Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fear_the_Reaper

Defensive fire and repair party for all ships

119 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I still do not understand why all ships do not have both the defensive AA fire ability and the repair party healing ability, there is no reason for one ship to have a special ability over the other when all the abilities are not of equal value.

DD being allowed to heal some of their limited health is not going to be game breaking, neither is allowing them to have the defensive fire ability so their AA actually becomes useful, currently DD are under powered and a big part of that comes from their limited health, once they are hit once or twice their game can be over, this eliminates that problem. 

As far cruisers go, Baltimore, Des Moines, Ibuki and Zao already have this so i really do fail to see why all the other cruisers do not also have this. 

And when it comes to the battleships the main complaint BB captains have at the moment is 

"Air dropped torpedoes are OP blah blah" 

How do we easily fix this? give them all the Defensive AA fire ability on top their healing ability. 

Now would you look at that, literally all the ships suddenly become much more balanced with one small change, Why is this not a thing yet? 

It is quite clear the one special ability for each ship simply does not work when it comes to balancing this game. 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

NO NO NO NO NO! Each ship class is unique and if a soloing BB captain dies to planes or a DD gets severely damages cause they didn't dodge and got spotted IT IS THEIR FAULT. Just using the defensive barrage ability as an example CVs would be rendered useless against all ships other than other CVs.

(facepalm) Why am i not surprised this is another FtR post?

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

NO NO NO NO NO! Each ship class is unique and if a soloing BB captain dies to planes or a DD gets severely damages cause they didn't dodge and got spotted IT IS THEIR FAULT. Just using the defensive barrage ability as an example CVs would be rendered useless against all ships other than other CVs.

(facepalm) Why am i not surprised this is another FtR post?

No no no each ship is hardly unique simply because dd can spew smoke, ca can use defensive fire and bb can heal especially when you take into account the fact that 4 ships in the game already have this. 

There is no reason to try and sell the uniqueness of each ship as a special ability because those abilities simply do not make them special, they just change their balance. 

What makes a ship unique is its play style. 

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Fear never learn do you... 

It has been said many times before that giving every ship every ability is as good as giving every ship no abilities.

Then why do Baltimore, des moines Ibuki and Zao already have both the healing ability and the AA ability? explain that one. obviously wargaming agrees with me when it comes to the end game content at least to a point. 

Its about time they went the entire way there. 

Honestly halken i think you dislike the idea because suddenly all the ships will be dangerous for your CV instead of you being able to farm double the xp of any other captain. 

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

post-2003324122-0-59598100-1436164884.jpSo your calling this BB on the enemy team underpowered and therefore won the game and needs a CL ability? The majority of the CV moaners are Newbie BB captains. Have you seen the Q? Most players are using BBs and get shocked when their ship isn't so "Invincible" as they thought so they moan.

EDIT: also note how the only enemies alive are BB's...Explain that.....

Edited by Black_Pantheras

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

post-2003324122-0-59598100-1436164884.jpSo your calling this BB on the enemy team underpowered and therefore won the game and needs a CL ability? The majority of the CV moaners are Newbie BB captains. Have you seen the Q? Most players are using BBs and get shocked when their ship isn't so "Invincible" as they thought so they moan.

Are you calling me a newbie bb captain? 

I have done more battles than 90% of this community and in those battles i have played every ship class and nearly every ship from every nation available, i should know what i am on about. 

And yes, have you played a high tier CV? you think people are complaining about the low tier CV now? 

lets wait until a few thousand people are at tier 8 ships and going against Hakuryu

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

Are you calling me a newbie bb captain? 

I have done more battles than 90% of this community and in those battles i have played every ship class and nearly every ship from every nation available, i should know what i am on about. 

Then why are you making the most illogical comments?

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Then why are you making the most illogical comments?

I am making non biased comments. i like all the ships. id like to see them all live up to their potentials. 

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

Just to remind you there is a thing called a combat triangle and sure DDs are weak but they have stealth and speed and smoke. If you want an equal game with the same gameplay why doesn't WG make a game of just battleships?

It's like saying oh no light tanks are too weak so they need the armour and firepower of a Heavy tank. No each ship/tank has it's own unique roles.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Just to remind you there is a thing called a combat triangle and sure DDs are weak but they have stealth and speed and smoke. If you want an equal game with the same gameplay why doesn't WG make a game of just battleships?

It's like saying oh no light tanks are too weak so they need the armour and firepower of a Heavy tank. No each ship/tank has it's own unique roles.

Go think about this really hard for 20 minutes then come back and tell me i am wrong, Heck better idea go play one of the ships that HAS WHAT I AM ASKING FOR ALREADY then tell me it makes the game unique when CA cant heal. 

The abilities are not making the ships unique their unique play styles is making them unique meaning giving some abilities that are more valuable than other simply tips the balance of the game in the wrong direction. 

t10 CA are currently the best ships tier for tier simply because they can heal and they have the defensive fire ability. It didnt change how unique each ship is but they are better than the other ships because of it thats for sure. 

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

Go think about this really hard for 20 minutes then come back and tell me i am wrong, Heck better idea go play one of the ships that HAS WHAT I AM ASKING FOR ALREADY then tell me it makes the game unique when CA cant heal. 

See... another illogical statement. Your contradicting yourself just like when you said your not biased "

Fear_the_Reaper, on 14 July 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

DD being allowed to heal some of their limited health is not going to be game breaking, neither is allowing them to have the defensive fire ability so their AA actually becomes useful, currently DD are under powered and a big part of that comes from their limited health, once they are hit once or twice their game can be over, this eliminates that problem. 

DD are under powered". In response to your answer BBs are made to be tanky and CLs are not. 

Fear stop making posts if your just going to make illogical and contradictory statements.

Edited by Black_Pantheras

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

See... another illogical statement. Your contradicting yourself just like when you said your not biased "

DD are under powered". In response to your answer BBs are made to be tanky and CLs are not. 

Fear stop making posts if your just going to make illogical and contradictory statements.

You can't blame him for thinking that because the top 4 cruisers have the healing skill. You either take them out, or give them to every cruiser.

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

You can't blame him for thinking that because the top 4 cruisers have the healing skill. You either take them out, or give them to every cruiser.

That "healing ability" heals like what 10% of light damage max? It's not going to make a difference to the combat triangle. Any Tier X BB can wreck any tier X CL

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

That "healing ability" heals like what 10% of light damage max? It's not going to make a difference to the combat triangle. Any Tier X BB can wreck any tier X CL

obviously you have never played either a t10 CA or a t10 BB because a t10 CA rips a t10 BB apart if the captain is skilled, heck Des moines can go toe to toe with a yamato in a gun battle at 6km and win because of the healing ability. 

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

It's not 10%, afaik. There is a limited time to soak up the damage though.

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

obviously you have never played either a t10 CA or a t10 BB because a t10 CA rips a t10 BB apart if the captain is skilled, heck Des moines can go toe to toe with a yamato in a gun battle at 6km and win because of the healing ability. 

Another illogical statement.

Sure any good player versing a noob will win. Heck even a DD can torp a CL. The whole point about the combat triangle isn't about you CANT kill something but you are disadvantaged. A Yamato can 1 shot volley a CL easy at 6km and it also has secondary guns. A BB has High health also so another advantage vs CLs.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Another illogical statement.

Sure any good player versing a noob will win. Heck even a DD can torp a CL. The whole point about the combat triangle isn't about you CANT kill something but you are disadvantaged. A Yamato can 1 shot volley a CL easy at 6km and it also has secondary guns. A BB has High health also so another advantage vs CLs.

Keep saying what i say is illogical and i will simply ignore you as a pest. You are not spock. 

So have you ever played a t10 CA or BB? I never remember seeing you play one ever. maybe during the space event you did? 

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

Keep saying what i say is illogical and i will simply ignore you as a pest. You are not spock. 

Fine...like 90% of the forum community we will disregard your illogical posts and see you as someone that can't consider other peoples points and understand what a combat triangle is. Stop preaching about balance when you don't understand what the combat triangle is.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

That triangle actually encompass CVs rather than DDs. DDs rely on the anyone moving without pressing WASD for an extended period of time.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Fine...like 90% of the forum community we will disregard your illogical posts and see you as someone that can't consider other peoples points and understand what a combat triangle is. Stop preaching about balance when you don't understand what the combat triangle is.

I understand that the combat triangle is completely broken.

So panther how many battles have you played a tier 10 CA or BB? 

You keep telling me my statements are illogical, lets see just how logical are your statements? 

From how i understand it at the moment you are commenting on things you have never even played. 

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

I understand that the combat triangle is completely broken.

So panther how many battles have you played a tier 10 CA or BB? 

You keep telling me my statements are illogical, lets see just how logical are your statements? 

From how i understand it at the moment you are commenting on things you have never even played. 

Why are you the only one complaining that BBs don't have speed boosts and smoke?

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Why are you the only one complaining that BBs don't have speed boosts and smoke?

I am not lol i am complaining that all the ships should have the healing ability and defensive fire ability do you even read or are you actually trolling atm and playing stupid? 

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

I am not lol i am complaining that all the ships should have the healing ability and defensive fire ability do you even read or are you actually trolling atm and playing stupid? 

Me trolling? Then why are you editing all your posts to my responses LOL!

Sign in to follow this