You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
pro_tanker400

FURUTAKA NEEDS FIXING

What is the Furutaka like?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. How are the weapons?

• weak/turn slow
    • usable, but pain to use
    • good
    • excellent (I highly doubt that)
  2. 2. How effective is the Furutaka?

• Punching bag
    • useless
    • bad
    • good
    • Excellent (again I highly doubt that)

41 comments in this topic

1 post
279 battles

Ok. As I am aware, many people hate the Furutaka, tier V Japanese "heavy cruiser".

I am aware how bad this ship is, my first game and I already know the grind will be like the M3 Lee in WoT. The turrets have a very slow turn rate (BB turn rates, as I am aware, with the expert gunner skill). and the guns have a slow reload, and TERRIBLE TERRIBLE range. My Kuma, that fired more than twice as fast, turned twice as fast, and had the SAME range, if not even better.

Developers, please consider adding a final upgrade for the Furutaka with twin turrets. And maybe find a way to balance it out with the US cruisers, because as far as I am concerned, the Furutaka is a punching bag for the Omaha, even the Phoenix. the guns are bad, it turns like a battleship, armed like a destroyer (minus the torpedoes), armoured like a carrier. Please, fix!

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

8 Inch gun, mate. USN Cruiser get 8 inch gun first at Tier 7. Omaha is so lightly armored that you need 2 or 3 Citadel to cripple one. You also get better Torpedoes.

Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

my first game and I already know the grind will be like the M3 Lee in WoT.

So it will be an awesome time, since the Lee is a great hybrid tank between mediums and tank destroyers?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Heh, one of my best ever matches in WoT was in the Lee.

Furutaka's a bit of a pain, but those 20.3s at tier 5 are lovely. Just gotta get used to it.

Developers, please consider adding a final upgrade for the Furutaka with twin turrets. And maybe find a way to balance it out with the US cruisers, because as far as I am concerned, the Furutaka is a punching bag for the Omaha, even the Phoenix. the guns are bad, it turns like a battleship, armed like a destroyer (minus the torpedoes), armoured like a carrier. Please, fix

They already have a final upgrade with twin turrets. It's called the Aoba.

Edited by Syanda

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Heh, one of my best ever matches in WoT was in the Lee. 

So it will be an awesome time, since the Lee is a great hybrid tank between mediums and tank destroyers?

People like the Lee a lot lol. It's not a good tank in truth, but it works and not AMX40 level bad - Hell my first and only Kolobanovs Medal is in it, funny enough after all these years :D

Guess so is the Furutaka~

Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

People like the Lee a lot lol. It's not a good tank in truth

Irl or ingame?

Irl it did it's job until it was outdated by all the everything, and even then it was not the worst tank on the battlefield. (That honour goes to the italian light/medium tanks)

In-game we have a medium tank with one of the best guns on it's tier combined with a fixed mount in the hull rather than a turret mount.

It's hitpoints are good, too, and it's armor is good enough to bounce most tier III guns and some tier IV/V guns.

The Lee works great in-game unless you're being "that" guy.

(Not naming&shaming since it's not the SEA server :P)

JpiFFaS.png

but it works and not AMX40 level bad

While I don't like the AMX40 it's not a bad tank, either, it has a decent gun with great armor.

Personally I just prefer the B1, which has a worse gun, but far better mobility, plus it's armor depends more on actively bouncing shells rather

than sitting their utilising one's silly armor patterns.

Same as with the ARL V39 or Churchill GC, they're great support tanks, I had some great battles with them, but I just don't like their playstyle.

29 posts
850 battles

Many IJN CA players find themselves caught in steep learning curve of Furutaka.

I highly recommend capt with aiming expert and main battery modification 2 to make her turrets turn a lot more faster (only 32 sec or so)

Try to grind for her 2 model and 203mm guns as fast as possible to decrease her reloading time and rudder shift time.

FCS for 13km firing range is also good. However, if you prefer mobility and adaptability, what I mentioned above is better.

She is not a bad ship, she just different and a harsh teacher. 

Once you get used to her and got Aoba, you will realise that she was preparing you for the rest of IJN CA.

Edited by Menrva_Scarlet

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Irl or ingame?

Irl it did it's job until it was outdated by all the everything, and even then it was not the worst tank on the battlefield. (That honour goes to the italian light/medium tanks)

In-game we have a medium tank with one of the best guns on it's tier combined with a fixed mount in the hull rather than a turret mount.

It's hitpoints are good, too, and it's armor is good enough to bounce most tier III guns and some tier IV/V guns.

While I don't like the AMX40 it's not a bad tank, either, it has a decent gun with great armor.

Personally I just prefer the B1, which has a worse gun, but far better mobility, plus it's armor depends more on actively bouncing shells rather

than sitting their utilising one's silly armor patterns.

Same as with the ARL V39 or Churchill GC, they're great support tanks, I had some great battles with them, but I just don't like their playstyle.

IRL? I thought it did pretty okay in Africa.

In-Game it's a okay tank as well. It's just not very nooby friendly. Guess why many say it's bad is because Jingles Suck in it.

How can you "like" the Low Tier French though :ohmy: Terrible tanks until the 1390 and the 50 100. Personally I didn't even bother going down the line - too painful until the autoloaders.

B1 is alright but the gun is just...... I prefer the B2 - Premium-Premium Matchmaking is really nice.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

In-Game it's a okay tank as well. It's just not very nooby friendly. Guess why many say it's bad is because Jingles Suck in it.

Agreed, it's not a newbie* friendly tank, but once the player has grasped the idea of a hybrid med/td it usually works well.

How can you "like" the Low Tier French though 

The really low tier ones have ridiculous armor, while still being capable of penetrating any other tank of their tier.

Although they require shooting weakspots for stuff like the Pzkpfw 38(t).

Best examples are the D2 and AMX 38.

They suffer much more against tier V tanks, that much is true, but with a bit of map knowledge and situational awareness

one can still get into their flank/rear and deal considerable damage.

(Then again this comes from someone who flanks people with his Maus if they allow him to... so....)

And past tier IV you get great tanks one way or another.

S35 CA is a glass cannon similiar to the Waffenträger.

BDR is a well armored, well armed heavy tank with good speed.

ELC is a very nice scout/tank hunter.

I haven't played the G1 yet, but it looks to be fairly good, too.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Many IJN CA players find themselves caught in steep learning curve of Furutaka.

I highly recommend capt with aiming expert and main battery modification 2 to make her turrets turn a lot more faster (only 32 sec or so)

But that modification reduces RoF mate...I think spitting out damage is quite important since this ship has more of a support role in the game so turret traverse isn't that big of a priority.

Also this ship is better than the Kuma in that it doesn't have a GIANT Citadel

29 posts
850 battles

But that modification reduces RoF mate...I think spitting out damage is quite important since this ship has more of a support role in the game so turret traverse isn't that big of a priority.

Also this ship is better than the Kuma in that it doesn't have a GIANT Citadel

I prefer turn rate over RoF because 16 sec in reloading is acceptable and allow me to steer and aim effectively.

Edited by Menrva_Scarlet

Alpha Tester
76 posts

How can you "like" the Low Tier French though :ohmy: Terrible tanks until the 1390 and the 50 100. Personally I didn't even bother going down the line - too painful until the autoloaders.

B1 is alright but the gun is just...... I prefer the B2 - Premium-Premium Matchmaking is really nice.

i think french  tank is enjoyable after tier 5 i'm okay with ARL 44 also AMX M4 since it's has good gun as compensate but the really really terrible one is ARL V39 honestly  this tank is almost unplayable for me but it's get better and better after get  Mle46 but mle 48 is still terrible but it's unlike V39 level for horrible but 

once i get foch it's revenge time!!!!

but low tier french SPG is a lot of fun especially AMX 105  with APCR shell !!!! XD

Edited by reinforcezwei

3 posts
112 battles

First comment on the WoWs forums and its the Furutaka that im currently gonna talk to. I only have the 2 model range increase currently in the ship so i am not in a position to judge this ship fully but MAN its very painful to grind it reminds me of the Wot grind in a stock Tiger I (ahhh Tank days). It turns like a brick but that is solved by the first hull upgrade. Fire rate stock its a bit dissapointing with 2.7 rounds but that is also solved by upgrading it to the 203mm and by having Main Battery Modification 2. AA well safe to say most tier 5's and below have abysmal AA. The real problem is the turret traverse: 45 seconds. R U kidding me Wargaming!? Even the Kawachi (which has twin-turreted 12-inch guns) has a faster turret turn rate. Buffing the turn rate should make this ship less painful to play IMO. :child:

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

Well.... Welcome to the IJN CA line

Turns like a brick

Gun turns like a BB

GIANT floating citadel

And it goes ALL the way up to Senjou

I've already prepared for this. Have you?

Edited by Makise_Kuristina

2 posts
139 battles

Bah,for HT line it is acceptable after you got ARL44,

for LT line the fun begins at amx40,ELC&amx12t are great tanks for the lulz and WN8 pad,13 75 is so-so,yup

Well...

On topic:stock Furutaka =stock T-44,20sec reload with 200mm that is as good as ordinary 152mm gun = pain in the [insert random insult here]

Get that 203mm fast b4 you rage quit this game lel

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I'm just bothered with her Turret turn time, that's all...

(Must getting used to it after use Kuma too much)

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
1,677 posts

a question though: wouldn't the final config of Furutaka (was it at 1941 where she looked very similar to Aoba?) be a nerfed Aoba for that matter if we speak of gameplay?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

my huge problem is its really slow reload rate. guns turning speed has solution but reload speed don't, any ship other CA can out dmp her. citadel hits are very rng and no matter how well aim your shot are if rngeesus don't give you citadel penetration you will not get it.

like i said before its i find it hilarious see a dual gun turret 203mm guns to way better reload speed (e.g myouko 5 rounds/minutes) than a single cannon turret of furutaka.

don't forget her almost nonexistent AA. bad AA+slow turning speed = ideal cv target. i lost count on how many furutaka i sunk during cbt with torpedo bomber.

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,453 battles

The furutaka is a challenging beast, but its not the ships thats the problem, its the player. Try adjusting Ur playing style to suit the ship, not expecting the ship to conform to Ur playing style.

U need to ensure Ur u dont get into an open water battle where Ur outnumbered, cause u will die rapidly. U need Island cover while u wait for Ur guns to reload, and use ambush tactics with those 6km torps. The furutaka can be a weapon against other ca's if u use ap and get cit hits. High number of rounds per salvo and 4700 damage per cit, u can wreck another ca pretty quickly.  

The ultimate buff/op in this game is player skill and situational awareness.

Edited by Addos

Alpha Tester
982 posts

The ultimate buff/op in this game is player skill and situational awareness.

As it is with almost every ship :honoring:

Beta Tester
31 posts
1,502 battles

I think its great..

Load AP, aim for citadels, and kill those tier 4 and 5 cruisers in two salvos. reload is long, but the damage makes up for it. Torpedos are nice but I dont really use them.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

As i understand it Furutaka is basically a Myoko, its fine. You do not play a japanese CA like you do an American CA. 

Watch some guides or ask for tips from people who are knowledgeable when it comes to the class and you will do much better in it is all i can say, honestly i find the best way to become better is to watch your own replays and be your own hardest critique, learn from your mistakes and what not. 

From what i have heard from most of the people who own the ship the main problems are when it is stock. 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
7 posts
537 battles

It seems to have almost no redeeming features.

It almost invariably outgunned by the lower tier ships of all nations.

Guns take forever to turn

Very low salvo firepower

Long reload time

Pitiful armour

The only takeaway I can see in it is that Wargaming has it in as a goad to encourage players to use Gold to convert free XP to level past it.

It can be used to effect, however it requires a lot of hiding behind teammates and careful maneuvering. Basically, gameplay that would have any other ship with a far superior result.

Alpha Tester
76 posts

Quite simply the worst boat I have tried in this game.  Should be scuttled.

she's not that worse and she's not easy to play at all ,you just need some time to get use to on her , my worst of all is Myogi she should get replace by  Kawachi or even Mikasa 
Edited by reinforcezwei