Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RG_Kid

Getting into a game where there's only one CV is frustrating

26 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Got sunk in the first two minutes... Got hit with the undodgeable torp spread in the beginning, dead in the water soon, and the next wave sunk me.

How's this fun for low tier game?

Spare the excuse that i should have known better. I noticed the TB as soon as possible and tried evasive manouvre. No use with torp spread like that. Even facing head on still couldn't save me from 4 torps hit in the first wave.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzXj9If0cKlhaEh6dVNBN2dySUE/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: This is why i'm proponent of non carrier game. This is why most of my skills and most used ships are all AA ships. This is why i'll go out in USN carriers with all fighters loadout. Because i hate IJN carriers getting good treatment in low tier matches.

Edited by RG_Kid

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

its not just IJN carriers, its going to be EVERY carrier in tier 4 and tier 5

Tier 4 and Tier 5 is a feeding frenzy full of targets going "pls Torp me" or "pls bomb me"

anyone who believes otherwise probably solely plays carriers and likes his little feeding ground. Thankfully the problem gets less "hopeless" at higher tiers where you can group up your ships and make effective AA screens, along with Cruisers having access to the Air skill which makes Torpedo planes have bad spreads and bombs having bad aiming. The only bad part here is players. Good luck getting people to group up that isn't in a division with you.

this is partly due to the problem of every ship in Tier 4 having an AA stat of 4 (except yuubari) and most ships in tier 5 only maxing out at 20 (USN ships only as well)

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Spare the excuse that i should have known better. I noticed the TB as soon as possible and tried evasive manouvre. No use with torp spread like that. Even facing head on still couldn't save me from 4 torps hit in the first wave.

Never ever hard turn against torpedo bombers until the very last moment.

Hard turn to keep up with bombers.
Instead turn between 1st and 2nd "gear" and the closer the bombers get the more you start turning hard to the opposite direction.
Nvm that you'd usually want to face away from torpedo bombers in a BB, sometimes the situation doesn't allow for that.

GLwdPRa.jpg

Here you turn to the left for a split second, but then you go straight ahead, this was the last call to turn left again to dodge all torpedoes or only eat 1-2.

WXNm5bE.jpg

wTazP2K.jpg

With a quick turn to the left your course would've looked somewhat like this, depending on how well you performed the course change

and used speed adjustment to maximise performance you would've eaten 1 torpedo or dodged all of them.

CMXfW9q.jpg

And then you gave up completely and didn't even try to dodge the 2nd, very easy to dodge salvo.

MrBpfoI.jpg

Tier 4 and Tier 5 is a feeding frenzy full of targets going "pls Torp me" or "pls bomb me"

anyone who believes otherwise probably solely plays carriers and likes his little feeding ground.

Feel free to look up my profile.
Edited by Retia

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

The second wave i was dead in the water since if you got hit by torps you lost some of your speed. There's no way i could dodge the second wave.

And there's also a reason why i didn't do hard turn against first wave, i was aware there was another torp bomber lurking on the left of the screen so i didn't want to lose any speed by decelerating. I was gambling that i would get hit by 1 torps in the first wave, but instead i got the tight spread torps and i didn't react quick enough.

Speaking of the tight spread torps, can someone confirm that it's supposed to be like that? You can see it clearly in the second picture.

I'm much better now after shooting down so many Hosho' planes last night in my Bogue. It's very unfortunate that the MM is still funky that it would put one Hosho against several slow moving and turning battleships. When there's another CV, i didn't have to worry that much since they would usually fight each other first. 

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

The second wave i was dead in the water since if you got hit by torps you lost some of your speed. There's no way i could dodge the second wave.

And there's also a reason why i didn't do hard turn against first wave, i was aware there was another torp bomber lurking on the left of the screen so i didn't want to lose any speed by decelerating. I was gambling that i would get hit by 1 torps in the first wave, but instead i got the tight spread torps and i didn't react quick enough.

Speaking of the tight spread torps, can someone confirm that it's supposed to be like that? You can see it clearly in the second picture.

I'm much better now after shooting down so many Hosho' planes last night in my Bogue. It's very unfortunate that the MM is still funky that it would put one Hosho against several slow moving and turning battleships. When there's another CV, i didn't have to worry that much since they would usually fight each other first. 

Those are dropped by a.i.auto drops and have been in the game since cbt, just that not many people uses it when it was a full US CV vs CV fest that time.

But that should really be taken into account as a bug as the spread for that formation is too tight even compared to the manual bomber order.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

That's the spread you get when doing a hard turn at a specific time before the drop.

The bomber ai goes herpa derp and does weird things.

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

That's the spread you get when doing a hard turn at a specific time before the drop.

The bomber ai goes herpa derp and does weird things.

Well, that's a bad news to me since i often got caught doing the wiggle dance when doing my evasive manouvre against TB. This is the third time i caught the crazy torp spread like that.

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,245 battles

CVs should be of equal tier and number, or not in the battle. It's really that bad (unless the player is totally incompetent at operating his / her CV). Just finished two tier VI matches where 2X enemy CVs just wrecked the game for us. Getting torp spam TK'd by a 39% WR, sub 500XP "teammate" while capping was just an added bonus.

DBW8AyB.jpg

wwV5Qvw.jpg

Edited by xamdam

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,245 battles

And before people call me butthurt... here's the third consecutive battle of 2 vs 1. This time our team was the lucky side.

ZeXiVZd.jpg

So, the only "balance" I can see is when the MM decides to give you the OP factor. Oh, and yeah, I did the "team" thing by staying back to provide AA for one of them. Such fun that was, driving around, letting my bots shoot at the other guys fly bots.

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

Don't know about you but I like helping my CV gain the upper hand by NOT being destroyed in the first 20seconds of the game

More people should do it

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,245 battles

I'd like it, maybe, if I could aim my own AA. Otherwise, it's my bots shooting at his flybots. I do it when I can but to be honest... I felt like I was contributing to the seal clubbing by protecting one of two CVs only to watch him run to the blue line and stay there sliding up and down the entire match... :sceptic:

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Again another bugged torp spread which is nigh impossible to dodge thanks to the non existent AA in T4 ships. Is it really a bug though? Can a mod verify it to the devs?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzXj9If0cKlhUS1sOFFMbmNlVGM/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: Fix the link. And again another 1 T4 IJN CV against you guess it, us, battleships that have no AA. T4 Match making is a joke.

Edited by RG_Kid

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

CVs should be of equal tier and number, or not in the battle. It's really that bad (unless the player is totally incompetent at operating his / her CV). Just finished two tier VI matches where 2X enemy CVs just wrecked the game for us. Getting torp spam TK'd by a 39% WR, sub 500XP "teammate" while capping was just an added bonus.

DBW8AyB.jpg

wwV5Qvw.jpg

CV's being in top with XP earned is a common scenario even if it is in the loosing team. This is an indication something is very wrong here................

Beta Tester
120 posts
4,246 battles

It does seem to be happening more now, even tho there are way more players out there.. Seems to be a influx of wanna be carrier drivers all lining up..  just about every battle I have been in tonite has included at least one carrier.. sometimes just one..  If it's on your team then yay..  if not then.. maybe next battle it'll be your turn to have some luck. MM isn't having a very good time I think.. 

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

having one Arty in WoT is not too bad since they mostly miss. But here any CV captain that's worth his salt* won't miss.

Honestly tier 3-4 need more AA and AA that can hit further than 2.5KM would be nice.

*i have the Langley and it's meh and i'm  also a meh CV captain.

[ADM_L]
Beta Tester
279 posts
895 battles

having one Arty in WoT is not too bad NOW since they mostly miss. 

FTFY. 

Take a guess why they got slapped to death by the nerfbat??

Also, there's such a thing as a Meh Langley? OMG, Lupis, why you not use your OPness to kill off the OPness of the opposite team? That's your JOB, AA beyond 2.5kms away!!

Edited by DaNoob

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

CV's being in top with XP earned is a common scenario even if it is in the loosing team. This is an indication something is very wrong here................

Did you actually compare the exp and credits of modules different ship types needs to advance up the tiers?

Side note: Are you in the supertest channel?

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

BIPLANES W/ 4 TORPS!! BIPLANES W/ 4 TORPS!! BIPLANES W/ 4 TORPS!!

What so special?

Swordfish essentially decided Bismarck fate, to give you an example.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

The last surviving ship in a losing ship usually ends up with the highest xp, scrub CVs just happen to also usually being at the border of the map being useless.

having one Arty in WoT is not too bad since they mostly miss.

Hmm... axaxaxaxaxa... ... oh... you were serious there... wow...

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

What so special?

Swordfish essentially decided Bismarck fate, to give you an example.

Heh, Swordfish was an interesting plane to say the least since it's basically an outdated design by the start of the war. But this quote from wikipedia struck me the most.

"The primary weapon was the aerial torpedo, but the low speed of the biplane and the need for a long straight approach made it difficult to deliver against well-defended targets. Swordfish torpedo doctrine called for an approach at 5,000 feet (1,500 m) followed by a dive to torpedo release altitude of 18 feet (5.5 m).[4] Maximum range of the early Mark XII torpedo was 1,500 yards (1,400 m) at 40 knots (74 km/h; 46 mph) and 3,500 yards (3,200 m) at 27 knots (50 km/h; 31 mph).[5] The torpedo travelled 200 yards (180 m) forward from release to water impact, and required another 300 yards (270 m) to stabilise at preset depth and arm itself. Ideal release distance was 1,000 yards (910 m) from target if the Swordfish survived to that distance."

1.5 km in WOWs is pretty close to the ship.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I've started playing my Yubari today for fun and credits.

Aside from shooting other ships back into the stone age I usually intercept bombers.

Now let me tell you a story...

xMLpshG.jpg

One Myogi sailed straight into the enemy main force and got obliterated by gun fire and torpedo bombers.

(He didn't even try to dodge the torpedoes...)

-1 BB

After that I was constantly firing unto targets, while intercepting bombers.

Sometimes I shot down an entire squad, sometimes only 1-2 planes.

That together with the targeted BBs actually changing course (Although way too late) ended with those BBs only eating 0-1 torpedoes.

Heck, the CV got so annoyed that he eventually tried to torpedo me, which resulted in a whole squadron evaporating.

Now the experience he got is top of his team, his performance in-game wasn't great due to his bombers being targeted by me and only

ever scoring a single hit aside from the first suicidal Myogi.

I dunno... I don't think we lost because we had no CV... especially since we lost 1 DD, 1 CL and a BB to 1 DD and 1 CL on the other flank...

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Anyone remember my thread about MM principles? I assumed it vanished.

Not that I ever expected WG either to read it or act on it, lol.

Edited by Steeltrap

[STGGC]
Beta Tester
162 posts
2,861 battles

don't forget that you can met a Taihou in tier 5 match,, while you get Shoukaku and a Bogue,, when devil on your favor you can get Lex while the enemies doesn't have a single CV

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,245 battles

About finished screwing around with this game. Between the the blue line cheats, the horrible near non-existent communication on this server and the MM feeding us unbalanced CVs there is very little here I find fun anymore. Too bad, it could have been something. 

Sign in to follow this