You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Liamv4696

Scaling Battleship primary armament accuracy

53 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
31 posts
1,502 battles

So after playing the low tier Battleships for a while now, the one thing that drives me nuts is when you finish reloading after 30 seconds, fire at a cruiser who's 5km away, leading him perfectly, and 80% of your shots go wildly all over the place, then you wait for another thirty seconds, rinse and repeat.

Like, fair enough, Battleship guns are innacurate compared to cruiser guns, but at the moment I feel like i'll have more success if I just aim at the water infront of the enemy ship, or anywhere other than the targeted ship really..

What do people thing of scaling the accuracy/dispersion, with distance. I shouldnt be putting shells in the water at 1.5km when targeting a suicidal destroyer :D

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I ever try using Kawachi and Myogi gun in the most depressed position

It shot between 2 shells that I fired form a main gun really, heart breaking, it is landed at about 50 meters away from my aim

Beta Tester
31 posts
1,502 battles

I ever try using Kawachi and Myogi gun in the most depressed position

It shot between 2 shells that I fired form a main gun really, heart breaking, it is landed at about 50 meters away from my aim

I've got the Myogi now, had the Kawachi recently, the accuracy is so god awful, and it's terrible on the Myogi because you only get 3 shots (6 shells).. But I dont get why each pair can deviate from each other by so much, the guns are firing from the same turret, from the same bearing. Yet they seem to go all over the place like the barrels are made of spaghetti.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

some time it anoying too, like you fire 8 shells at the same time, it fly straight into the target that only 4-5km away and BAMMM!!!!

... all of it either drop right in front of the ship or fly over the ship .... Damn you RNG ....

I think most of the BB now need some buff, Even same tier cruiser can beat it, and BB suppose to be CC killer if you look at the rock paper sissor system...

Beta Tester
31 posts
1,502 battles

haha i get killed almost every match by cruisers just spamming HE, you take like one or two hits and burst into flames, and with a two minute cool down on repair, I dont bother extinguishing fires.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

They need to buff BB and DD at the same time then (so they can kill each other faster:trollface:)

BB might need accuracy, but it just will make DD feel really Threatened

Torpedoes need its power back from alpha and Weekend tester, But I already have enough of complain from angry BB player

1,230 posts
2,367 battles

God god god. BB's accuracy in early Tiers are AWFUL. Wanted to reduce the shell dispersion, but don't want to get killed by DD whiners players

Primarily, I don't use BBs now

Edited by Conkhead_12

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,645 battles

I guess if the shoot straight they would wipe the cruisers from the map in the first couple of minutes, guess it's a balance thing

Super Tester
1,677 posts

well IMHO, shot deviation won't really slap you hard if you fire in volleys instead of unloading the entire salvo.

one viable solution here would force the guns in each turret to fire individually instead of the entire turret.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Im not saying laser beams, I just think if youre 5km from someone, you should be able to hit them reliably..

You can...

All of these "buff BB accuracy" suggestions revolve around the usage of anecdotal evidence, "there was this one salvo that may or may not have even happened which just missed every shot at <insert very low distance here>, therefore buff battleship accuracy nao!", the problem with such statements is, that even if such a thing really did happen, it's a freak occurrence and hardly ever happens, if you're unable to reliably hit at 5km the issue lies elsewhere (lag, de-sync, your accuracy and so on).

Alpha Tester
76 posts

They need to buff BB and DD at the same time then (so they can kill each other faster:trollface:)

BB might need accuracy, but it just will make DD feel really Threatened

Torpedoes need its power back from alpha and Weekend tester, But I already have enough of complain from angry BB player

buff them put Mega particle Cannon !!! for BB and put Photon Torpedo for DD :trollface:

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I've got the Myogi now, had the Kawachi recently, the accuracy is so god awful, and it's terrible on the Myogi because you only get 3 shots (6 shells).. But I dont get why each pair can deviate from each other by so much, the guns are firing from the same turret, from the same bearing. Yet they seem to go all over the place like the barrels are made of spaghetti.

true enough. I can understand vertical deviation but not the horizontal for guns on the same turret. WG has strayed too far off reality and needs to redo its main gun formula.
Edited by Deicide

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

The problem I feel since CBT is that when all guns of the same turret. (Assuming fire control aims all guns of that turret at a target) their shots should be close to each other, not shell #1 flies hard left, shell #2 flies hard right and shell #3 flies high. Combined with the long reload of the main guns, and watching your shots keep missing the same target 4km away 3 times in a row.

Sure BB puts up good numbers (when they hit) but still the randomness of the guns are just abit too much.

Edited by Windforce

Beta Tester
41 posts
387 battles

Perhaps implementing a half-broadside system? Then it should be more viable to fire one salvo first to check--as the differing turrets firing everytime you want to check your aim gives a very large variance.

Alpha Tester
76 posts

i tihnk they should add the gun Aiming mode especially of Huge carliber gun cuz right now the gun AIming is parallel with the target they aim  causing the gap position in the mid section they aim

the new gun mode is making the shooting becoming the " X "  to the target by causing the gun to rotating at an angle to making thier shell crossing at the position aimed at  (i didn't remember what they called this :P plz tell me if someone know that)

this might improve some of BB aiming issue instead of buffing thier gun

Edited by reinforcezwei

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

You can...

All of these "buff BB accuracy" suggestions revolve around the usage of anecdotal evidence, "there was this one salvo that may or may not have even happened which just missed every shot at <insert very low distance here>, therefore buff battleship accuracy nao!", the problem with such statements is, that even if such a thing really did happen, it's a freak occurrence and hardly ever happens, if you're unable to reliably hit at 5km the issue lies elsewhere (lag, de-sync, your accuracy and so on).

No, it happens often, and it happens primarily because BB dispersion is not proportional to distance, which in turn is why BBs are overly dependent on RNG rather than skill.  BB's accuracy was over-nerfed in Alpha to the point where it's not the least unusual to see entire salvoes of 8 or 10 shells straddle the target from close ranges like 5 to 6km.  0.4.0 supposedly improved BB's accuracy under 5km but I've found any improvement insignificant.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

No, it happens often

I was going to write a paragraph or two on why talk about battleships inaccuracy is mostly hyperbole based upon rare occurrences, but neither of us can write anything outside of "no you're wrong, blah blah blah <insert anecdotal evidence here> blah blah blah", so not really much point contributing to an entirely pointless debate.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Early tier BB have really horrible accuracy, I agree.

But what bothers me the most is how Cruisers can fight back easily just by staying away and pummeling BB with HE. BB guns are not accurate enough to hit Cruisers at that range, and I understand that it's the logical thing for Cruisers to do when engaging BB. But somehow I think BB are still a bit underwhelming.

And no, I'm not talking about Bombers or DD torpedoes, it's mostly HE and fires that kill me more often.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

I was going to write a paragraph or two on why talk about battleships inaccuracy is mostly hyperbole based upon rare occurrences, but neither of us can write anything outside of "no you're wrong, blah blah blah <insert anecdotal evidence here> blah blah blah", so not really much point contributing to an entirely pointless debate.

What people are reporting is entirely consistent with what we know WG did to BB's accuracy.  WG wanted to make BBs inaccurate so why should anyone be the least surprised when players complain that their BBs are inaccurate?  Furthermore, that BB inaccuracy is the intended norm rather than the exception you have no grounds to say the players' claims are hyperbole.  On the contrary, they are complaining that BB's inaccuracy is "working as intended".

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

BB accuracy is fine for me and I loving it. No problem with that. 

You love firing single shots at 2km distance on a DD heading straight at u (not even trying to dodge) with Fuso and no hits in all those 12 batteries?...

Oh I get it! you're being sarcastic :teethhappy:

Edit: that's with accuracy mod installed...

Edited by Alfreuson

112 posts
1,613 battles

Trouble ism, you boost one it makes it utterly  untouchable. Everyone switches an plays that ship. Ne4rf it again.. an the cycle repeats.What it usually comes down to, is people want everyone els to lose, an they win. of coarse this is a merry go round. But sadly it happens. Carriers for instance. 1 DD with a 10 pound gun can kill it.... yet everyone screams nerf carriers, because they have planes..... Someone is gonna lose no matter what they do to "xyz" gun/ship/spec

Beta Tester
62 posts
772 battles

Trouble ism, you boost one it makes it utterly  untouchable. Everyone switches an plays that ship. Ne4rf it again.. an the cycle repeats.What it usually comes down to, is people want everyone els to lose, an they win. of coarse this is a merry go round. But sadly it happens. Carriers for instance. 1 DD with a 10 pound gun can kill it.... yet everyone screams nerf carriers, because they have planes..... Someone is gonna lose no matter what they do to "xyz" gun/ship/spec

Yes you are correct, to nerf in general cant be the right way, however what is obviously is ...., maybe raise accuracy and lower the amount of damage (BB).

Independent from each class, I will feel that I hit (in most instances) what I am aiming for.

112 posts
1,613 battles

Yes you are correct, to nerf in general cant be the right way, however what is obviously is ...., maybe raise accuracy and lower the amount of damage (BB).

Independent from each class, I will feel that I hit (in most instances) what I am aiming for.

Agreed, I generally hit. an sometimes even hit hard, but I didnt feel on my Myo that it was that bad.