Suggestions And Comments To Nations' Play Styles

22 comments in this topic

10 posts
1 battles

Greetings I'm a newcomer here and I'm still downloading WoWS

I'm so excited for it :)

Damn internet

Anyway I'd like to know the play styles of each nation

Of course each class has already a given play style but I still think it differs from each nation
I'd like to know which specializes on the frontlines (initially going for Yamato IJN biased)

On the flanking, maneuverability, surprises, firepower etc.

Thanks for your time :honoring:

Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Additionally is there an alternative way to install the game other than the client downloader?

Edited by NeoSkyler

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Oh boy...

Destroyers: Sneaky killers.

- Japanese: Sneaky Ninja who snuck around torpedo-ing people without them noticing. Ofcourse it only works on people who sail on a straight line or don't pay attention at all. It gets more tricky later on to land decent hits.

- USA: Counter-ninja, who also excels at sneak attack. Unfortunately, you have to get to suicidal combat range if you want to take on bigger ships, which usually results in your own death. Not recommended for beginners.

Cruisers: The Jack of all trades.

- Japanese: Their guns are decent, all of them carry nasty torpedo which poses a threat to any target if they gets close enough. Unfortunately they can't take a beating at all.

- USA: The real "Jack" who excels at mid-range gunfire, really good at killing anything that's not Battleship. Their Anti-aircraft capability is one of the best in-game, able to defend themselves and nearby allies. Ofcourse that anti-aircraft capability only starts at tier6 though.

Battleship: The derp Tankers with a blunt hammer.

- Japanese: They excel at speed and gun range compare to their USA counterparts, but they are less durable. Their guns are usually so-so. The Yamato is an exception, she feels more "American" than "Japanese" :hiding:.

- USA: Some of them are slow, REALLY SLOW (up to tier7). Their main guns are basically Shotguns (powerful but inaccurate at range). Their survivalbility is one of the best in-game, but shot at them enough time they'll still went down anyway. They have good Anti-aircraft capability, but only later on. Tier8+ US Battleships are among the best in-game, they are also quite fast and versatile in contrast to their older sisters.

Carriers: The Sky Canc...I mean Conquerors :hiding:

- Japanese: They have really powerful strike capability, powerful enough to make Battleship captains cry with a well-planned attack wave. Unfortunately if they runs into an enemy USA Carrier, their power diminishes greatly.

- USA: Albeit lacking the hitting power of their Japanese counterpart, these US Carriers can deliver freedom to your air space, clearing the sky of enemy planes. They are second to none when it comes to shooting down aircraft, but unfortunately that doesn't always work as planned...

Take note that the above don't apply to all ships of specific class or nation, there are some exceptions to the rule. But generally, those rules apply to tier6 ships and above. Anything below that.

Judging from your comment, I recommend taking US Battleship line. HOWEVER, be warned that only until tier8 would you get good ships :hiding:

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

10 posts
1 battles

Oh boy...

Destroyers: Sneaky killers.

- Japanese: Sneaky Ninja who snuck around torpedo-ing people without them noticing. Ofcourse it only works on people who sail on a straight line or don't pay attention at all. It gets more tricky later on to land decent hits.

- USA: Counter-ninja, who also excels at sneak attack. Unfortunately, you have to get to suicidal combat range if you want to take on bigger ships, which usually results in your own death. Not recommended for beginners.

Cruisers: The Jack of all trades.

- Japanese: Their guns are decent, all of them carry nasty torpedo which poses a threat to any target if they gets close enough. Unfortunately they can't take a beating at all.

- USA: The real "Jack" who excels at mid-range gunfire, really good at killing anything that's not Battleship. Their Anti-aircraft capability is one of the best in-game, able to defend themselves and nearby allies. Ofcourse that anti-aircraft capability only starts at tier6 though.

Battleship: The derp Tankers with a blunt hammer.

- Japanese: They excel at speed and gun range compare to their USA counterparts, but they are less durable. Their guns are usually so-so. The Yamato is an exception, she feels more "American" than "Japanese" :hiding:.

- USA: Some of them are slow, REALLY SLOW (up to tier7). Their main guns are basically Shotguns (powerful but inaccurate at range). Their survivalbility is one of the best in-game, but shot at them enough time they'll still went down anyway. They have good Anti-aircraft capability, but only later on. Tier8+ US Battleships are among the best in-game, they are also quite fast and versatile in contrast to their older sisters.

Carriers: The Sky Canc...I mean Conquerors :hiding:

- Japanese: They have really powerful strike capability, powerful enough to make Battleship captains cry with a well-planned attack wave. Unfortunately if they runs into an enemy USA Carrier, their power diminishes greatly.

- USA: Albeit lacking the hitting power of their Japanese counterpart, these US Carriers can deliver freedom to your air space, clearing the sky of enemy planes. They are second to none when it comes to shooting down aircraft, but unfortunately that doesn't always work as planned...

Take note that the above don't apply to all ships of specific class or nation, there are some exceptions to the rule. But generally, those rules apply to tier6 ships and above. Anything below that.

Judging from your comment, I recommend taking US Battleship line. HOWEVER, be warned that only until tier8 would you get good ships :hiding:

Wow that was a really long reply

And helpful of course

Thanks then :honoring:

Good American BS up to T8 only? I heard Montana is good

But I'm the type who prefers T10 ships :)

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I will Personally give you some so-called "Strong" ship in lower to mid tier :)

- Minekaze, Tier 5 IJN DD (Get this No matter what)

- Clemson, Tier 4 USN DD

- Wyoming, Tier 4 BB

- Fuso , Tier 6 BB

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Destroyer: Only for Experienced player

Fragile Speedster, Hard to detect, Powerful Torpedoes, Specialized to kill capital ships,Very Agile, VERY low Chance to Hit with Torpedoes, The Target change it course or speed, your Whole Torpedoes will miss

"It's like a Sniper rifle, If it hit it's a kill, If it Miss....... DON'T MISS"

Cruiser: Average Player

Great Rate of Fire, Jack of all trades and stats, Medium Firepower, Destroyer Arch Enemy, Solid AA Defense with AA and Seaplane Fighter, MOST ANNOYING WHEN KEEP HITTING WITH HE SHELLS

"Jack-of-all-trades, Master of None, 
Often better than a Master of one."

Carrier: RTS Player is Recommended

Death From Above, "Rock falls, everyone Dies" , When the aircraft carrier was invented, its sheer awesome (and force projection) made the battleship a military relic

"Hit hard, hit fast, hit often!"

10 posts
1 battles

I will Personally give you some so-called "Strong" ship in lower to mid tier :)

- Minekaze, Tier 5 IJN DD (Get this No matter what)

- Clemson, Tier 4 USN DD

- Wyoming, Tier 4 BB

- Fuso , Tier 6 BB

Alright thanks for this info :)

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Wow that was a really long reply

And helpful of course

Thanks then :honoring:

I think I wrote my post wrongly there. What I meant was that only tier8 and above US Battleships are good, tier3-7 are not very good, some of them are pretty bad :hiding:

10 posts
1 battles

Destroyer: Only for Experienced player

Fragile Speedster, Hard to detect, Powerful Torpedoes, Specialized to kill capital ships,Very Agile, VERY low Chance to Hit with Torpedoes, The Target change it course or speed, your Whole Torpedoes will miss

"It's like a Sniper rifle, If it hit it's a kill, If it Miss....... DON'T MISS"

Cruiser: Average Player

Great Rate of Fire, Jack of all trades and stats, Medium Firepower, Destroyer Arch Enemy, Solid AA Defense with AA and Seaplane Fighter, MOST ANNOYING WHEN KEEP HITTING WITH HE SHELLS

"Jack-of-all-trades, Master of None, 
Often better than a Master of one."

Carrier: RTS Player is Recommended

Death From Above, "Rock falls, everyone Dies" , When the aircraft carrier was invented, its sheer awesome (and force projection) made the battleship a military relic

"Hit hard, hit fast, hit often!"

Arigatou

I think I'll consider Cruisers to see their multiple roles

Btw what's RTS? 

10 posts
1 battles

I think I wrote my post wrongly there. What I meant was that only tier8 and above US Battleships are good, tier3-7 are not very good, some of them are pretty bad :hiding:

:great:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Arigatou

I think I'll consider Cruisers to see their multiple roles

Btw what's RTS? 

"Real Time strategy" which require long management

such as Warcraft, Command & Conquer, starcraft,and many more (Basically you Control Multiply things/Unit in a same time)

Edited by Harpoon01

10 posts
1 battles

"Real Time strategy" which require long management

such as Warcraft, Command & Conquer, starcraft,and many more (Basically you Control Multiply things/Unit in a same time)

Yes it seems

I saw it on the client downloader

Carriers are somehow the most difficult things to run here

Lots of controls

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Yes it seems

I saw it on the client downloader

Carriers are somehow the most difficult things to run here

Lots of controls

But hell....

Those player are actually a HUGE threat to Battleships

See those "CV OP, Please Nerf" things?

10 posts
1 battles

But hell....

Those player are actually a HUGE threat to Battleships

See those "CV OP, Please Nerf" things?

I don't know what's CV

But I read a rant thread saying that Carriers are much more dirtier than arties

Well a squadron of planes, unlike destroyers or cruisers, can deploy torpedoes directly at your side near you at 90°, which then cuts off more than half of your health, I think? 

Edited by NeoSkyler

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I don't know what's CV

But I read a rant thread saying that Carriers are much more dirtier than arties

Well a squadron of planes, unlike destroyers or cruisers, can deploy torpedoes directly at your side near you at 90°, which then cuts off more than half of your health, I think? 

The thing I worried is happening.....

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

And you're worried about what exactly...? :unsure:

CV is imbalanced in low tiers, but does it mean the whole line is? 

I don't want your current experience in low tiers to affect your impression on CV. Believe me, it will get better at higher tiers.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

And you're worried about what exactly...? :unsure:

Basically, there is no way you can Survive an attack from a CV without Serious damage or sunk (Particularry BB)

10 posts
1 battles

CV is imbalanced in low tiers, but does it mean the whole line is? 

I don't want your current experience in low tiers to affect your impression on CV. Believe me, it will get better at higher tiers.

I'll try out all classes

And I'll make my impressions on it :)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I'll try out all classes

And I'll make my impressions on it :)

Make sure you play all up to tier 6, (where many shits happen)

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

Make sure you play all up to tier 6, (where many shits happen)

Lol, T6 USN CL is  a Mini Flamethrower, Cleveland

But after that cleveland, shit starts till u get Balti

Edited by Conkhead_12

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Lol, T6 USN CL is  a Mini Flamethrower, Cleveland

But after that cleveland, shit starts till u get Balti

Not as **** as IJN CA line, which sux from tier4 until you get to tier7 :hiding:

Pepsicola and Norleans are not bad though.

25 posts
15 battles

Can't wait for the English and german ships, considering they took part in the whole war...

not half of it    :izmena:

Sign in to follow this