You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

54 comments in this topic

5 posts
199 battles

Hi,

Just really curious to know are you guys developing a World of Ships game or World of Torpedoes??? Like effing seriously WTF? You all need to either patch the damage they do or make their reload time ALOT longer that what it is, at one stage we were getting hit with I shit you not from 2 ships 19 torpedoes! Are you serious? Really? Not to mention torpedo bombers, why do they drop torpedoes from 10 meters from your ship??

Also your matchmaking needs some serious work, there are so many matches it is not even worth playing it isn't even a game its a cannon fodder match! I have been put with players wayyyyyy out ranking me and my team buy a country mile! I can understand this is an alpha or beta! But come on like have you guys even played this game? Classes like the battleship is useless! It's AA guns shoot like retarded AI from games in the 90's...

Anyway that's my two cents now to get back to World of Torpedoes!

Edited by GODSPEEDSNAKE

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

my only complaint lies with torpedo planes. They still drop their payloads it completely unrealistic ways and it is often very hard to notice if a plane has even dropped its load apart from the stupid 90 degree turn they do when they drop their torps from 700m above the surface of the ocean (according to game distance)

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Hi,

Just really curious to know are you guys developing a World of Ships game or World of Torpedoes??? Like effing seriously WTF? You all need to either patch the damage they do or make their reload time ALOT longer that what it is, at one stage we were getting hit with I shit you not from 2 ships 19 torpedoes! Are you serious? Really? Not to mention torpedo bombers, why do they drop torpedoes from 10 meters from your ship??

Also your matchmaking needs some serious work, there are so many matches it is not even worth playing it isn't even a game its a cannon fodder match! I have been put with players wayyyyyy out ranking me and my team buy a country mile! I can understand this is an alpha or beta! But come on like have you guys even played this game? Classes like the battleship is useless! It's AA guns shoot like retarded AI from games in the 90's...

Bye Bye lol. Please Drive more in a Straight line, BTW :D

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

Topedoes from ship is ok but what really need rebalance is torpedo bomber

.... they need longer run in, in the game they drop the torp from steep angle (like around 20 degree or so.) and high altitute (even higher than BB hight )  
Didn't real torpedo bomber need to drop at very low altitude and same leveling above the water ? 

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Readme.

Also, try playing a few matches as a destroyer or carrier some time. Maybe that might give you insight as to the strengths and weaknesses in each class and how you can exploit it.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

i have the jap tier 6 dd, and it has greatly reduced torpedo capabilities, as all lines do from tier 6 up.

Also I did see a skill or modification about anti torpedo defenses for ships, so I think that is coming soon.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

i have the jap tier 6 dd, and it has greatly reduced torpedo capabilities, as all lines do from tier 6 up.

Also I did see a skill or modification about anti torpedo defenses for ships, so I think that is coming soon.

Mutsuki is a AA DD, thats How I make it work in CBT :D

40 posts
3,339 battles

What about Torpedo shoots from Mountain ?!

early game i play myugi and hiding in the mountain but i see torpedo from mountain !! :ohmy:

Alpha Tester
266 posts
3,486 battles

Not to mention torpedo bombers, why do they drop torpedoes from 10 meters from your ship??

torpedo bombers

10 meters

Isn't this a good thing? :D

or you mean 10 Kilometers

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Hold up, I have an image somewhere...

aOnJ0Gf.jpg

Observe the glorious torpedo spam. That a 20 torp salvo heading on past. There are probably 30+ torpedoes in this shot, all of them were aimed at me, none of them hit (I was killed by gun fire after a well timed DB strike from the carrier). Boat launched torpedoes are not OP in the slightest, Cruisers can usually easily avoid torps at all but the closest ranges, and BBs can generally soak up a few hits even if they cant avoid them all.

Edited by karl0ssus1

50 posts
59 battles

You need to realise how big the warhead and fuel are in a torpedo, even a lightweight - ship launched - torpedo makes a big bang. Imagine if WoWs had heavyweights...lol

We're not talking a 5 inch shell here...we're talking something big enough to wrap both your arms around.

Edited by Barkh0rn

50 posts
59 battles

Anyway OP, it looks like torpedoes I've seen, so far, are already nerfed in the speed department so no excuse to be hit at range.

After timing a few yesterday they seem to be a good 10-12kts slower than they could be.

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

Hi,

in low tier->World of HE

in mid tier->World of Battleships

in high tier->World of Carriers

I would say, torpedo is the most UP thing ever in WOWS

torpedo causes a lot damage?reload too fast?do you know how easy evading torpedo is?

for low tier,

if you get hit by 1-2 torpedo in a BB, it's normal

if you get hit by 3 or more torpedo in a BB, you're just a noob, you deserve it

for higher tier,

if you get hit by 0-1 torpedo(surface) in a BB for the whole game,it's normal

if you get hit by 2 or more, I wonder if you're able to think

19 torpedoes? you're just too unlucky

I can win in a 1v1 close battle with a IJN DD in my IJN BB

I can't think of something more foolish than this thread

Hopefully I didn't break the rule again

5 posts
199 battles

Guys,

Thank you for those that agree something should be done! I do think the damage of torpedoes is fair yes they do large damage but the torpedo spam in this game is just ridiculous, maybe just a simple extra long reload time dodging 2-4 is doable yes sort of not in a large ship BUT 20 or 30+ are you kidding? and yes I have seen plenty of times the bombers dropping torpedoes from 100 METERS not 10 kilometers!

Edited by GODSPEEDSNAKE

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Guys,

Thank you for those that agree something should be done! I do think the damage of torpedoes is fair yes they do large damage but the torpedo spam in this game is just ridiculous, maybe just a simple extra long reload time dodging 2-4 is doable yes sort of not in a large ship BUT 20 or 30+ are you kidding? and yes I have seen plenty of times the bombers dropping torpedoes from 10 METERS not 10 kilometers!

Aerial Torpedo: well, nothing can be done here, low-tier CV and AA mechanics are broken.

Also, it's not 10m, it's 2km. You don't know how big these ships are, in this game they were scaled down to toy-sized.

Surface torpedo: If you let an enemy ship carrying torpedo gets close enough to you to launch torpedo, then it's all your fault.

(Tip: Tier4 and below torpedo max range is 7km, tier5 there's some ships with 10km Torpedo).

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

my only complaint lies with torpedo planes. They still drop their payloads it completely unrealistic ways and it is often very hard to notice if a plane has even dropped its load apart from the stupid 90 degree turn they do when they drop their torps from 700m above the surface of the ocean (according to game distance)

We've complained about the lack of behavioural clues before.  TBs don't come in low across the water lining up the ship before launching, they just fly around doing whatever until they do their magic circle and BOOM!

50 posts
59 battles

my point earlier...

if they dropped the torpedo at 10 meters, isnt that supposed to be duds?

em so confused now with his issue

10m from target or 10m altitude?

Torpedoes of the WoWs era generally had to run a minimum 400m before arming themselves so yeah they'd just deflect off the hull.

Alpha Tester
266 posts
3,486 battles

10m from target or 10m altitude?

From Target.

and yes, they bounced off... About 2 times I've seen an enemy dropping torps too close through manual drop, ending up bouncing 2 of them and watched the rest pass before getting armed.

So far, ship-launched torpedoes got a very short arming time like they can drop it to you at 100-300m

\MELEE TORPS!/

50 posts
59 battles

From Target.

and yes, they bounced off... About 2 times I've seen an enemy dropping torps too close through manual drop, ending up bouncing 2 of them and watched the rest pass before getting armed.

So far, ship-launched torpedoes got a very short arming time like they can drop it to you at 100-300m

\MELEE TORPS!/

Reality would suggest they'll deflect and keep running until the fuel runs out or they hit something else. There has to be limitations to the game though or a reportable bug if it becomes a major issue amongst the hoards.