Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
unknownaussie

World of He and Fire

18 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Nope. Because armor works now many CA captains just use HE. why get maybe 300 damage in every few shots when you can do constant damage and set the enemy on fire and take out modules.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

well reduce the chance of fire do you know how annoying it is getting set on fire 12 times in one match.......

I think anyone whos captained a BB knows how it feels to have fires running from stem to stern. At the moment, the best way to deal with all these fires is to be very patient with the DCP and only pop on 2+ fires or other DoTs/damages.

Luckily for BBs, fire damage is repairable by DRP.

Alpha Tester
208 posts
212 battles

I do agree that fire chance needs to be nerfed quite a bit. It's quite easy to get to the state of 2-3 fires in a large battleship , and then at that moment it drains about the same amount of health as torpedo flooding (Not very sure on this). If you previously used your Damage Control Party on something else (Lets say flooding), then it slowly eats away your health unopposed. 

High Explosive on it's own allowing you to do damage is already good enough. We don't need damn fires raging throughout the ship.

Edited by Airborne447

Beta Tester
62 posts
772 battles

Lol, a Cruiser shooting HE can take 2 shoots from a BB then he is a submarine.

BBs are strong and tuff enough and don´t needs to be unsinkable.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

I do agree that fire chance needs to be nerfed quite a bit. It's quite easy to get to the state of 2-3 fires in a large battleship , and then at that moment it drains about the same amount of health as torpedo flooding (Not very sure on this). If you previously used your Damage Control Party on something else (Lets say flooding), then it slowly eats away your health unopposed. 

High Explosive on it's own allowing you to do damage is already good enough. We don't need damn fires raging throughout the ship.

I agree. Even if they don't want to nerf fires at least extended the grace period that we get after using DCP where no more fire,flooding e.t.c can occur to around 20secs.(Unrealistic I know) 
Edited by Chawp

Alpha Tester
208 posts
212 battles

I agree. Even if they don't want to nerf fires at least extended the grace period that we get after using DCP where no more fire,flooding e.t.c can occur to around 20secs.(Unrealistic I know) 

Precisely my thoughts . What's the point of letting someone sit helplessly while he cannot do anything about fire/flooding damage just because he unfortunately used his DCR earlier? Yeah sure, torps can be dodged , but a HE shell even if it does no damage (bounce) still causes fire - not to mention another salvo of HE shells is going to set you on fire again.. 

Alpha Tester
208 posts
212 battles

I'm more afraid of fire damage than the chance of it happening.

Especially in BB or CV because it deals damage based on % HP.

Many mid-tier BB lose around 300hp per sec per fire, that's rather devastating.

Yep - With a triple fire , it's 500/s on Arkansas. Even when trying to reduce the fire burn time , it's still generally about 1min30s. That's 45,000hp gone potentially by fire. (Assuming we use 300hp/s , it's still 27,000hp, no small amount) 

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

USN DD would very much like to feast on BBs as well..... Oh wait there's a skill that reduce fire chance by 7%.

Back to Torps! W-Wait thats consider OP too!

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Agree about got setting on fire too often, But it seem to be a balance factor for smaller ships to be able to fight back BBs, so i kinda cross fingers here. :D:D:D

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

USN DD would very much like to feast on BBs as well..... Oh wait there's a skill that reduce fire chance by 7%.

Back to Torps! W-Wait thats consider OP too!

not additive

7% of 5% chance is still like a 4.3% chance to cause fires

TTVnXrU.jpg

Edited by iLordShade

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Yep - With a triple fire , it's 500/s on Arkansas. Even when trying to reduce the fire burn time , it's still generally about 1min30s. That's 45,000hp gone potentially by fire. (Assuming we use 300hp/s , it's still 27,000hp, no small amount) 

Each fire only lasts 60 sec though, cut that by 10 sec if you get the corresponding commander skill or module.

However, I still think that fire damage is a bit too much on BB/CV :sceptic: On some ships I had to get the premium damage control party, just for the sake of having more chance of surviving the battle.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

do you know how annoying it is getting set on fire 12 times in one match.......

Nope, I don't.

At tops I get set on fire twice in a row with my BBs.

The first fire is extinquished by the damage control and the second one pretty much negated by the repair.

After that I'm either out of range of whatever shot me, or maneuvered in a way that I am harder to hit, or either one of us is sinking.

Precisely my thoughts . What's the point of letting someone sit helplessly while he cannot do anything about fire/flooding damage just because he unfortunately used his DCR earlier? Yeah sure, torps can be dodged , but a HE shell even if it does no damage (bounce) still causes fire - not to mention another salvo of HE shells is going to set you on fire again.. 

Yeah, because the repair doesn't negate fire at all...

The only times I find myself helpless against fire is when the rest of the team is mostly suffering from the lethal sickness of death

and I'm surrounded by two or more ships, but even then either damage control or repair, which I usually use in tandem, should be available

and grant a couple more seconds of survival.

Who cares, with the firing rate of your average US DD combined with each salvo taking away an average of atleast 1k damage

the US DD will do more than enough damage even without starting a fire.

On some ships I had to get the premium damage control party, just for the sake of having more chance of surviving the battle.

Hence why I wrote this in another thread:

80s less cooldown on the smoke generator.

40s less on repair and damage control parties for BBs

120s(!) less on scout planes.

Not worthwhile he said...

Premium consumables in WoT aren't worthwhile unless you're going for that 1%.

Mostly because the chance of needing them is low and the repercussions for not having them is only severe in situations like Gunner+Loader wounded,

which are fairly rare.

Compare that to the consumables here, which have a much higher usage, hence it's not that 1%, it's a general efficiency buff.

Chances are that unless you're a DD or very good with CLs you will be hit.

Chances are those hits will damage modules or set the ship on fire, especially in BBs and CAs.

Chances are that you'll extinquish the fire only to be set on fire again a couple seconds later.

40s less on both repair and damage control parties translates into being capable of reducing damage to almost zero.

1. Set on fire
  2. Pop Damage Control
  3. Set on fire again
  4. Pop Repair
  5. Set on fire again
  6. Pop Damage control which will be available again shortly, rather than in X+40 seconds

And you'll encounter similiar situations with the other consumables.

That said you prolly won't need Damage Control II on a DD, because when you get hit twice in rapid succession you're most likely dead anyway.

Same for the Engine Boost, which is only really required to get that 1% in certain situations.

Beta Tester
31 posts
1,502 battles

Literally just alt tabbed out of my game to come find a thread to rage about this!

Sick of trying to play Battleships, theyre infuriating. The game I just played, in my Arkansas, cruiser fires a few shells, single one hits, aaaand on fire. Hit repair (usually I just let it burn..), second barrage, another couple of hits, immediately on fire again. And I've even got the damage control party upgrade that reduces chance of fire/flooding.. Never seems to help.

And the guns, god, don't even get me started on the guns... Full broadside at 4 or 5 kilometres and the shells go everywhere except where you point the guns! Are the gun barrels wonky or something?! I get it, BS guns are inaccurate in comparison to smaller ones and whatnot, but maybe it should scale with distance, you shouldnt be getting like 4 hits out of twelve, at seb 5km ranges...

Sign in to follow this