Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DaNoob

Broadcast firing solution.

6 comments in this topic

[ADM_L]
Beta Tester
279 posts
895 battles

Here's an idea for a new captain's skill somewhat maybe based on historical tactics. 

BB and cruiser only. Tier 4 situational awareness skill. Triggers upon hitting a target >? km away (I'm thinking at least 8km) with the captain' ship's main guns. 

When that happens, the captain with this skill broadcasts the firing solution he just used to get that hit. For the next few tens of seconds or so, friendly ships around the captain (about 3km?) at the time when the skill is triggered gets:

- a unique version of "fire on my target" that lasts for the duration of the skill. 

- % tighter shot dispersion on all main guns

- a general area to shoot at (shaky-cam circle about twice as large as the target BB from stem to stern)

This skill's cooldown will be twice as long as it's active period, and will require another hit on a distant ship to trigger again. And you cannot overlap or layer the skill. 

Ok idea, bad idea or terribad idea??

[ADM_L]
Beta Tester
279 posts
895 battles

... Whoops.

Can someone move this to the suggestions part of the forums?

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

Here's an idea for a new captain's skill somewhat maybe based on historical tactics. 

BB and cruiser only. Tier 4 situational awareness skill. Triggers upon hitting a target >? km away (I'm thinking at least 8km) with the captain' ship's main guns. 

When that happens, the captain with this skill broadcasts the firing solution he just used to get that hit. For the next few tens of seconds or so, friendly ships around the captain (about 3km?) at the time when the skill is triggered gets:

- a unique version of "fire on my target" that lasts for the duration of the skill. 

- % tighter shot dispersion on all main guns

- a general area to shoot at (shaky-cam circle about twice as large as the target BB from stem to stern)

This skill's cooldown will be twice as long as it's active period, and will require another hit on a distant ship to trigger again. And you cannot overlap or layer the skill. 

Ok idea, bad idea or terribad idea??

Dunno, Nice in some part. Would love the decrease dispersion.

Cooldown peroid is ok.

Tier 4?

Level 4 skill? I think lv3 is ok

50 posts
59 battles

Only problem I see is that the firing solution that Commander A has will not work for Commander B as per example below using Bearing/Range/Course/Speed.

Commander A has a firing solution of 340 / 7.5km / 135 / 23kts

Commander B is bearing 070 at a range of 3km from Commander A.

Commander A broadcasts his firing solution.

Commander B uses the solution from Commander A

Commander B's shells land nowhere near the enemy ship.

Make sense or do I need to draw chitty pictures?

8 posts
626 battles

I think it should be more of an active ability (especially for BB's) that lasts two minutes or so which when active, the more you fire on the same target without moving your aim off them, the tighter your shot dispersion.

Sign in to follow this