Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dead_target

flying ship bug

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
55 posts
2,893 battles

That ship does not look like it is flying. Looks on the water to me.

Not too sure how to put it, I guess the best way is to describe it as floating above the water, either that or that it's ON the water instead of IN the water. :sceptic:

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Not too sure how to put it, I guess the best way is to describe it as floating above the water, either that or that it's ON the water instead of IN the water. :sceptic:

Well if the ship is "In" the water, wouldn't that makes it a Submarine? :P

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Well, uh, I don't know what to say. Ships sail on water, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a ship on the water.

What exactly was the bug you were observing? Was the ship sliding sideways or something?

Beta Tester
55 posts
2,893 battles

Well, uh, I don't know what to say. Ships sail on water, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a ship on the water.

What exactly was the bug you were observing? Was the ship sliding sideways or something?

ehh look carefully and you'll see the part that is supposed to be below the waterline above the surface of the sea. I'll uploaded a larger image to make it clearer. Basically the whole ship was out of the water...............

vBJVknuh.png

Edited by dead_target

Beta Tester
55 posts
2,893 battles

It's an example of blue line abuse which needs to be fixed.

How so, if I may ask? And also, just to elaborate, this situation just popped up for one or 2 matches last night and then all of a sudden, it was gone again. Anyone has any idea what happened?:amazed:

Hoverships :teethhappy:

Bingo. Sounds like the best way to describe this weird situation  :medal:

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Um yeah, I've just noticed that's the border (or blue line as we call it).

Basically, that other guy is using the border mechanics to gain an advantage, it's difficult to land a shot on him.

Honestly, one of reasons why I haven't tried to progress up higher tier is because of people like this, it's very difficult to shoot them but they can shoot you back just fine, effectively denying a flank from attack. I encounter more of those people at higher tier, starting from 5.

As of how that border works, well just try sailing diagonally into the border and watch your ship's movement. Also, try to change your rudder while you are at it, you'll then realize what were people on forums complain about that border line.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

How so, if I may ask? And also, just to elaborate, this situation just popped up for one or 2 matches last night and then all of a sudden, it was gone again. Anyone has any idea what happened?:amazed:

Bingo. Sounds like the best way to describe this weird situation  :medal:

The parts of a ship that are outside the border take no damage when hit, so some cheats players abuse this mechanic so that less of their ship can be damaged. It also introduces graphical bugs like having ships appear to float like you witnessed. The devs are aware of the problem and are looking at ways to fix it, but in the meantime either adjust your aim to the parts of the ship that are in play or better yet head to the cap and force them off the "blue line" or lose. 

See this thread for further info: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/4788-blue-line-abuse-replay-collection-thread/

Edited by Pinnacul

Beta Tester
55 posts
2,893 battles

The parts of a ship that are outside the border take no damage when hit, so some cheats players abuse this mechanic so that less of their ship can be damaged. It also introduces graphical bugs like having ships appear to float like you witnessed. The devs are aware of the problem and are looking at ways to fix it, but in the meantime either adjust your aim to the parts of the ship that are in play or better yet head to the cap and force them off the "blue line" or lose. 

See this thread for further info: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/4788-blue-line-abuse-replay-collection-thread/

Ahh I see now. So basically the graphic bug I see is a result of the "blue line" abuse and not some weird issue. Thanks for clarifying. And yea, ships on the blue line seem to have some kind of deflector shield activated for them. Hopefully the devs look into this issue and get is solved quickly

181 posts
905 battles

Ahh I see now. So basically the graphic bug I see is a result of the "blue line" abuse and not some weird issue. Thanks for clarifying. And yea, ships on the blue line seem to have some kind of deflector shield activated for them. Hopefully the devs look into this issue and get is solved quickly

well it's a low priority which makes no sense but we have a thread going trying to get it made a higher priority since it is a bugged mechanic that IS game breaking...you'd think they'd be all over it

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

well it's a low priority which makes no sense but we have a thread going trying to get it made a higher priority since it is a bugged mechanic that IS game breaking...you'd think they'd be all over it

they are all over it, as you will find out soon enough Spaar.....players can enjoy the blue line whilst it lasts:trollface:

181 posts
905 battles

they are all over it, as you will find out soon enough Spaar.....players can enjoy the blue line whilst it lasts:trollface:

I eagerly await it. I really do. I cant wait to laugh at the people crying about their blue line being taken away.

Sign in to follow this