You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jeheil

Elite Status

17 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
5 posts
1,042 battles

When a ship goes Elite (I think thats the term), as in you have all the modules and bought the next ship (at least with exp points, if not $$) what benefits does it bring.

In WOT you can direct EXP earned to crew.

In Wows I haven't found a doohickey that directs XP to either free XP or Captain training. Does anybody know ?

My 'elite' St Louis (which I use to division up with my son, while I solo my T5+s) seems to be still earning ship XP ?

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Elite or not, your battle experiences goes directly to your ship and at same time, commander.

Assuming you earned 3000 exp., that same amount goes directly to your ship and your commander's retraining & learning.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Currently the "accelerated crew training" option is unavailable, so for now they serve little purpose unless you have the money to convert them.

Maybe in the future they'll add such function, we don't know when though.

The purpose they serve is that, sitting there as glimmering free XP, they will entice people into buying gold & converting it.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Can I use my Russian Captain turn in to USN ship?

No, just like tanks, you can only put crew in vehicles of their own nationality.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Can I use my Russian Captain turn in to USN ship?

Nope - nation specific CO's.  But at least this time you can cross class with them.  I.E. a DD CO can be retrained without penalty for BB etc.  

(great in Prems as you can throw any CO of that nation in a prem and train without penalty!)

25 posts
1,923 battles

Nope - nation specific CO's.  But at least this time you can cross class with them.  I.E. a DD CO can be retrained without penalty for BB etc.  

(great in Prems as you can throw any CO of that nation in a prem and train without penalty!)

Would  you explain to me about train without penalty?

What kind of penalty and how to move captain to other ship.

For example I bought Atago I have captain in other IJN ship, Can i move captain to Atago?

Thank you

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Would  you explain to me about train without penalty?

What kind of penalty and how to move captain to other ship.

For example I bought Atago I have captain in other IJN ship, Can i move captain to Atago?

Thank you

exactly that.

You can use your premium ships to train captains (of the same nation) for your other ships.

Beta Tester
62 posts
772 battles

What benefit from use premium ship to train captains? exp grows faster?

Not really.

Funny is, if your Captain progresses to the next ship, yes you have to retrain, however he is so "stupid" that he still forgot the previous one to handle. :teethhappy:

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

CO XP does.  It also helps speed up the retraining when you move them on to the next ship.

167 posts
776 battles

Not sure about the EXP grows faster but once you're at high tier e.g tier 8-10, the battle will be hard and the cost to repair ship will be high as well. 

The reason I use premium ships due to it's credit multiplier. 

Regards,

L.S

1 post
742 battles

When your CO is retraining, they have reduced skills on the ship they're retraining for, and some skills don't work at all. They can still use their skills on premium ships, though, so in some situations it might be better to finish their retraining on the premium ship.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

The current advantage to having premium ships, is to train your commander faster.. I.E. Daily double on the ship he belongs to. Daily double on all the premium ships of the same nationality. 

I.E. My favoured IJN commander gets his daily double on his normal ship, then on the Iwaki Alpha, and another one on the Yubari.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

The current advantage to having premium ships, is to train your commander faster.. I.E. Daily double on the ship he belongs to. Daily double on all the premium ships of the same nationality. 

I.E. My favoured IJN commander gets his daily double on his normal ship, then on the Iwaki Alpha, and another one on the Yubari.

It's a daily 1.5x, not a double (2x) like in WoT. 

I hope we go to a double when the server goes live. Until then, premium ships are only good for, like LS says, farming credits.

I would think that having a double and being able to convert the free XP to training would be a big incentive (Hint, hint WG $$$$$$$) for players to buy premium ships.

Edited by Krieg