You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Alfreuson

Modules

8 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Typically "modules" are additions to ships that you can purchase for silver and place into slots. They do not require research to unlock. To remove one you have to destroy it or pay gold to have it removed intact. In this sense guns and AA mounts are not considered "modules".

Some ships have researchable gun upgrades which could technically be called a module as you can place it and remove it (why someone would want to downgrade I can't imagine) at will for no cost.

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

To be particular, the commander skill "preventative maintenance" (-34% to chance of incapacitation of modules).

To what parts of the ships does it actually take effect into? I mean yes, modules, but what parts are considered modules that benefit from the skill?

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

To be particular, the commander skill "preventative maintenance" (-34% to chance of incapacitation of modules).

To what parts of the ships does it actually take effect into? I mean yes, modules, but what parts are considered modules that benefit from the skill?

AFAIK - Engines & Steering Gear, not sure about turrets, mounts and torpedo tubes.

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

AFAIK - Engines & Steering Gear, not sure about turrets, mounts and torpedo tubes.

yeah, lots of "unclear" things in-game >_<

I really think we need some devs to clarify things, things that are almost impossible to test by ourselves >_<

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Typically "modules" are additions to ships that you can purchase for silver and place into slots. They do not require research to unlock. To remove one you have to destroy it or pay gold to have it removed intact. In this sense guns and AA mounts are not considered "modules".

Some ships have researchable gun upgrades which could technically be called a module as you can place it and remove it (why someone would want to downgrade I can't imagine) at will for no cost.

155mm on Cleveland and Mogami :hiding: