shift the rudder......

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

Now I hate this ship. It feels worse than the CBT, perhaps they increase the dispersion? The lack of firepower make it painful grinding when you can hardly hit anything further than 10 km. And the maneuverability is deceptive also, took very long time to shift the rudder......

not really, at least better than DD

now what I see is BB has the best survivability, CA has the best firepower, DD has the best maneuverability and concealment

BB's firepower is not as good as CA, but you have armor and HP and regeneration, you're a great tank with okay firepower

also, the main threat of BB, the Destroyers, has been nerfed into garbage

Battleships are still good, think about the DD and you'll know BB isn't bad

Edited by CarbonMonoxide

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,602 battles

ExsB0GX.jpg

GcqHFKg.jpg

Armour Band ?

Sign in to follow this