You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KiSa_PresidentDiddy_MY

Give me tips how to play Pensacola

16 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
3 posts
343 battles

I dont know how play Pensacola. Low ROF give me [content removed].. can u all share for me some tips how to play Pensacola :) 

Inappropriate Content.  Post Edited. User Sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Pensacola? Low RoF?

See the enemy? Spam him to bits.

See your carriers? Stay close to him and protect him from enemy bombers.

See the division option? Division up with another cruiser (preferably amade in his Atlanta) to provide some extra air cover goodness.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Readme.

Pensacola trades rapid fire guns for hard-hitting ones. Your 8" guns are mounted on turrets that traverse relatively quickly, so use it to engage targets at range. You're capable of penetrating other cruisers easily, and dealing good HE damage to battleships, but you're not designed to take the hurt in return, so learn to operate in support of allied ships. Take some time to look up your two abilities: Hydroacoustic Search and Defensive Barrage. The first lets you kill destroyers that try to lurk in smoke clouds, while the second makes you a carrier's nightmare. Your primary prey are still destroyers: learn the lead angle and fire HE shells to ruin a destroyers day as one good salvo can wreck a destroyer instantly. If you pick defensive barrage, stay near allied battleships or your team's carrier near the start of the match to provide AA support and shoot down planes with the tremendous AA that all cruisers have.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Not all cruisers, Syanda. Just USN cruisers.

Nope - you can still do AA (maybe not as well) support with IJN CA.  You won't end up with as many dead AC, but will wreck havok with their firing solution and force the wide spread.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Readme.

Pensacola trades rapid fire guns for hard-hitting ones. Your 8" guns are mounted on turrets that traverse relatively quickly, so use it to engage targets at range. 

Pepsi's guns only rotate fast if you upgrade it.

Unfortunately it takes quite a bit of exp to get there.

Not all cruisers, Syanda. Just USN cruisers.

You don't need good AA to cover ships from aerial attack, just the rattle effect from AA Barrage ability is enough to do so.

167 posts
776 battles

cover CV

pew pew DD

pew pew BB

pew pew CA

Unfortunately Pensacola is not simple like that, compare to Myoko, the IJN Cruiser is bit better in term of rate of fire and able to dish out BB with its torpedoes.

For Pensacola, you will need to play carefully and try to aim precisely since the advantage its on your firepower, the AA for Pensacola is well equipped and easy to take out any enemy aircraft nearby. 

For me, Pensacola is not shine as the Cleveland, Omaha or even Phoenix Cruiser. Will get the New Orleans soon and I hope this one will be better than Pensacola. 

Note : Des Moines.. des moines.. that's all I can think right now :honoring:

Cheers,

L.S

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

"Pepsicola" is a heavy cruiser, just play like a BB, but be careful, don't rotation, can be easy to be citadel hit.

Except this thing doesn't have any effective armor at all, it's even worse than most Heavy Cruisers (only better than Furutaka and Aoba :hiding:)

Alpha Tester
28 posts

Unfortunately Pensacola is not simple like that, compare to Myoko, the IJN Cruiser is bit better in term of rate of fire and able to dish out BB with its torpedoes.

For Pensacola, you will need to play carefully and try to aim precisely since the advantage its on your firepower, the AA for Pensacola is well equipped and easy to take out any enemy aircraft nearby. 

For me, Pensacola is not shine as the Cleveland, Omaha or even Phoenix Cruiser. Will get the New Orleans soon and I hope this one will be better than Pensacola. 

Note : Des Moines.. des moines.. that's all I can think right now :honoring:

Cheers,

L.S

The Pensacola is an odd one after such good ships before it.   Skip over it with free XP if you can.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

what i found funny bout american CA is despite having fewer turret as their only weapons yet they are still easy to destroy like the IJN turret. despite having better radar that the IJN counterpart during ww2 yet on this game they still have same range and sometimes IJN has even better range e.g tier 10 IJN ca has longer range than Des moines.