You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fear_the_Reaper

Plane kills need an experience buff

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Plane kills currently do not give enough experience, I see people who love American CV complain about the fact that they get hardly any experience for shooting down 30 or so planes in their CV to provide air supremacy, not only that i know for a fact that adding 30 plane kills onto a game in my Cleveland does not really add to my experience at the end so i am not really tempted to chase plane kills i simply take them as they come.

This leaves CA players in a position of not wanting to defend other ships from planes because they get much more experience from shooting at other ships and CV players leaning toward a japanese CV with bomber load outs simply because getting more damage done is getting them a lot more experience than providing air supremacy even though controlling the air is much more important for the team. 

Simple fix, make plane kills provide more experience and it will improve gameplay for everyone.... except maybe the CV captains who enjoy a bomber loadout, they might not actually like all the CA and CV chasing their planes around the map :P

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I totally agree.

(Yes, sky is falling, pigs are flying, hell hath frozen over)

Perhaps a good way to prevent exp farming to to award lump sum bonuses the more planes are shot down, so players shooting down 20-30 planes are definitely earning a lot more exp than those just shooting dow  5-10 or so by not doing anything special.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Something like this syanda? 

Have a small sum for the first set of five kills on top of what ever xp you already get then have it double every time you tally another 5 kills until the bonus caps at 200xp per 5 planes taken out.

5 kills = 25xp bonus

10 kills = 50xp bonus

15 kills = 100xp bonus

20 kills = 200xp bonus

+5 kills from here on would be an extra 200xp

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Which would make way for AA focus premmy ship like Maya.

I don't even wait for Maya, currently my BB focus on AA skill and mods cuz without those things im pretty much dead. :D:D:D 

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

I would like to have the CA Maya or the DD Akizuki in the game, watching the planes blow up is satisfying, especially if you are supporting your team-mates avoid getting bombed.

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

And scouting too. Spotting damage should be accounted for XP and credits. Historically speaking, scouting and giving intel about the whereabouts of your enemy fleet is very important.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

And scouting too. Spotting damage should be accounted for XP and credits. Historically speaking, scouting and giving intel about the whereabouts of your enemy fleet is very important.

yeah scouting should be a thing in this game, though with bb being the best scouts idk how it would work lol 

181 posts
905 battles

yeah scouting should be a thing in this game, though with bb being the best scouts idk how it would work lol 

thats kinda the the problem with how warships work. in essence any ship can be a scout from a long enough distance. scout planes need to be more useful but they went and changed them to turn them into spotter planes. Scout planes should be what generate spotting XP for those that have them as planes were used to EXTEND the visual detection range of all ships and report in enemy locations. It's probably the most difficult part of naval environments to actually figure out how to do since given the distance constraints of the game any ship will spot another ship. The reason there were scout planes and scout ships, ie light cruisers and what not was because they have to travel hundres of miles to find the enemy fleets and then maneuver to engage them in combat and even that was done at large ranges.

The use of spotter planes becomes more useful when under fire as it's harder for visual watch keepers to maintain contact with enemy ships when there's shells raining down around them. They'd have to rework the entire spotting and scouting mechanics of the game to make it actually workable.

But back to the original post, I agree AA kills need to be rewarded more both XP and credits wise to make it worth doing.

Super Tester
1,779 posts
323 battles

Take into account the tier level of the planes for additional/less exp

I.e: higher tier ships that destroy low tier planes will reward you less exp than destroying higher tier planes in which they give more exp (can also be applied to ships if WG wished to)

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Also do note that a CA doing AA guard duty even when the carrier in your team has AS module equipped is a bad move, this could be said for people using US CVs and complaining about exp when they did not use their bomber squadron effectively.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Also do note that a CA doing AA guard duty even when the carrier in your team has AS module equipped is a bad move, this could be said for people using US CVs and complaining about exp when they did not use their bomber squadron effectively.

Still the point is that planes do not provide enough experience to be worth killing. 

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Any tutorial or tips for DB?

I usually target IJN ships since they have thin deck armor. But that's as far as my knowledge of DB goes, i also occasionally use manual aiming although it's difficult against non battleship.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Any tutorial or tips for DB?

I usually target IJN ships since they have thin deck armor. But that's as far as my knowledge of DB goes, i also occasionally use manual aiming although it's difficult against non battleship.

Target ship from its fore or aft for greater chace of hit?

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Massive exp and stat padding may not be the right way to play those ships, if you think that you can't gain enough exp try changing your play-style with the same ship you may surprise yourself sometimes.