Sign in to follow this  
khayazy

How to buy new ship..

7 comments in this topic

1 post
186 battles

Hi.

i just start to play W o Warships. after playing few around i have enough money to change to a new ship. How to buay the new ship i try click here and there but still nothing. Sorry for the noob question just like i said before im new to this game. Thanks in advance

Thread moved to appropriate forum.

~amade

Edited by amade

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

You need to research the ship to buy it. In order to do so, you need to gain experience in battle.

Certain ship can research some other ships (usually 1, or 2), not all.

Press the Tech Tree option near the top to see the progression.

And by the way, the experience is "kept" with the ship, if you want to unlock a certain ship, you need to gain enough experience on the ship that leads to your target.

For example, if you want to get tier3 Battleship, you need to gain enough experience on tier3 Cruiser, as it's the only ship that leads to your tier3 Battleship.

Don't forget that experience is also used to upgrade your ship, press "Module" tab near the top of screen to see what you can research.

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

If I have researched the next ship in the tech tree, can I sell the current ship then buy the next tier ship?

no prob as long you research the next tier ship.... but i haven't tried it yet so im not 100% sure

350 posts

If I have researched the next ship in the tech tree, can I sell the current ship then buy the next tier ship?

Before buying the new ship, remember to buy a new ship slot for it. If you don't, the one you used to reach that ship will be gone. :hiding:

8 posts
2,322 battles

Yes I just tried and confirmed it myself. It works.  Also you don't need to have a slot spare before hand as when you sell the current tier ship (say tier 1) after researching the next tier ship (Tier 2) then there is a ready made slot for the tier 2 ship. So when you start out with just 8 slots you don't have to purchase more slots just to have 8 different types of ships from different country combinations, you can just work your way up with one slot for each type of ship. (unless you want to keep lower tier ships)

Sign in to follow this