You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kiwi_NZ

Torps spotting ships ?

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
62 posts
772 battles

Had a battle in my DD. Enemy Torps came in close range (approx 500m - 1000m) and my "sixth sense" turned on.

Enemy DD was already dead and far "behind" me, last ship BB on enemy team was 9km away.

Bug or Game mechanic ?

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

if it really 10 second delay then I don't want to use that skill at all, you will get shot at first before the 6th sense show lol

oh btw. some question about 6th sense ... when the indicator show the icon along with plane icon, does it mean your planes got spotted or your ship got spotted by plane ?

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

if it really 10 second delay then I don't want to use that skill at all, you will get shot at first before the 6th sense show lol

oh btw. some question about 6th sense ... when the indicator show the icon along with plane icon, does it mean your planes got spotted or your ship got spotted by plane ?

I can confirm it's 3 seconds or less.

However, there is a certain delay about 10 seconds before you are unspotted again after you get out of detection range. The same applies to shooting too.

And yes, if the icon is an exclamation mark with a plane, then it means you are spotted by en enemy aircraft.

Beta Tester
62 posts
772 battles

Six sense is without delay or "very very" short, best practise to control this is inside your DD if you know your detection range.

I think, the only way to explain is, if you are spotted it counts for further 20 seconds, even if the distance is beyond your detection range.

Counting this and coming out behind an island could explain why the BB 9km away could spot me.

Edit:

10 sec or 20 sec. I am not 100% sure, I think I have read somewhere it is 20 sec.

Edited by Kiwi_NZ

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Torpedoes cannot spot ships, but a plane could.

Also firing your guns will give your position away, being lit on fire also increases your detectable range.

Edited by Halken_Sky