Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Surv1v0r

Permanent Range Increase/Scout Plane Exploit [Potentially Severe]

6 comments in this topic

6 posts
2,395 battles

Since the CBT forum is being reworked I might as well post here. If you're a moderator or forum staff, please move this to the CBT's Bug Report section after it gets reworked ASAP and fix this.

To cut straight to the point:

Battleships get a permanent 20% range increase from scout plane abilities while in battle if the scout plane is shot down and/or destroyed, which can carry onto other matches if the ability is never activated again. - TESTED ON MYOGI ONLY SO FAR.

I'm not sure when my scout plane was destroyed, or if this glitch can be recreated on other Battleships with the same ability. It randomly happened in battle, where I was still in the midst of shelling another battleship at long range. As you know scout planes increase main battery range by 20%, this increased my gun's range from 15km to 18km and it stayed that way even after my plane was shot down, leaving the ability to stay active indefinitely. The glitch CAN carry onto other matches if the ability is never activated again.

Here are a few screenshots:

Main Battery's Normal Firing Range with Upgraded Fire Control System:

34ht6pt.png

Main Battery's Firing Range in-game with Scout Plane ability not active:

2zqwgu9.png

Another in-game screenshot (2nd match after glitch occurence):

afilw4.png

Notice the range change. It's permanent. (Sorry for the "outburst" you can see in the chat.)

Also, yes. I logged out and back in between playing the two battles to test if it would go away and it didn't.

I ask any Wargaming staff to look into this immediately.

Edited by Surv1v0r

Super Tester
1,779 posts
323 battles

Don't use the Red color as it is reserved for mods..

also provide a replay for this.. and can you also recreate the same problem on the next match?

Edited by ragster

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

It's not a bug, the additional firing range comes from upgrading the ship's hull.

To be precise it comes from upgrading to the 3rd hull.

u2M4uzR.jpg

Edited by Retia

6 posts
2,395 battles

But how does upgrading ship hull contribute to more firing range? It only modifies turrets/AA mounts and ship HP. It makes no sense.

It's strange because I've had the third hull for quite some time and it's always been at 15km.

Edited by Surv1v0r

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

BB hull upgrades are a special case now. For certain BBs, upgrading the hull also upgrades the gun's attributes. None of the battleships have gun upgrades now, as it's upgraded (where applicable) along with the hull.

6 posts
2,395 battles

Ah, alright. Sorry about that. At first I thought it was a bug because in the middle of shelling I heard my scout plane got shot down but my gun range didn't change (I had ALT pressed the whole time).

Sign in to follow this