Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
jpkiwi

2 CVs

13 comments in this topic

26 posts
794 battles

I think is too many per game..  At teir 8 and above they just shredded everything,,and seems to be the case in most games that I am in..  No idea what the best way would be.. but needs to be addressed, Just watched 2 T9 CV take out everything with over 30 torp planes.. LOL   , Crazy stuff.  Just an opinion.

Beta Tester
62 posts
772 battles

Yes 2 CV each side is total game breaking.

You are watching more planes and forced to be moved to avoid impacts, as being firing at other ships.

Meanwhile I have stopped high tiers to play, its currently just .......

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

If you managed to totally ignore planes and managed to climb up the tiers into the high tier matches you would actually need a achievement for totally ignoring a game mechanic.

Edited by Halken_Sky

Beta Tester
86 posts
6,093 battles

seriously .. just finished a predominantly tier 3-4 game (with a splash of 2s and5s .. ) 2 carriers per team, just a turkey shoot, nobody with aa  ..   if mm can limit cvs per squadron/platoon surely it can do the same per team? 

Super Tester
1,779 posts
323 battles

lel~ if I remember correctly, some of the Alpha Testers complained about having 3 or 4 more CV's per team :D

WG decided to have a maximum of 2 CV's per team so that the skies won't be filled with planes~

having 2 CV's in the game is fine, and if you're in a ship with no AA's what so ever, well, good luck dodging torpedoes left to right

and if you managed to land on a tier 9/10 match enemy CV's try to stack up with other ships, both your and allied ships AA would do the trick (albeit it will be futile in most cases ahahaha~)

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

If you managed to totally ignore planes and managed to climb up the tiers into the high tier matches you would actually need a achievement for totally ignore a game mechanic.

Not liking it is not the same as not recognising it.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Not liking it is not the same as not recognising it.

Sadly not liking it only at tier 8 already shows that he did not "not like CVs" at low tiers :popcorn:

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

I find that lower tier CV are more annoying than high tier ones though :hiding:

Agree with that, especially if it's 2v2 CVs and the other team-mate is a bomber CV who just misses every attack wave.

Edited by Halken_Sky

Super Tester
1,779 posts
323 battles

Agree with that, especially of it's 2v2 CVs and the other team-mate is a bomber CV who just misses every attack wave.

it's not everyday you get to see a 40 thousand ton BB gracefully dodging torps :D

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I know I'm just a newbe to the game, but logic kinda dictates, why is none  focusing on having an AAW ship ?

All CAs from tier 6 and higher can do that to varying degrees through upgrades to AA guns and commander skills.

At higher tiers a full bomber IJN CV can all but trash most targets if they are not with friendlies, and sometimes even then.

I'm not convinced CVs are adequately balanced, and a lot of CV players will say the rewards and game play for air superiority v all bomber load are still a bit wonky. To be fair, however, I've not played higher tiers for a while, and haven't really played at all since OBT as I've been away for several weeks.

Sign in to follow this