Sign in to follow this  
Pg109Warships

Lemmings trains (No I am not rage mode)

18 comments in this topic

8 posts
442 battles

I noticed the the games I lose (As a CV Captain) is the ones where my team was a lemming train. Is this happening because people want to be with BBs or what because I just get torpedoed by a DD coming through the middle or the other side.

I do try to go with my Team mates but I am in the Bouge which goes 16 knots so yeah.

(Please don't kill me for being a CV captain K?)

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Yes - but in any Naval warfare sticking together is the key to survival, especially against Aerial attack.

No one tells you that CV = Find a Mountain and Camp. This is something I hate to see. You are Actually mobile enough to keep a distance from the battlefield while still keeping up with the team. Your team won't just go a Straight line right? Thats the time you can catch up a bit while staying in a safe zone.

Beta Tester
86 posts
208 battles

Well unlike WoT where being on a lemming train means almost an instant loss, going on a lemming train on WoWS is quite a viable strategy ofc as long as they point their broadside at the enemy, provide focus firing and target prioritization that is. Just try to keep up, hide, or free xp that slow CV for a faster one. XD

Most of my losses came from me not supporting the fleet or doing solo runs.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Well unlike WoT where being on a lemming train means almost an instant loss, going on a lemming train on WoWS is quite a viable strategy ofc as long as they point their broadside at the enemy, provide focus firing and target prioritization that is. Just try to keep up, hide, or free xp that slow CV for a faster one. XD

Lemming train of slow ships isn't a good idea if it's standard game mode, where you actually has a base to defend...

I've seen several games where both teams lemming to opposite sides, only to get to the other cap without encountering much opposition at all. And yes, the battle ends with one team cap faster than the other, and most of us don't get much reward out of it.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I found that one side is not always good for the team, Many time i got cap out cuz all of my team went one side and not care about base and stuff left me and my DD mate DEF on our own and we got out class by CAs (Then calling us noob cuz we cant fight CAs lol).

So as a gameplay aspect i oppose going full one side, It can mean instant loss in most of the game i have played, Usually when opposing fleet divided their forced and going for base.

Still i agree with those solo play and independent action usually wont do any good for the team (but those ninja IJN DD might work lol) :D:D:D     

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles

When it comes to lemming trains in WoWS, the trick is to be PART of the train and not the sole fighter on the opposing flank.  As people have said, a naval blob get's excellent AAA and lots of firepower.  It actually works fairly well, although it's not exactly the solution to every engagement.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
5,648 battles

Someone has to watch the none lemming train side and most of the time it is me (and yet my battles survival rate is still 57%).

I have nothing against the lemming train just keep in mind if you have a fast and long shooting range ship (like theT4 Phoenix) then you should be watching your teams other flank and slow the enemy down with hit and run tactic

8 posts
442 battles

Aways try to be the part of the train but when you only go 16 knots. :sceptic:

Just had a team the when full train too the left. We fought the BBs and stuff at there cap we lost and then I died in my CV.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
5,648 battles

I do help MY team out I get 2 kills each match which not bad for me as a starter. It just my team doing the wrong thing.

your kill rate is 0.68 so perhaps you shouldn't blame your team

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/community/accounts/2008359346-Pg109Warships/#tab=account-tab-overview-pvp

link to your stats they come in handy for seeing how you are going in the game

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
5,648 battles

Its 1.39.....3  9  

not even your PVE is that high.....you should look it up
Edited by BigWaveSurfer

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
5,648 battles

But I don,t even play PVE anymore.

you have had 61 battles in PVE and 72 in PVP

have you look at your stats? the link is above, It's a handy way to see how you are progressing as a captain.

Sorry if I am sound nasty I sent too much time on the NA forums lol

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Someone has to watch the none lemming train side and most of the time it is me (and yet my battles survival rate is still 57%).

I have nothing against the lemming train just keep in mind if you have a fast and long shooting range ship (like theT4 Phoenix) then you should be watching your teams other flank and slow the enemy down with hit and run tactic

I wish i have someone like you in the team :D:D:D

Most of the times i have to watch the flank with DD (cuz i play DD lol) and no one even care to support me, and as expected CA will out gun me in the end.  

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Its 1.39.....3  9  

You have to look at average per battle, total kill/death ratio is somehow irrelevance, If u wanna make that count my K/D is 2.22 is that make sense to you ? is it mean i sunk 2 or more ships every match ?

NO!! my actual ratio is 1.27 that it :D:D:D

29 posts
825 battles

As I've mentioned before a lemming train actually does better than a solo effort compared over to WoT. BUT there are still things to consider. For instance your speed and class, even if joining the lemming train is often desirable, you need to know when you can still break from it to support another flank. DDs and CAs/CLs of course have such and they do have the capacity to defend another flank. BBs on the other hand can still be useful if they can join said DDs and CAs breaking off from the lemming train. A good BB can if in range still provide good firing support while the CAs and CL whittle them down. Simply put compared to WoT, there has to be some foresight when you start a game.

I've had some fortune to be with said BBs knowing what to do, and actually supporting a defensive flank. Also said defense can turn to a pretty immense slaughterfest once it turns to a pincer attack.

Edited by CommissarPraetor

Sign in to follow this