Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Yubari's Engine

21 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Is it just me or the Yubari's engine is extremely vulnerable to being knocked out?

Most of the time I take critical damage, it's always the engine that gets taken out first. And ofcourse, her armor is paper so even a pesky low life DD can knock my Yubari's engine out...

It wasn't just a battle, but most of the battles I played too. I did get her the engine protection module, but that doesn't seem to help enough at all :sceptic:

(I feel scammed having bought her...)

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Yeah, her engine gets KO'd all the time, especially if HE shells crash into her sides.

Downside of having an experimental design.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Yeah I experience the same thing. I'm only surprised if I don't take critical damage in the Yuubari.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles

IJN cruisers are all very vulnerable to engine/rudder damage I've found in my experience.  USN seems to be more reliable in that regard.

Although, let us compare some American cars to Japanese cars and talk about reliability ;-)

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Maybe I'll give her a go a bit more and try different tactics. If all else fail, then I'll have to put her as a decoration in my dock.

This engine reliability is just horrible, as if her overall capability isn't bad enough...

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Maybe I'll give her a go a bit more and try different tactics. If all else fail, then I'll have to put her as a decoration in my dock.

This engine reliability is just horrible, as if her overall capability isn't bad enough...

Treat Yubari like its a destroyer (without the long range torp, coz WG), don't ever ever got hit in Yubari. Don't use your repair skill to fix the rudder malfunction or even fire damage. Only use it to fix the engine, and use upgrade modules to increase its engine durability.

Yubari is a very nimble destroyer cruiser with a good ability to fight destroyer and harass other cruisers. Very difficult to use.

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,249 battles

(I feel scammed having bought her...)

Not just you... After The Great DD Nerf and this disappointment, all of that three ship pre-order package just populates my port. Well, except for the soviet DD that's now made an open dock.

Gotta love it. Buy three, get two of them nerfed to hell with a broad paint brush.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Not just you... After The Great DD Nerf and this disappointment, all of that three ship pre-order package just populates my port. Well, except for the soviet DD that's now made an open dock.

Gotta love it. Buy three, get two of them nerfed to hell with a broad paint brush.

But Gremy is the best of the package.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Treat Yubari like its a destroyer (without the long range torp, coz WG), don't ever ever got hit in Yubari. Don't use your repair skill to fix the rudder malfunction or even fire damage. Only use it to fix the engine, and use upgrade modules to increase its engine durability.

Yubari is a very nimble destroyer cruiser with a good ability to fight destroyer and harass other cruisers. Very difficult to use.

I did refrain myself from using repair for any except engine damage, and yes my engine gets taken out immediately right after I repair it.

After 1 minute later, I repair it (premium damage control), only to get it taken out right on the next hit. I guess not even premium DC can help it :sceptic:

Also, how do I play her as a DD? she gets spotted at 10km, torp range is only 6km with horrible arc. Her guns aren't bad but I kid you not USN DD guns are better than this one.

This one is irrelevant to that DD nerf though. Smoke nerf, HE nerf, stuffs and stuffs doesn't affect the Yubari.

Her HE is still fine, I also fire quite a few AP at stuffs. Smoke? She doesn't have one. Concealment? She doesn't have that either. Torpedo? well I had to expose myself atleast 4km to get into range, and had to turn straight broad side for firing solution because of that horrible arc. And let's not forget to count her gigantic citadel, she's even less survivable than a DD (DD doesn't have citadel to begin with).

AA...well I don't think the Yubari would be a target for them in the first place. She doesn't have AA barrage to support friendlies either. :hiding:

Yes, she does seem pretty bad for a ship, but I tolerate her...until I learned how bad her engine is, the hard way.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

I did refrain myself from using repair for any except engine damage, and yes my engine gets taken out immediately right after I repair it.

After 1 minute later, I repair it (premium damage control), only to get it taken out right on the next hit. I guess not even premium DC can help it :sceptic:

Also, how do I play her as a DD? she gets spotted at 10km, torp range is only 6km with horrible arc. Her guns aren't bad but I kid you not USN DD guns are better than this one.

Why did you buy her when people already posted her stats? I knew that she's horrible the moment I saw the stats.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Yuubari's got 14cms in twin-turret mounts, and they're scary accurate over long range. Hide your broadside, turn only when ready to fire. Go for destroyers, or set battleships on fire with a rain of HE. She can penetrate same-tier cruisers and below with AP, but it takes practice to do so. Use your high speed and agility to evade fire, and if you happen to see a distracted battleship, make a torpedo run.

I.E. Play her like a USN DD and she'll surprise you.

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Why did you buy her when people already posted her stats? I knew that she's horrible the moment I saw the stats.

Because i was newbie to the game and bought my way in?

And since i was an IJN fanatic back in the Navyfield game, i picked Yubari without even consulting to the many youtubers i subscribed to? Because my train of thought was, there's no way WG would put such a horrible ship in the premium shop, surely i need to adapt to the play style of the ship. My first time sailing in the ship i got one hit citadel'd by another cruiser.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

And since i was an IJN fanatic back in the Navyfield game, i picked Yubari without even consulting to the many youtubers i subscribed to? Because my train of thought was, there's no way WG would put such a horrible ship in the premium shop, surely i need to adapt to the play style of the ship. My first time sailing in the ship i got one hit citadel'd by another cruiser.

But her stats were posted in this part of the forum, the open section. New people were discussing about it and someone, most probably a mod, posted the stats.

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,249 battles

This one is irrelevant to that DD nerf though. Smoke nerf, HE nerf, stuffs and stuffs doesn't affect the Yubari.

Read again. I didn't say that. I was pointing out the fact that the Pre-Order package was 2/3rds nerfed in one broad stroke.

And Umidori, that may be true. Pretty much meaningless though if one has zero desire to play future soviet ships. 

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

The ship ain't bad, I did complain initially that she was a little under gunned, but the guns are fine, and even the narrow torpedo arc is fine considering the damage she deals, but after thinking about, the ship does have an engine made of glass, even with the engine protection equipment installed :( oh well, its a premium for a reason and shes a useful Cruiser and Destroyer trainer for the IJN

I bought her on the basis that WG would dish out a USN gift ship after the beta since they gave the Iwaki alpha, an IJN cruiser out for the alpha testers, how correct I was :) The Russian ship didn't interest me due to the fact that I wouldn't be able to use the ship productively except train 1 or 2 captains, I use the Arkansas Beta to train USN captains and the Yubari the IJN ones

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

:) The Russian ship didn't interest me due to the fact that I wouldn't be able to use the ship productively except train 1 or 2 captains, I use the Arkansas Beta to train USN captains and the Yubari the IJN ones

That's a wrong line of thinking.

Right now i'm training my Russian captains so i don't have to train them anymore when WG eventually introduced the Russia Navy line. Now... Warspite on the other hand is totally useless for training captain since RN got introduced way way later than the Russia Navy, but it's a good ship to play in.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Actually, I got in from the first CBT wave. I bought the Yubari just because of some reasons.

And I did consult my Youtuber, unfortunately it was Jingles. :hiding:

But her stats were posted in this part of the forum, the open section. New people were discussing about it and someone, most probably a mod, posted the stats.

Unfortunately I didn't find lines stating her extreme fragility, especially that engine (which is why this thread was made in the first place).

The ship ain't bad, I did complain initially that she was a little under gunned, but the guns are fine, and even the narrow torpedo arc is fine considering the damage she deals, but after thinking about, the ship does have an engine made of glass, even with the engine protection equipment installed :( oh well, its a premium for a reason and shes a useful Cruiser and Destroyer trainer for the IJN

I bought her on the basis that WG would dish out a USN gift ship after the beta since they gave the Iwaki alpha, an IJN cruiser out for the alpha testers, how correct I was :) The Russian ship didn't interest me due to the fact that I wouldn't be able to use the ship productively except train 1 or 2 captains, I use the Arkansas Beta to train USN captains and the Yubari the IJN ones

If I knew the Yubari was this fragile (especially the engine + citadel), I wouldn't have bought her. :hiding:

Yuubari's got 14cms in twin-turret mounts, and they're scary accurate over long range. Hide your broadside, turn only when ready to fire. Go for destroyers, or set battleships on fire with a rain of HE. She can penetrate same-tier cruisers and below with AP, but it takes practice to do so. Use your high speed and agility to evade fire, and if you happen to see a distracted battleship, make a torpedo run.

I.E. Play her like a USN DD and she'll surprise you.

Well I did try that, but somehow it doesn't work as I think it would.

I lost my engine several times when attacking a BB because his secondary, after fixed it got taken out again by a Cruiser hiding a bit further away.

The guns, well... The firing arc is rather high, it's a bit tricky to aim sometimes, or maybe I'm just bad at it.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

I got her cause I liked the idea of a AA focused CL at a lower tier. Little did I know that it was more self defensive and not really team focused (i.e Defensive Fire ability, understandable that could seem P2W for some people)

Alpha Tester
266 posts
3,486 battles

This is why I love meeting Yuubaris in battle. They're easy prey unless behind the controls is an experienced player

should test out if 127mm or 140mm AP can get through her belt armor easily

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I got her cause I liked the idea of a AA focused CL at a lower tier. Little did I know that it was more self defensive and not really team focused (i.e Defensive Fire ability, understandable that could seem P2W for some people)

Yeah, that's one reason for my purchase. And boy was I fooled :child:

This is why I love meeting Yuubaris in battle. They're easy prey unless behind the controls is an experienced player

should test out if 127mm or 140mm AP can get through her belt armor easily

Meanie D:

Sign in to follow this