Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Human3749

Diagonal tech tree lines

6 comments in this topic

2 posts
68 battles

After feeling really depressed from matches like this

bfmoPYX.jpgDyQ6Y9h.jpg4qAA17V.jpg

I realised that I really didn't like the slow movement and rate of fire that battleships had and as I just wanted to play carriers and I was finding the battleships tedious I began wondering why there were no diagonal lines. On top of carriers being the most expensive class to rescearch to get to them you have to go: Tier 1 cruiser->Tier 2 cruiser->Tier 3 cruiser-> Tier 3 battleship->Tier 4 battleship-> Tier 4 carrier. If the carriers cant go lower tiers why cant it just be Tier 1 cruiser->Tier 2 cruiser->Tier 3 battleship->Tier 4 carrier. How come there are diagonal lines from pictures of earlier tech trees but only horizontal and vertical lines now?

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,859 posts
4,140 battles

It doesn't happen in wot either.  

1. The business model maximises WG's return as people use doubloons/premium accounts etcto progress. Players have to strata new line to move up. There are very few cross over points for tanks as well.

2.  Can you imagine a Tier 9 carrier expert changing lines into a DD or any other class without understanding the qualities of each class and then becoming a burden to the team 

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I think the problem here is WG wants to extend player grind time as much as possible.

Because of the game's lower content release rate (ships take much longer to model), and the game just went to mass public, so the extended grind will buy WG more time to continue release new content while balancing stuffs before players unlock everything.

Imagine what would you do afterward if you unlocked everything? :hiding:

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I agree with that Diagonal Tech Tree may not be a good idea, but OP got a point on the "Slow-Pace" Game.

I know it's Warships, but after 1 or 2 hours you just feel super bored because really WG only do PvP and the game is lacking some variety.

Tanks worked because it's much "Faster" - Not FPS style Fast, but still fast enough for one to not get bored in just a couple of hours.

Ships need a PROPER PvE mode. Now. I want to kick IJN CV's ____ in Midway. PvE Potential here for Ships is much larger than tanks or planes.

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
76 posts

I agree with that Diagonal Tech Tree may not be a good idea, but OP got a point on the "Slow-Pace" Game.

I know it's Warships, but after 1 or 2 hours you just feel super bored because really WG only do PvP and the game is lacking some variety.

Tanks worked because it's much "Faster" - Not FPS style Fast, but still fast enough for one to not get bored in just a couple of hours.

Ships need a PROPER PvE mode. Now. I want to kick IJN CV's ____ in Midway. PvE Potential here for Ships is much larger than tanks or planes.

i think the upgrade in some ship  is not worth for grinding too i mean it cost so much exp but return with minor stat upgrade   but i think what i need more than the hull upgrade is  THE main gun upgrade just like close beta state  it would be adding something worth of grinding

2 posts
68 battles

1. The business model maximises WG's return as people use doubloons/premium accounts etcto progress. Players have to strata new line to move up. There are very few cross over points for tanks as well.

2.  Can you imagine a Tier 9 carrier expert changing lines into a DD or any other class without understanding the qualities of each class and then becoming a burden to the team 

I'm not sure if i explained it well enough, what I meant was a tech tree like this

OCfmSbP.jpg

I don't mean that if you were tier 9 in one thing, you should be tier 9 in everything, then progression would be way to fast to "finish" the game but to counterbalance that it would take too long to tier up and you would get bored of your current ship/tank/plane/whatever. I just meant that people who want to drive one class shouldn't be made to play a class they absolutely despise (I want to play carriers but I cant stand playing battleships)'. This also makes no sense as cruiser drivers only have to play the class they want, destroyers and battleships have to play the class that they want and the crossover is tier 2/ a really good tier 3. Carriers are more expensive than both, crossover at tier 4 and have to play two COMPLETELY different classes before they finally get to play the reason they downloaded the game. I just thought that if they didn't have to play the same tier in 4 different ships (twice at tier 3, twice at tier 4) you could at least get to the class you wanted sooner. I am dreading having to play the tier 4 battleships and I just cant summon the will to get to tier 4 because I absolutely hate playing battleships.'You can see them do it in earlier versions of the game.

ijn-ships-2.png[/spolier]

Why did they remove that?

Edit: Why did my spoilers fail?

Edited by Human3749

Sign in to follow this