Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jeheil

USN CV's

41 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
5 posts
1,042 battles

Now putting CV hatred aside for a moment.

I just hit T6 with my USN CV. When in T5 I would run 2 fighters and 1 bomber and basically secure the skies for my allies by leveraging the US fighter supremacy, often knocking up 40+ air kills. Now sometimes if I was the only carrier or against another US fighter based CV this would make me a bit of a useless floating log, however with a high T5 win rate and lots of well played air battles I thought I was doing a good job.

When I hit T6...well I basically have the SAME aircraft as I had at T5 (worse at stock) and my options don't get any better. Whereas my torp weilding foes now all get an extra wing....and almost every ship and its dog fling up a single seater which can harry my fighters for FAR TO LONG.

Does the US get better later on...the IJN seem to have bajillions of wings in their higher tier.

Given Dive Bombers are a bit rubbish....and I can't have fighters unless I have dive bombers....all seems a bit uninspiring....given that even if I get clear skies and do EVERYTHING right (not likely) I will finish 4th or 5th in the team and get pitiful EXP. Looking at 70 games to get to T7.....and then I get ONE more wing :(

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

Now putting CV hatred aside for a moment.

I just hit T6 with my USN CV. When in T5 I would run 2 fighters and 1 bomber and basically secure the skies for my allies by leveraging the US fighter supremacy, often knocking up 40+ air kills. Now sometimes if I was the only carrier or against another US fighter based CV this would make me a bit of a useless floating log, however with a high T5 win rate and lots of well played air battles I thought I was doing a good job.

When I hit T6...well I basically have the SAME aircraft as I had at T5 (worse at stock) and my options don't get any better. Whereas my torp weilding foes now all get an extra wing....and almost every ship and its dog fling up a single seater which can harry my fighters for FAR TO LONG.

Does the US get better later on...the IJN seem to have bajillions of wings in their higher tier.

Given Dive Bombers are a bit rubbish....and I can't have fighters unless I have dive bombers....all seems a bit uninspiring....given that even if I get clear skies and do EVERYTHING right (not likely) I will finish 4th or 5th in the team and get pitiful EXP. Looking at 70 games to get to T7.....and then I get ONE more wing :(

Yeah, US is air supremacy yu know.

High tier US planes are....  lol, Clear skies Pumper

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Lexington

wait till you get Lady Lex and her Corsairs _(:3」∠)_

I think I remember seeing that at CBT... wiping out the Taiho's own strike planes and giving her own fighter complement problems.

Beta Tester
5 posts
1,042 battles

Yes but the constraint is the number of squads...all well and good having the best punch in the game...but if 2 of my squads (I prefer wings) engage 2 of theirs...there are still 3 to 4 wreaking merry havoc....and even if I dispose of 1 fairly quickly.....a single seater can kill all my 'leets' coz we ran out of ammo.......disengaging at low ammo also gets you toasted.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

US fighter have 15% more ammo than IJN one

but much slower then IJN Fighter (probably for maintaining the formation of 6 to 7 planes)

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

US fighter have 15% more ammo than IJN one

but much slower then IJN Fighter (probably for maintaining the formation of 6 to 7 planes)

Being slower isn't necessarily a disadvantage though, because of that Dogfight commander skill :hiding:

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

IJN CV, Clear the Sea

USN CV, Clear the sky

.... but, you can't win by kill all enemy plane ...  but atleast you can help your team from not getting wiped in the sea
So US Fighter need little OP like this so they can fight IJN OP Torp bomber 

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Good Luck getting through Till Tier 9 where life will be easier.

Shooting down planes give S___ because some Utter _____ decided shooing down stuff should not be rewarded and directly encouraged people to just go All out attack.

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

From my opinion (Have gotten Essex twice with wipes) I have noticed that at lower tiers that with the squad changes low tier USN planes are very strong at achieving air dominance. However from around tier 7 onwards the planes effectiveness in battle is reduced due to faster and stronger bombers and the amount of squads USN get of fighters is disappointing. Not sure about the midway but in my lady lex and lord essex i used to always get overwhelmed by IJN carriers. I am now trying the IJN carrier line and i'm like HOLY COW! I am constantly able to get top team xp from damage and kills. Shooting down planes is un-rewarding and in a way boring.

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

When Reach Tier 9 US CV with Bomber loadout:

"Alright, WHO WANT SOME??!?!?"

doesn't work, been there, tried that, sunk early. IJN has a much higher chance of sinking you with more torp bombers. Plus if your versing the new tier X IJN carrier with the 4 fighter load out GG :P
Edited by Black_Pantheras

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

When Reach Tier 9 US CV with Bomber loadout:

"Alright, WHO WANT SOME??!?!?"

More like "ITS YOUR TURN BXXXXES!"

@0:28

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

doesn't work, been there, tried that, sunk early. IJN has a much higher chance of sinking you with more top bombers. Plus if your versing the new tier X IJN carrier with the 4 fighter load out GG :P

B-B-But...

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

oh not to mention IJN CV with air superiority perk.......... 

So, USN will stick with their Shitty job Sweeping the sky with shitty reward

While IJN CV will pound every single Lone ship in the battle

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

So, USN will stick with their Shitty job Sweeping the sky with shitty reward

While IJN CV will pound every single Lone ship in the battle

lone ship? I have just dumped my torps into a bunch of enemies and laughed as they panicked and collided with each other. Gotten double strike a few times :)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

lone ship? I have just dumped my torps into a bunch of enemies and laughed as they panicked and collided with each other. Gotten double strike a few times :)

lol, yeah sometimes it happens

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

Not bad...?

Top Ships

V Zuiho

46 destroyed

PJSA006_URhJVxg.png

IV Hosho

16 destroyed

PJSA002_yk2n7SL.png

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Not bad...?

Top Ships

Easier to read

Edited by Harpoon01

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

Here a same tier US CV

hejFknU.png

Ahh but my MAX xp would be much higher if we'd won. See my max damage compared to yours? the xp doesn't add up. :P IJN>USN

post-2003324122-0-59598100-1436164884.jp

Edited by Black_Pantheras

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

USN CV vs IJN CV at tier 9-10 is unbalanced. the plane setup of the IJN CV is plain OP and US can't keep up. with that amount of bomber HP vs low ammo on USN figther, US CV will tend to get overwhelmed by IJNs sheer number of squadrons, their bomber's fast cruisin' speed, high survivability and better servicing time. IJN can also pick that air superiority setup while retaining their torpedo bombers, which is absolutely unfair for USN's air superiority setup which removes their torpedo bombers.

This is why I stopped playing 50k exp away from midway. midway and essex is just outmatched by their counterpart by a mile.

Edited by Deicide

Sign in to follow this