Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kurt214

Wi-Fi network automatically disconnects after connecting to the game

6 comments in this topic

3 posts
1,120 battles

first of all, yes, it literally disconnect only when i log in to the game... it disconnects by itself (i tried other games like world of tanks and i don't dc randomly), sometimes my ping will rise up to 2 million(my normal ping is 80-100, and I'm the only one connected to my wifi), wonderful isn't it? plus this only happens in my laptop.

I'm using Aspire E5-551G(win 8.1, AMD FX-7500 quadcore 2.10ghz, 4gb ddr3L ram, AMD Radeon R7 M265 series gpu, all drivers are updated)

help me please!

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Does your laptop come with some kind of Acer bloatware that happens to feature "power-saving" settings?

I used to have a Toshiba laptop which was full of bloatware out-of-the-box, and there was some kind of "WiFi power saving mode" which reduced the power consumption of some components under certain conditions (I don't know the actual conditions since I immediately format and reinstall Windows whenever I get a new machine, but the general gist is that it activates if power demand is too high).

Edited by benlisquare

Beta Tester
86 posts
208 battles

You're playing a game for goodness sake, attach an Ethernet cable instead! :sceptic:

If WiFi was so good then why would huge multinational companies use Ethernet cables for the laptops of their employees instead of solely relying on WiFi.

Use of Red Text is reserved for Moderators and Staff. Post edited, User warned.

~lengxv6

Edited by lengxv6

58 posts
2,867 battles

These disconnects happen a lot to me, with an Ethernet cable attached.

Doesn't happen in WoT (although I play on the NA server), so not sure if its server related or game related.

Sign in to follow this