You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
REAPER_r32

Enemy ships disappearing/Going invisible

8 comments in this topic

5 posts
158 battles

G'day 

The game is awesome love it good job,The only problem I have encountered so far is that quite regularly enemy ships will become invisible when I aim at them and even when I'm in third person view (zoomed out looking at my ship),The last time it happened there was one enemy destroyer left and myself and a team mate.My team mate went to cap the last point and I hunted the destroyer he was close to me launching torpedoes but I could not see him my team mate didn't reach the cap in time and our team lost all because the enemy was invisible.

1: Is this a known problem?

2:Is this just happening to me or others to?

3:What can I do to fix it?

Thanks guys :)

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

You have something called: Detected Range in WoWs. You play WoT? The guy will disappear once he is un-spotted.

Unlike in WoT ships have ragne where they will be spotted - in this case a Destroyer which tend to have Excellent Camo Rating. You probably cannot catch him except in another DD or a Plane. Thats why he so-to-say "Disappeared".

Edited by Alvin1020

5 posts
158 battles

Thanks for the reply.

Should/Does this still happen even when I'm aiming right at them or if I can see them in third person 5 or 6km away?

sorry to be a nuisance lol, I'm sure this has all probably been asked before.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

It's just depends on his spotting range. It's the Last Column of the stats of your ships in the Garage. Also I think there're guides to this in the Newcomers Section, so feel free to have a look.

Edited by Alvin1020

167 posts
776 battles

Thanks for the reply.

Should/Does this still happen even when I'm aiming right at them or if I can see them in third person 5 or 6km away?

sorry to be a nuisance lol, I'm sure this has all probably been asked before.

If it a DD then is possible since they have a better camouflage and at tier 6 or higher, they're able to purchase the upgrade : concealment, minus 10% from being spotted.

Regards,

L.S