You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
del2004751646

Manual Torpedo Aiming

8 comments in this topic

25 posts
113 battles

Anyone here aiming Torps manually and not following the grey line besides me? I personally think that manual aiming is manlier and you can feel the real battle. I mean, warships before don't even have calculations. They just guess where the enemy is and they fire.

Edited by GigaGunMen

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Most of the people who have played for quite awhile will only use the grey line as a reference to estimate the speed the enemy ship is going at.

P.S. there are guides in the forums.

Edited by Halken_Sky

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

grey line aiming doesn't help when firing with the narrowest spread, have to do some creative guestimating to get all those to hit.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

I use it (sort of) - it's an indicator, I then (gu)estimate where I think the enemy will go.

With lower tier DD having 3 launchers (IJN) or 2 each side (USN) you can drop the first on the line, guess which way they will go to avoid, drop the second that way, drop the 3rd and 4th in the only place left and guarantee at least 2-3 torps will hit.

50 posts
59 battles

This game doesn't give you the time nor space to conduct proper TMA or target set-ups so firing effectively blindly isn't "manly" it's just crossing your fingers.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

Who needs the grey aiming cone when you can just sail up to a BB at 300m and drop your torps :P

You know Windforce... It's [content removed] like you who promote "TORPS ARE OP" cries.

Heck... I'm a scumbag myself netting BBs with a full salvo of fish.

Back to the question, the grey cone is useful if you want to use it but for me, if I'm using a DD with 3 torpedo turrets, i'll fire one in the grey cone, another before and another after the grey cone at narrow spread for long distance and wide spread for short distance.

For those with 2 torpedo turrets, either I fire halfway fore and aft of the cone or 1 on the grey cone and another either fore or aft of the cone. Narrow spread for long distance and wide spread for short distance

But in a dogfight against DD.....

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!! I'LL THROW THE BROOMS, MOPS AND PAILS IF I HAVE TO!!!

Insults/Derogatory Comments. Post Edited. User Sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking