TatsuyaShiva

How to skip out on South Carolina and buy Wyoming right away

24 comments in this topic

6 posts
145 battles

Good day everyone! I'm quite new to the game. I've done some research and many said it's better to skip South Carolina and just buy Wyoming. I've already researched South Carolina and now I have 9k exp to buy Wyoming but it doesn't let me :( What do I do? It shows on my module that I need 11k exp for Wyoming and I think the exp needed is the yellow exp not the normal one. Can someone help me?

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Just play a few games on the south carolina, it's not as bad as most people made it out to be.

Also at that low tier the grind to the next tier isn't that bad.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Get the Premium ship, Farm a lot of EXP on it, Then convert it to Free EXP, It should cost u around $250, If u ok with that u can easily skip South Carolina and Wyoming. :D:D:D

6 posts
145 battles

Oh, Free Exp is the yellow star right? It says on Wyoming that I need 11,600 of it :( I already farmed 11,400 Exp and about 1k Free Exp. Shucks I guess I have to buy South Carolina and farm Exp again T_T

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Get the Premium ship, Farm a lot of EXP on it, Then convert it to Free EXP, It should cost u around $250, If u ok with that u can easily skip South Carolina and Wyoming. :D:D:D

Why stop there. Skip all the way to the Montana....  :P

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Oh, Free Exp is the yellow star right? It says on Wyoming that I need 11,600 of it :( I already farmed 11,400 Exp and about 1k Free Exp. Shucks I guess I have to buy South Carolina and farm Exp again T_T

Yep, if u dont wanna pay that much money, Then try to enjoy the game and experience every ships bit by bit, thats the beauty of World of Warships :D:D:D 

6 posts
145 battles

Just play the bloody thing.  make up your own opinion rather than listen to people on the internet.

Yeah I immediately regret my decision not taking South Carolina. This is my first game on it. This ship is pretty amazing!

shot-15.07.17_13.20.30-0870.jpg

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

To buy Wyoming, you also need to research the preceding modules as well; if there are any hull/torp/gun/fire control modules before a new researchable ship, you can't research the ship directly.

Also, if you want to skip ships, only free EXP applies, since you cannot use EXP from two ships before to research the next ship down the tech tree line. In other words, you can use EXP gained from the South Carolina to research the Wyoming, you can't use EXP gained from the Erie.

6 posts
145 battles

To buy Wyoming, you also need to research the preceding modules as well; if there are any hull/torp/gun/fire control modules before a new researchable ship, you can't research the ship directly.

Also, if you want to skip ships, only free EXP applies, since you cannot use EXP from two ships before to research the next ship down the tech tree line. In other words, you can use EXP gained from the South Carolina to research the Wyoming, you can't use EXP gained from the Erie.

Oh thanks for the info I was thinking of skipping out the upgrades on the ship since I think it's already pretty good even without the upgrades and it will save me time to get Wyoming. I guess I just have to enjoy every upgrade South Carolina have.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Oh thanks for the info I was thinking of skipping out the upgrades on the ship since I think it's already pretty good even without the upgrades and it will save me time to get Wyoming. I guess I just have to enjoy every upgrade South Carolina have.

No, you don't need every single module upgrade. You only need the ones that immediately precede the next ship. You see the arrows in the module screen? If there is anything that points to the next ship, you need to research that module first.

6 posts
145 battles

No, you don't need every single module upgrade. You only need the ones that immediately precede the next ship. You see the arrows in the module screen? If there is anything that points to the next ship, you need to research that module first.

Oh alright thanks. I took all the upgrades anyway since my ship is so slow and quite short of range compared to other ships

Alpha Tester
185 posts
2,270 battles

Wyoming is certainly nothing to write home about either. It has all the limitations of the south Carolina and its up against higher tiers - wait 'till it comes up against a Kongo.

Edited by PlainMax

195 posts
356 battles

People actuly say the SC is better then the Wyoming? How... it's got more:

More guns,

More/Better AA

More Speed,

More Armour,

More Health,

More (Better) secondaries,

Etc.,

Etc.

And people say the SC is better... right.

Super Tester
293 posts
4,850 battles

the SC is pretty good overall, one advantage is that your'e getting a superfiring layout from tier 3 while the kawachi doesn't ( it still uses wing turrets for broadside engagements). As you will be familiarized with the layout since tiers 4 and above generally use superfiring layouts for their front and back turrets , and the fact you have 4 guns pointing forward as opposed to the kawachi's 2 guns due to that superfiring layout ( though that turret traverse needs some time to get used to, unlike the kawachi you do hv to rotate the turrets 180 degrees to get a perfect broadside. As the kawachi can use its wing turrets to do the job). Also even though the speed is slower the range is better than the kawachi at 12km's fully upgraded