You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Chilistreamz

Ships Running The Blueline

Penalty For Blue Line Running  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should some form of penalty be introduced for ships that consistently run the line?

• Yes
    • No

28 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
21 posts
5,656 battles

Hey guys, I searched this a little (TBH Not that much - First 4 pages in this section) and I am wondering what steps the devs are taking to reduce the amount of this ingame. I have now racked up 400 games since the wipe and I am seeing people who are making this an artform.

You can see that they run for the border from the start of the match (Witnessed by own team). Once reaching it they then "Run the Blue line" for the entire battle twitching the angles of their ships making nearly imposable to land hits on them by inexperienced players.

This brings me to the point of this post. May I suggest some form of penalty for ships that perform this action, maybe incurr "Flooding Damage" after 10 secs on the line and then adding "Fire Damage" after 20 secs (Times are a general indication).

This would deter people from abusing the map boarders to the extent that is occurring ingame as:

1. Flooding damage would force them to use a repair or run the risk of sinking through their own actions.

2. Adding the fire damage as well would really force them to use repair.

3. The use of the repair could reset a timer and start the whole process over again.

I think this would solve this problem once and for all.

Regards

AiM_Tru3

Beta Tester
60 posts
561 battles

^ but with a 10 second warning, "You are Out of Bounds" blinking with red bold caps.

Just maybe they will notice that they're straying away from the battle, maybe. If they don't, well.. they should just blow up after the alert timer.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

^ but with a 10 second warning, "You are Out of Bounds" blinking with red bold caps.

Just maybe they will notice that they're straying away from the battle, maybe. If they don't, well.. they should just blow up after the alert timer.

Sure there should be some warning like " Your Ship Going to Explode in 10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2.....1!!"

BOOOOOOMMMMMM 

:D:D:D

Red text. Post edited, user already warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

You don't want that. The offender blowing up on his own does not grant you his HP in damage (which can be turned to XP and credits).

What you want is say...the offender's steering, throttle and fire controls are locked out, and the ship is steered back into the map at quarter speed. XP/credit pinata, anyone?

Edited by Haku

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

You don't want that. The offender blowing up on his own does not grant you his HP in damage (which can be turned to XP and credits).

What you want is say...the offender's steering, throttle and fire controls are locked out, and the ship is steered back into the map at quarter speed. XP/credit pinata, anyone?

Kinda agree with your idea, But i want to see all the blue line abused blow-up sky high for emotional reason. :D:D:D 

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

Sure there should be some warning like " Your Ship Going to Explode in 10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2.....1!!"

err... sorry matey, don't use that "crayons"...

Beta Tester
21 posts
5,656 battles

Hey I like that idea :)

Regards

AiM_Tru3

Beta Tester
1 post
592 battles

I prefer instant dead in 10s lol 

EXPLOSION !!! 

Red text. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Good idea, but 10 sec is a bit short since many of abusers are BBs.

I think 20 sec should be enough for them to turn around and back to battlefield.

Also no XP and credit for those who die this way.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

^^That or the same occurs as if you've run your ship aground.

2 posts
5,995 battles

Hey guys, I searched this a little (TBH Not that much - First 4 pages in this section) and I am wondering what steps the devs are taking to reduce the amount of this ingame. I have now racked up 400 games since the wipe and I am seeing people who are making this an artform.

You can see that they run for the border from the start of the match (Witnessed by own team). Once reaching it they then "Run the Blue line" for the entire battle twitching the angles of their ships making nearly imposable to land hits on them by inexperienced players.

This brings me to the point of this post. May I suggest some form of penalty for ships that perform this action, maybe incurr "Flooding Damage" after 10 secs on the line and then adding "Fire Damage" after 20 secs (Times are a general indication).

This would deter people from abusing the map boarders to the extent that is occurring ingame as:

1. Flooding damage would force them to use a repair or run the risk of sinking through their own actions.

2. Adding the fire damage as well would really force them to use repair.

3. The use of the repair could reset a timer and start the whole process over again.

I think this would solve this problem once and for all.

Regards

AiM_Tru3

I really can't stand this glich abuse personally they should get a ban going for repeat offenders.I understand that sometimes u might end up there but if u stay and keep using this rim job as i call it then ban the waste of space players.Or i would be easier to turn blue line into like glass wall u can't go into and just turns ur ship back into play (bounce of it).If this game is to be a good game they really need to do something about this glich.

679 posts
3,507 battles

Didnt realise this was a hated subject, I like it when opponents hit the blue line, makes them easier to hit.

Nope, much harder. WIGGLE WIGGLE

Release the Kraken.

I've heard some pretty good rumours about possible Penalties.  Just hope they are true.

43 posts
1,280 battles

i agree the blue liners should be punished for their actions. the first idea of flood and fire damage seems good but aalso having their gun controle turned off is also good.

for example after 10sec flooding or fire damage, if by 30sec then their gun control is shut down until they move away from the edge, and carriers would have their A/C grounded or auto returned to ship without attacking.

10 posts
11,481 battles

I suggest imposing a penalty, like the one you impose on running into a friendly ship. But must be given a warning first because some are accidental or the steering is busted.

Beta Tester
21 posts
5,656 battles

I suggest imposing a penalty, like the one you impose on running into a friendly ship. But must be given a warning first because some are accidental or the steering is busted.

I feel a 10 second countdown would be warning enough. As for penalising players by using a similar set up to accidentally running into a friendly ship would not be sufficient deterrent as these penalties are in my opinion not strong enough.

But if the penalties for running the blueline caused a player offending scaling penalties every 5 seconds (After 10 second warning), up to losing all credits and xp earned for the battle then i would be in agreement.

Regards

Aim

Edited by Aim_Tru3

Beta Tester
1 post
176 battles

I think it should be the same as bleaching on land stop the ship dead make them reverse.

It should also give a warning like it does with land.

First!  /  Page 2

Edited by FolkBear

8 posts
626 battles

I second having it similar to beaching a ship. Any penalty would have to be on a timer that is longer than it takes to put the ship into full reverse and build up speed, because sometimes I've hit the wall taking genuine evasive action from torps, and it'd suck to be sunk anyway because I have to spend half a minute turning a full 180 degrees to get off the 'wall'.

Another option would just be immediately losing control of your ship while the crew áuto-steers' it back into the combat area. Thus, there's a small 'zone' outside the blue line which is still in the field of play, but if you enter it, your crew will just take the fastest route back to the game world, which could lead you straight into the path of torps etc, essentially making you easy pickings.

2 posts
1,151 battles

I think adding the siren of the collision warning sound, is one step to deter people from exploiting this blueline strafing. It's annoying for your ears if it's play in continues loop with the max up volume.

Furthermore it might help people in scope who's mostly tunnel vision aiming at target, to be aware he/she already in the blueline. This happened to me sometimes without realizing it & i think so does the other players because right now there is no warning/notice/alarm whatsoever.     

[S_O_D]
1 post
2,686 battles

I think a way to fix the line problem is to have a staged boundary  if you cross the line you enter a null zone and you cannot fire your guns or torps and you start taking flood damage. if you are in the zone for say 30 seconds the damage takes a multiplier, increasing every 30 seconds. 

Beta Tester
99 posts
345 battles

I don't really care, I can kill them regardless of the blue line. The problem with most people complaining about the blue line is that they themselves do not notice that the ship travels on a different course from where the bow is pointing, so they shoot at where the bow is pointing instead of along the line where the ship will be. So the shots always go over. I don't think that the blue line is anything bad, it amuses me when people try to use it to escape me. Pure noobiness I guess.

Please stop complaining about such simple issues, the blue line is just there, just aim right on the blue line, not past it. You'll find that you no longer mind bluliners and instead laugh at their stupidity.

Edited by Serene_Potato