Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
lee_soon_shin

Do you know Yi sun sin ?

23 comments in this topic

2 posts
917 battles

I like him.

He is world best admiral.

He was born in joseon 1945 (present known korea republic)

He fighted against japan. and winner !!

His tactic is unbelievable.

He is god of sea.

Right now, search for 'Yi sun sin' on Google.

and you will agree with my words.

thanks read my post. i do not english well.

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,249 battles

Umm... try born 400 years earlier.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

I like him.

He is god of sea.

Right now, search for 'Yi sun sin' on Google.

and you will agree with my words.

thanks read my post. i do not english well.

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

Alpha Tester
208 posts
212 battles

I don't think there was a conflict between Japan and Korea after 1945 ( I could well be wrong - I didn't bother to check)

I think he meant he was born in 1545 , Just checked it out : 

Yi Sun-sin (Hangul이순신hanja李舜臣; April 28, 1545 – December 16, 1598) was a Korean naval commander, famed for his victories against the Japanese navy during the Imjin war in the Joseon Dynasty, and is well-respected for his exemplary conduct on and off the battlefield not only by Koreans, but by Japanese Admirals as well

And I thought it was related to WWII. Apparently not : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_invasions_of_Korea_(1592%E2%80%9398)

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

This guy should really check his grammar and post on the appropriate forum (historical) :/

But in all seriousness, ask any Korean (or check the wiki) and you'll realise why this Yi-sun-Shin Admiral really is the real MVP and the country's greatest hero

A humble soldier who ended up in the navy and won all major naval engagements he was present in, including a miraculous 13 vs 130 warship battle (No shit wiki: wikipedia : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yi_Sun-sin)

Admiral Togo regarded Admiral Yi as his superior. At a party held in his honor, Togo took exception to a speech comparing him to Lord Nelson and Yi Sun-sin.

It may be proper to compare me with Nelson, but not with Korea’s Yi Sun-sin, for he has no equal. (The Imjin War, by Samuel Hawley, pg. 490)

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,249 battles

This guy should really check his grammar and post on the appropriate forum (historical) :/

Check his dates maybe and yes, appropriate forum. However, I'll give him an A for effort. If you want to criticize English grammar. There are plenty of native English speakers here (myself included) that would be worthier targets.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Define best.

So the japanese got cocky and thought the koreans wouldn't be able to resist them anymore, hence we got the typical

many mistakes combine into a great loss.

I can't even see much of a difference between his attack and Nelson's at Trafalgar.

Both faced a strong but ill-prepared force that lost because of the typical "death by a thousand cuts" problem.

But then again people are once again trying to compare  a single nuance of thousands that can decide a battle...

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Check his dates maybe and yes, appropriate forum. However, I'll give him an A for effort. If you want to criticize English grammar. There are plenty of native English speakers here (myself included) that would be worthier targets.

Fair enough, and I guess I forget that I was once a newbie too, ironically I wasn't born in a english speaking country so jokes on me (not NZ native)

So the japanese got cocky and thought the koreans wouldn't be able to resist them anymore, hence we got the typical

many mistakes combine into a great loss.

I can't even see much of a difference between his attack and Nelson's at Trafalgar.

Both faced a strong but ill-prepared force that lost because of the typical "death by a thousand cuts" problem.

But then again people are once again trying to compare  a single nuance of thousands that can decide a battle...

If only that applied to games such as this - There are instances of the few prevailing while heavily outnumbered (DD's and BB's especially good at making comebacks from huge team score differences) but majority of the time its a case of one performing great but losing, or one being stuck in a team soo good that you get barely any exp for the 1st victory of the day :P

9 posts
501 battles

But in all seriousness, ask any Korean (or check the wiki) and you'll realise why this Yi-sun-Shin Admiral really is the real MVP and the country's greatest hero

A humble soldier who ended up in the navy and won all major naval engagements he was present in, including a miraculous 13 (super unicum) vs 130 tomatoes warship battle (No shit wiki: wikipedia : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yi_Sun-sin)

Admiral Togo regarded Admiral Yi as his superior. At a party held in his honor, Togo took exception to a speech comparing him to Lord Nelson and Yi Sun-sin.

It may be proper to compare me with Nelson, but not with Korea’s Yi Sun-sin, for he has no equal. (The Imjin War, by Samuel Hawley, pg. 490)

He's just a super unicum

heck if we only lived in the past.
Edited by Elastic_Little_Brother

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
192 posts
11,272 battles

He fought 26 or 27 battles as admiral of the Korean fleet against the Japanese often outnumbered and won every single battle.

Not even Nelson could say that.

He invented the turtle ship (A spiky wooden Yamato).

And in his most epic battle after being betrayed, demoted, tortured, and finally reinstated had only 13 warships against a Japanese force of over 100 warships and several hundred auxiliaries and he put them to the sword sinking 30 or so and only losing a handful of men.

Even the Japanese regard him as the best Admiral who ever lived and held him in the highest regard.

He was the Uber Admiral.

Better than Nelson

or Togo

or even Admiral Akhbar from The Empire Strikes back.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I like him.

He is god of sea.

I like him.

He is the biggest of them all.

He was born the same year and place as I am.

He outlasted his enemy, and winner!

His spirit was unbelievable

The best in the world

-(Edited)

Insults/​Derogatory Comments, Post Edited, User already Sanctioned

~lengxv6

Edited by lengxv6

Beta Tester
72 posts
114 battles

I'm having a hard time trying to understand your reasons for posting such topic OP.

Are you trying to stir up the whole "Japan vs Korea" shenanigans?

Did Japanese warships some how turns your "nationalistic" senses on and decided to post about such admiral?

Or are you just trolling?

Sign in to follow this