You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
jiyeonlee

carriers are super op and dirtier than arti

34 comments in this topic

14 posts
3,820 battles

1 if more than 2group of torpedo bomber bomb same place cross or side it can't be avoidable even you are a cruiser

not like arty carrier can spot you and bomb you himself and least you get hit by one torpedo and its super powerful

2 enemy bomber come right above of me and my cruiser does absoultely no damage at enemy planes

important is enemy carrier is same tier as my cruiser and really no freakin damage with full upgraded aa guns

3 can't avoidable torpedo just fired under 1km distance front of me and it was very dirty

even while this dirty happening totally no damage or just 1plane down for payback

4 they can do all important things for no panelty

scout for no risk and can do massive damage conrtol is easier than other ships

unlike wot warships are much slower and one torpedo does same damage as 1arty shells

even firerate is not slower almost same as spgs each group and can bomb multiple times at once

i mean wot arty type have to be supporter in aos games not a ruler

its common sense

Beta Tester
72 posts
114 battles

1) Maybe pay attention to you surroundings such as checking plane icons and distances? You know, Situational Awareness?

2) Read point one. Also wait till you grind past tier 5. CVs will be crying at your AAs.

3) Again, read point one. Have you tried turning your bow/stern parallel to the bombers?

4) Please, pretty please with sugar on top read point one. I suggest you to watch some CV replays - it seems like you've no idea how they operate nor the "limitations" they have.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

I don't get hit by many Torps and hardly any bombers.  I don't stay zoomed in.  I scan the air and look for incoming air groups.  Slow and turn in or out of the torp spread.  Try to stay near another cruiser or battle ship to utilise the concentration of AA Fire, as well as Ctrl/left mouse button to target a specific group of planes.  I also try to use ship that can turn well and this can be done in a U.S. Battlesheep as well.

(If you're an IJN battleship driver who is quietly hoping your ship will sprout rocket engines and fly in space with a all girl crew then please disregard any of this and keep eating torps:trollface:)

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

As Ralph said, don't stay zoomed in. Situational awareness means that you are continually scanning the area around and above your ship to detect threats. You usually will be able to spot incoming torp bombers at between 6-8km. During that time, you should be conducting evasive maneuvers to avoid both incoming fire and to put off the TB's aim.

If your AA is not sufficient to deal with incoming planes, stay around ships with good AA and DON'T GO OUT ALONE!

A single ship out on its own, irrespective of good AA coverage, is more often than not CV Bait. 

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Like i said in previous threads about carriers. I don't think carriers are OP. It's just that matchmaking is horrible right now since it tends to pair one carrier against pack of battleships. This will cause a lot of grief in low tier matches when there aren't a lot of AA defense. The other reason is there are fewer USN carrier players than IJN, they are the natural counter to IJN carriers, and can absolutely dominate them (tears of IJN carrier players are delicious).

[ADM_L]
Beta Tester
279 posts
895 battles

I would like to add: AP shells OP!! HE shells OP!! Move so fast, Always hit!! Cannot dodge!!

... Why aren't people complaining more on normal shots?? Especially when you can see the planes coming from 'literal' miles away and has a lot more time to react to it?

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

because CV's are historically OP :v

in which BB or DD captain decided to strap tons and tons of AA guns just to fend off planes

for the meantime, just watch out for the plane icons popping and watch for their movement..

the only problem is MM, which can be drunk most of the time.. :sceptic:

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Hmm you just managed to squeeze yourself into tier 4 with only the cruiser ships, and with that game count.....

Also do not create multiple threads of the same topic, please do a search on the forums beforehand.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Anything below tier5 have problem dealing with Carriers. Later on (especially tier6 and above), things change though.

1- From my experience playing Carrier, a 1-sided torpedo strike could only hit a Cruiser if they don't maneuver correctly. Ofcourse if I do scissor drop, your chance of surviving isn't high though :hiding:

2- There should be distinctions for "Light" and "Heavy" Cruisers. Most Light Cruisers don't have sufficient to stop aircrafts, but Heavy Cruisers is completely different. Again, please pain grind through until you get to the Cleveland or the Myoko.

3- I can understand how cheating it is to drop torps so close, but you don't wait until the drop to maneuver. Turn, run away to make it hard for them to drop.

4- What's wrong with scouting though? Your team's carrier could do the same :hiding:

29 posts
825 battles

I'll just copy paste a post I made in another thread. Only it was about Torps.

Try saying that to my USN DDs or cruisers with pitiful Torp range.  IJNs are better in the torp department but even so it takes a massive amount of daring do just to get that right torp salvo. I myself am a BB player and I have eaten torps. It's all a matter of quick on the fly judgement and good ole sit awareness.

For one, NEVER show your broadside to a DD or a cruiser, that's just asking for a whole salvo that eats you up. Rather run away from em or show give them a thinner target. Also it's better to eat 1 torp than a whole so here's where quick on the fly judgement comes in, look at your HP and then see if you can take 1 or 2. As for torp bombers that's when sit awareness comes in. Like every zoggin git in WoT, they rarely use the ever helpful mini-map. Heck look up from your tunnel vision and you can see em pretty far up. You'll then get a good judgement of avoiding the area. I was in your spot before eating a whole salvo because of making stupid mistakes. Trust me little actions make a big difference in the game. If i screw up it's entirely my fault.

Additionally, never go solo, hilariously enough lemming it over here is a slightly more efficient tactic than in WoT. Granted there's still pubbie shenanigans but more ships equals more AA, Meatshields and if they're good enough more shooty.

TL;DR. Sit Awareness is key. Also that's another for WoWS bingo!

Edited by CommissarPraetor

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

1 if more than 2group of torpedo bomber bomb same place cross or side it can't be avoidable even you are a cruiser

not like arty carrier can spot you and bomb you himself and least you get hit by one torpedo and its super powerful

2 enemy bomber come right above of me and my cruiser does absoultely no damage at enemy planes

important is enemy carrier is same tier as my cruiser and really no freakin damage with full upgraded aa guns

3 can't avoidable torpedo just fired under 1km distance front of me and it was very dirty

even while this dirty happening totally no damage or just 1plane down for payback

4 they can do all important things for no panelty

scout for no risk and can do massive damage conrtol is easier than other ships

unlike wot warships are much slower and one torpedo does same damage as 1arty shells

even firerate is not slower almost same as spgs each group and can bomb multiple times at once

i mean wot arty type have to be supporter in aos games not a ruler

its common sense

waaaa waaaaa waaaaaaaaa , that all i hear

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Because I am bored with these posts I'd just copy my reply with these threads:

They Ain't Broken, It's just how WG caculate Reward and Lack of AA (Counter to Aeria Attacks) in Low Tiers.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Some ally CV wont even launch Fighters and come on BIPLANES WITH 4 TORPS!

Ever heard of how Bismarck is Sunk? What so special?

The One plane carrying 4 Torp is just because you didn't turn on the dynamic objects. You will see 4 Torp Planes then.

Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I would like to add: AP shells OP!! HE shells OP!! Move so fast, Always hit!! Cannot dodge!!

... Why aren't people complaining more on normal shots?? Especially when you can see the planes coming from 'literal' miles away and has a lot more time to react to it?

Hey hey hey, snarky sarcasm is my part.

16 posts
495 battles

Ever heard of how Bismarck is Sunk? What so special?

The One plane carrying 4 Torp is just because you didn't turn on the dynamic objects. You will see 4 Torp Planes then.

Even the Swordfish biplane carries 1 torpedo

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Even the Swordfish biplane carries 1 torpedo

Turn on "Dynamic Object" in the setting You will know what I mean.
Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

srnNRM4.gif

OQToQhJ.jpg

Salute to my CV partner...

2 mins in, one of their Mommy Hosho went swimming...

5 mins later, their other Mommy Hosho went swimming...

Nah... CVs aren't dirty. OP? Possibly especially when they completely wreck your team's CV and also their fighters doing YOLO CAG suppression.

Anyway, unlike arty, WG is kind enough to provide ample warning about the impending death cloud. You can see them almost across the minimap and even on the game screen itself.

I think the reason why we keep on getting the prophesised "CV is OP" threads is possibly due to this reason.

Now I'm not an expert CV player but playing it long enough in CBT, CV attacks can be classified into 2 types

Type A

Sudden massive attack

Now this one, we're ever so familiar with. One moment the sky is clear... The next moment, it's filled with drones of doom. Torpedoes churning the waters all around and just like it started, it ended.

Type B

Sustained wave attack

For Type B, it doesn't manifest that easily since it really take a great deal of coordination to ensure that there will always be planes over the attack area. More often than not, Type B CV attack shows itself from the middle of the game onwards. Where eventually, the different flight time, reload time and lingering time culminates to this.

Most of the time in random battles, we're subjected to Type A attacks and the sheer Zerg rush overwhelms what AA capabilities we have and gives us a sense of hopelessness. Hopelessness leads to fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate, leads to suffering.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

This again?

Time to grab my popcorn and see how this unfolds

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Everyones got to learn and start from somewhere right?

But back to business 

Like i said in previous threads about carriers. I don't think carriers are OP. It's just that matchmaking is horrible right now since it tends to pair one carrier against pack of battleships. This will cause a lot of grief in low tier matches when there aren't a lot of AA defense. The other reason is there are fewer USN carrier players than IJN, they are the natural counter to IJN carriers, and can absolutely dominate them (tears of IJN carrier players are delicious).

As I've mentioned before, the reason why USN Cv's aren't popular is because of their lack of flexibility, and another problem is that IJN CV players normally won't bother with fighters because of the USN CV's superior fighters. There simply is a lack of reward/exp for those who set out to shoot planes down, which is why cruisers neglect their CV's and people don't like USN CV's especially ones with a fighter heavy loadout - you simply don't get enough reward for "protecting your team"

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

As I've mentioned before, the reason why USN Cv's aren't popular is because of their lack of flexibility, and another problem is that IJN CV players normally won't bother with fighters because of the USN CV's superior fighters. There simply is a lack of reward/exp for those who set out to shoot planes down, which is why cruisers neglect their CV's and people don't like USN CV's especially ones with a fighter heavy loadout - you simply don't get enough reward for "protecting your team"

My reward is watching the IJN carriers ran out of planes in the middle of the match. Which usually ended in draw since i couldn't provide any power projection and USN DB has hilarious damage model, very tiny compared to the power of torps.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

My reward is watching the IJN carriers ran out of planes in the middle of the match. Which usually ended in draw since i couldn't provide any power projection and USN DB has hilarious damage model, very tiny compared to the power of torps.

I'm not seeing IJN CVs running out of planes in the lower tiers.  Quite the contrary, because they have no effective counter I regularly see them with multiple full strength squadrons in the end game, which is just wrong.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I'm not seeing IJN CVs running out of planes in the lower tiers.  Quite the contrary, because they have no effective counter I regularly see them with multiple full strength squadrons in the end game, which is just wrong.

Because hardly any USN CV captain go for Air superiority loadout.

That's understandable, because such Fighter config is near useless if there's no air opposition on enemy team. Additionally, shooting down planes gives no reward whatsoever, going Bomber config nets you more.

Also, low-mid tier IJN CV doesn't really have any Fighter power at all, so most of the time they went strike config and bomb tier4-5 ships with hopeless AA.

I'm interested to try out the Bogue with AS loadout, there was one time 2 IJN CV on my team (including me) got rolfstomped from just that Bogue alone, we couldn't field any air attack at all without losing most if not all of our limited squadrons.

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

I'm interested to try out the Bogue with AS loadout, there was one time 2 IJN CV on my team (including me) got rolfstomped from just that Bogue alone, we couldn't field any air attack at all without losing most if not all of our limited squadrons.

A lot of IJN Carrier captains are idiots. They'd try to bum rush me with all of their squadrons only to be roflstomped by my souped up fighters. I had played a game where i destroyed 26 of their TBs not even halfway through the game since they kept sending those TB squads to their doom trying to bum rush me.