Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Muds_Revenge

Atago, comments from owners here please.

47 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
37 posts
403 battles

Comment: Don't buy it until you get the Myoko or Mogami. :hiding:

Why is that ?

I'v always wanted Takao and now they made it into a 'Class' and gave us premium Atago instead. was it ever so lacking in tier 8 previously ? :(

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Very similar to both the Myoko and the Mogami (with the 203mm guns), has a neat base camo that so far is unique to it (as opposed to the standard grey of IJN ships), only real difference is that it has a really good torpedo layout, with the forward launchers aiming forwards, so you get much more flexibility when it comes to torp'ing people.

Alpha Tester
37 posts
403 battles

it sound familar... did they bring it back to shop ?

Have not verified it myself but in the patch notes it was mentioned that they are bringing back the tier VIII premiums 

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Why is that ?

I'v always wanted Takao and now they made it into a 'Class' and gave us premium Atago instead. was it ever so lacking in tier 8 previously ? :(

Because the least thing we wanted is people who have no idea how to sail that ship playing high-tier battles in their newly bought tier8 premium.

USN Cruisers are fine, but Japanese Cruisers aren't as simple, it takes more practice to do well in them, something I doubt the new population have yet.

Let's hope she won't have the Lowe's reputation.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,970 battles

Because the least thing we wanted is people who have no idea how to sail that ship playing high-tier battles in their newly bought tier8 premium.

USN Cruisers are fine, but Japanese Cruisers aren't as simple, it takes more practice to do well in them, something I doubt the new population have yet.

The thing about that is though, when you meet a good Lowe driver, they really punish you for taking them lightly.

Overall the Atago is a great ship, although very susceptible to damage.  She packs a fair punch and has good torpedo layout.  She is not a good ship to learn in as she is not forgiving.

Alpha Tester
8 posts
2,941 battles

Well, let's face it.

If you want to use a Japanese premium ship, this is what you have:

1. Yubari, T4CL - Great for low tier AA, but not exactly a good premium ship you can use to get good credits and train captains of other ships due to the chaos nature of low tier battle which will most likely sour your experience. Not to mention with 2 not so fast turning guns in a gun infested environment (US Cruisers, Kuma, etc.).

2. Iwaki Alpha, T4CL - Truly awesome, but Alpha tester only.

3. Ishizuchi, T4BB - We all know what BBs have to face in low tier battles.

4. Atago, T8CA - If you can play average on a cruiser, it will do much more than above ships, making it the best premium ship you can acquire in IJN at the moment.

The only problem you're facing now is you're most likely to encounter the fastest grinding players as a T8 ship.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

As a proud WG game player, you should know where Germans usually end up. (shrug

You mustn't seen it's amazing gun stat.....

Alpha Tester
37 posts
403 battles

Ah I was actually ranting about how Takao, back in CBT was a legit Tier VII that you could unlock VS now being a premium :(

But I do agree with your statement about newbies buying it and playing it like a fireship :/ 

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Is Bismarck going to be a prem ship for sure?

Of Course it will. It's in the game files. And this is WG we're talking about. $$$$.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

What about Atlanta ?

Not recommended - in 4.0. The 127 HE damage had been nerfed and it's playstyle is not very Newbie-Friendly.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Yes what about Atlanta?

Back to Atago... Would CBT experience with Haguro-chan and Mogamin help in handling Atago?

Less AA, less detection range, most probably same citadel size as the Myoukou.

Oh, and by Myoukou's citadels, I mean even 155mm guns can pen it, but I haven't tested it yet.

Edited by Umidoori

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Less AA, less detection range, most probably same citadel size as the Myoukou.

Oh, and by Myoukou's citadels, I mean even 155mm guns can pen it, but I haven't tested it yet.

Don't need to test - Cleveland Eat it up like nobody business with HE at long range and AP at close range. In CBT of course.
Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Don't need to test - Cleveland Eat it up like nobody business with HE at long range and AP at close range. In CBT of course.

I mean Atago, but yes, 155mm can hit citadels of the Myoukou at 10km. That's the only cruiser that can get AP penned at 10km with 155mm.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

So is Atago still worth while to get?

I didn't bring Haguro-chan out back in CBT when it got down graded to tier 7

Than again, I never really took notice on what shells penned me etc in both Haguro and Mogamin.

All I know is that IJN CA are floating citadels.

But that torpedo arc on Atago is just sweet. What's the torp range for her? Anyone remembered?

Sign in to follow this