You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Marhault

The Kawachi is total garbage!

23 comments in this topic

3 posts
345 battles

Dear Devs,

Why the hell is this piece of garbage ship even in the game? It is not fun to play. You MUST play it to progress into a usable Battleship THEN go to the carrier. 8.9km Base cannon range??? Same as a destroyer, but slow, clunky, NO AA! How are we meant to gain exp to get past this garbage ship when we get sank by other ships before even GETTING IN RANGE TO FIRE????? Not to mention the inherently crappy matchmaking system putting me up vs Tier 6? Seriously?? Is this your ploy to get people to spend more money to convert exp? Jerks.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Kinda feel da same way as u, but i can't express any opinion due to the lack of experience in IJN BBs.

But i'm sure there a certain way to make it playable + South Carolina at the same tier kinda in the same situation as Kawachi.

About the MM system i think WG working on it. :D:D:D 

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Hi Mate,

Your post requires a number of replies. I'll just bullet point them if that's ok:

• Uh, yes, progressing through the tech tree is a central tenant of the game. This is like in chess, where taking opponents pieces is a central part of that game.
  • Few ships of that tier have decent AA. Don't complain about the obvious.
  • Slow, clunky, seems like you are talking about a low tier BB. OMG, you are haha.
  • All ships have pro's and con's. A good player will exploit the former and shy away from the latter.
  • Crappy match making? I hate to try to swipe your fairy wand Tinkerbell but........this is an Open Beta Test. MM will be improved once the game is live. Deal with it, like I do.
  • Like WoT (barring a few exceptions) you can always get pulled into games two tiers higher than yours. If you get pulled into matches more than two tiers higher, refer to the previous point.
  • WG is a business. The point IS to make money. If you need charity go to the Salvation Army. Until then, please stick around, have patience and things will improve.

Edited by Krieg

Super Tester
1,779 posts
328 battles

I feel you~

there aren't enough maps (besides Islands) that suits Kawachi, any map bigger than Islands is a death sentence to this ship because of the range of its guns, I don't mind the no AA thing, the guns just don't suit much in large maps

Thank god I managed to move on to this ship..

and this is also the reason why I don't main BB's (I'm just using BB's just to get to Kongo lol)

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Hi Mate,

Your post requires a number of replies. I'll just bullet point them if that's ok:

• Uh, yes, progressing through the tech tree is a central tenant of the game. This is like in chess, where taking opponents pieces is a central part of that game.
  • Slow, clunky, seems like you are talking about a low tier BB. OMG, you are haha.
  • All ships have pro's and con's. A good player will exploit the former and shy away from the latter.
  • Crappy match making? I hate to try to swipe your fairy wand Tinkerbell but........this is an Open Beta Test. MM will be improved once the game is live. Deal with it, like I do.
  • Like WoT (barring a few exceptions) you can always get pulled into games two tiers higher than yours. If you get pulled into matches more than two tiers higher, refer to the previous point.
  • WG is a business. The point IS to make money. If you need charity go to the Salvation Army. Until then, please stick around, have patience and things will improve.

Here are some of the "Certain Way" im talking about thank to Krieg :D:D:D

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

Consider Kawachi is a BB1, you shouldn't expect too much from her. And I suggest you playing PvE (vs bot) and not PvP. Easy win, less stress because gun range, more fun. But if you going PvP, more hair pulling, fliped table everywhere, screaming like zombies, and... what again?

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

Hi Mate,

People were saying matchmaking would be improved when OBT hit in CBT

we still get extremely common games with mis-matched carriers per team and one team having 5 battleships and the other 2 repeatedly

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

we still get extremely common games with mis-matched carriers per team and one team having 5 battleships and the other 2 repeatedly

All i can say as a former WoT player is "They working on it and it will be improve soon™" :D:D:D

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Actually, I've noticed a significant improvement the last few weeks in tier 5 and below.

Tier 6 & 7 are better.

Tier 8 you still need to bring lube so your bottom doesn't get "too" sore :trollface:

Beta Tester
41 posts
387 battles

LOL as a Kawachi owner I sympathise.

--The gun range makes you wish you had more (main table-flipper)

--Slow....look at SoCal and come back and complain :D

BUT

--Turrets on either side (switch targets easily)

--ok-ish damage

I've had a few good games in the Kawachi (I think I have sunk the most PvP ships in it too....) so.......

IMHO--and I know statistically I'm a sucky player so people can come and correct me lol

--Play with your strengths, secure (or sneakily acquire) the cooperation of your teammates: don't go solo a flank (tried it once, didn't end well)

--Choose a flank and stick to it--don't worry (too much) about what's going on on the other side

--Fire full broadsides if you can: I get the feeling somehow the shells are more accurate that way

--Unfortunately AA is going to suck if you're in a battleship (unless it's the Warspite :D) so you're stuck with that

--Try to use obstacles and such to get into range without being shot at: and steam straight at the enemy if they're already firing at you--you'll close the range faster and be able to shoot back :D

Just some opinions lol

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Better thank WG that Kawachi is set at tier 3 rather than tier 4 OR 5. >____>

Tier 3 is short grind to tier 4 anyway so why not suffer keep going??

Edited by Mingfang47

3 posts
345 battles

Oh I don't expect amazing AA in low tier...but I also don't expect to be thrown up against T6 carriers if that is the case! This isn't my first rodeo. I have played the USN tree up further, but wanted to try out JIN mostly for the carriers and destroyers. But this shit pile is standing in the way. Even though it is a "short" grind, still looking at 8400 exp just for the Myogi research. Most games seem to net around 300-400 exp. 20-25 games as this clunker sounds exhausting.

Saying it is open beta is NO excuse for matchmaking fails. It is literally as easy as a simple change in the code that decides the match. They either don't WANT to change it, or have the worst programmers in history...I am starting to think they are okay with it which detracts from the game as a whole when you have little faith in the developers.

Yeah I know it is low tier, but ffs the same tier DESTROYER has a longer range. As well as the cruiser. I mean, seriously think about that.

Play to it's strengths? Torpedo bait? Target practice?

I don't know. It is things like this that make me wonder about the quality of the game as a whole. Literally someone (or a team) decided this was a good idea at some point. 

Yeah, it's a business. I was just about to go premium and get a stack of dubloons or whatever they are, but now I am not so sure.

Beta Tester
41 posts
387 battles

Well your 'strengths' include

--Nice guns (if you manage to hit :D)

--Good-ish health (except when too many torpedoes)

Well on the other hand I haven't experienced many T6 battles in my Kawachi.

Sometimes it feels like target practice--if you're really in a rut go and fight bots in PvE lol

Eh well grin and bear it :D

Doesn't look like stuff is going to change in a while--perhaps postponing your IJN progress for now?

69 posts
2,225 battles

I feel your pain OP. I have a Kawachi too! Wishing it had at least 10km range, but it is not a complete loss of a BB. Decent guns & damage each shot.

As has been said, like with any ship or tanks in WOT, you have to work out & play to the strengths. Don't fight alone or get in too close & try not to take on multiple enemies. Use cover when you can. Safety in numbers is a huge part of this game with a few exceptions. Still fairly new at it myself, but loving the challenge of learning.

Stick with it & you'll be rewarded in the end. I do see MM is a work in progress. Not perfect, but not totally broken. Would like to see player ratings like XVM at some point so you know who maybe helpful or not (As a guide!) Have copped more than a few clubbing matches as many rush in like they're playing tanks, might work in a destroyer, but if you are the only ship in range of many enemy guns, you're going to get smashed, simple!

Good luck! :honoring:

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,971 battles

Oh I don't expect amazing AA in low tier...but I also don't expect to be thrown up against T6 carriers if that is the case! This isn't my first rodeo. I have played the USN tree up further, but wanted to try out JIN mostly for the carriers and destroyers. But this shit pile is standing in the way. Even though it is a "short" grind, still looking at 8400 exp just for the Myogi research. Most games seem to net around 300-400 exp. 20-25 games as this clunker sounds exhausting.

Saying it is open beta is NO excuse for matchmaking fails. It is literally as easy as a simple change in the code that decides the match. They either don't WANT to change it, or have the worst programmers in history...I am starting to think they are okay with it which detracts from the game as a whole when you have little faith in the developers.

Yeah I know it is low tier, but ffs the same tier DESTROYER has a longer range. As well as the cruiser. I mean, seriously think about that.

Play to it's strengths? Torpedo bait? Target practice?

I don't know. It is things like this that make me wonder about the quality of the game as a whole. Literally someone (or a team) decided this was a good idea at some point. 

Yeah, it's a business. I was just about to go premium and get a stack of dubloons or whatever they are, but now I am not so sure.

Then feel free to go play another free to play game if you're going to bash a game when it's in a beta testing phase.  A good beta test is one that doesn't have game rules or mechanics regularly changed as that doesn't allow for much data collection.  If you don't understand how a beta works or what the end goal here is (data collection) once again, go play another game, because you clearly have no idea how these types of games play and function.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Then feel free to go play another free to play game if you're going to bash a game when it's in a beta testing phase.  A good beta test is one that doesn't have game rules or mechanics regularly changed as that doesn't allow for much data collection.  If you don't understand how a beta works or what the end goal here is (data collection) once again, go play another game, because you clearly have no idea how these types of games play and function.

Beta phase is practically over, the game is now on release state, except WG decided they should still call it "Beta" but the only thing that's being tested is their server's ability to handle load, which is irrelevant to game mechanics or so on.

Using Beta isn't an acceptable excuse anymore. However, the game featuring garbage ship is perfectly normal for f2p, it's there to suck your money out.

2 posts
23 battles

@ Marhault: If you don't like it, why complain? Why do you continue to play? Drop it--play ZUMA instead until your marbles fall off! What we need here are people who give constructive criticisms and suggestions, not individuals who bellyache about the game. What do you want anyway? If you don't like it--don't play it!

Super Tester
293 posts
4,850 battles

The Kawachi is a CQB Brawler with its limited 9km range, but once enemy ships get in your range its payday for the kawachi. The Kawachi has those wing turrets unlike the South Carolina which turrets are in a Superfiring layout. Enabling you to fire off in one side then fire off on the other side, and the wing turrets due to their layout only traverses halfway so its quicker to turn the wing turrets which helps in broadside engagements. The key to the kawachi is patience , Wait till the enemy gets into your range then capitalize on your big guns to rain down dmg on them . And always remember go in groups if possible, which will maximize your chances of surviving

295 posts
501 battles

Play PvE. Try to get yourself surrounded, shoot left gun,than right gun, switch between target at both sides and they will rarely kill you

*got 5 kills PvE kawachii

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Assuming he kept on with it since his last post in July, i would safely assume hes past the Kawachi by now, and past the only slightly better, but still equally as bad Myogi, and onto at least the Kongo.

But yes, the Kawachi is slow, but its got a lot of big guns, guns that do a decent amount of damage on the right targets, and is immensly better than the South Carobadna. The only real threat to it is being by itself, and destroyers . Stay away from destroyers, and with a cruiser or two nearby, you shouldnt have any problems. Problem with dispersion? yeah, i can only be blunt and say "get over it" because thats a Battleships nature, you cant expect pinpoint accuracy.

Edited by Cyanide7662

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

gotta say - I've been doing lines I don't like (BB/CV) recently just to see if the complaints are valid....

Kawachi still rocks

Myogi isn't as bad as everyone says

Sth Carolina hits damn hard

What dispersion is everyone going on about?????