You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
7thSign

is it just me feel IJN CV torpedo bomber too OP?

33 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

At lower tiers this is unquestionably true.  Since 0.4.0 tier 4 and 5 IJN CVs have been having a field day, partly because of the severe lack of AA and partly because of the broken manual drop mechanic.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I totally agree, CVs are way too OP and it's impossible to either dodge torpedo salvos or think beforehand and maneuver my ship

into a position where it's harder for the CV to hit me.

After all torpedo bombers are hard to spot when I'm busy shooting stuff with my guns, thus I would ask torpedo damage to be halved,

or maybe give all ships AA guns to actually defend themselves.

I would also say that BB guns are way too OP, a single shot hits my DD and it just blows up, that's ridiculous.

DDs aren't the best armored ships in the world, true, but there should be a reasonable amount of survivability for gameplay's sake.

Considering it now, CAs need a nerf, their guns have super fast firing speed and deal massive damage, plus they always set their target on fire.

I would suggest to either double their reload time or remove some of the guns they have, balancing should always go over historical correctness in a videogame.

Thinking about it, DDs need a nerf, earlier today one of them hit my BB with a full salvo without it ever being spotted.

I was busy shooting that other BB at 18km range with my Myogi, just to suddenly die to torpedoes spawning out of nowhere,

that was when the DD finally got spotted way too late.

I would assume nerfing DD maneuverability and torpedo damage should be good start, maybe just remove torpedoes altogether

and make DDs all about guns, after all they were called "gun boats" historically.

Actually, there is one more thing, I really find it annoying that my ship always gets stranded at islands even when I try to steer it left or right.

It should'nt be possible to hit islands anyway, the helmsman would steer away without any orders and should do so in-game, too.

Maybe just add a feature to the game that "bumps" ships away from islands when they hit them, the game's only in OBT at the moment,

thus such minor/silly game mechanics should be okay.

Edit:

I also need more in-game complaints per day, teams in this game are bad and I think those useless players require punishment.

Edited by Retia

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I totally agree, CVs are way too OP and it's impossible to either dodge torpedo salvos or think beforehand and maneuver my ship

After all torpedo bombers are hard to spot when I'm busy shooting stuff with my guns, thus I would ask torpedo damage to be halved,

I would also say that BB guns are way too OP, a single shot hits my DD and it just blows up, that's ridiculous.

DDs aren't the best armored ships in the world, true, but there should be a reasonable amount of survivability for gameplay's sake.

Considering it now, CAs need a nerf, their guns have super fast firing speed and deal massive damage, plus they always set their target on fire.

I would suggest to either double their reload time or remove some of the guns they have, balancing should always go over historical correctness in a videogame.

Thinking about it, DDs need a nerf, earlier today one of them hit my BB with a full salvo without it ever being spotted.

I was busy shooting that other BB at 18km range with my Myogi, just to suddenly die to torpedoes spawning out of nowhere,

I would assume nerfing DD maneuverability and torpedo damage should be good start, maybe just remove torpedoes altogether

and make DDs all about guns, after all they were called "gun boats" historically.

Actually, there is one more thing, I really find it annoying that my ship always gets stranded at islands even when I try to steer it left or right.

It should'nt be possible to hit islands anyway, the helmsman would steer away without any orders and should do so in-game, too.

Maybe just add a feature to the game that "bumps" ships away from islands when they hit them, the game's only in OBT at the moment,

Dude. I can hear the sizzle from here.

sfPcfaI.jpg

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

Edit:

I also need more in-game complaints per day, teams in this game are bad and I think those useless players require punishment.

Your little spiel wilfully ignores the fact that the OP's complaint is justified.

4 posts
650 battles

Edit:

agree cv op nerf it plz

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Your little spiel wilfully ignores the fact that the OP's complaint is justified.

Why, of course it is, that's why I added my own input in hope to make the game a much more fulfilling experience for everyone.

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

Reduce torp damage for all ships overall. I'm sure there is enough data by now to see CV's get more XP per game regularly than any other ship in the game. For those kind of players who focus on their stats, the CV is the ship to turn to.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

Why, of course it is, that's why I added my own input in hope to make the game a much more fulfilling experience for everyone.

You did nothing of the sort.  What you did was try to discredit the OP by creating a series of false equivalences between the OP's complaint and other aspects of game play.  It was a cheap rhetorical stunt whereas the OP's complaint is about a severe game play imbalance that can and should be fixed.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

You did nothing of the sort.  What you did was try to discredit the OP by creating a series of false equivalences between the OP's complaint and other aspects of game play.  It was a cheap rhetorical stunt whereas the OP's complaint is about a severe game play imbalance that can and should be fixed.

My apologies, but I've yet to see you give any evidence of my suggestions not being based on reality, i.e. being false.

If you disagree with some or all of my statements then I will gladly read any substantiated opinion piece.

Beta Tester
4 posts
704 battles

Reduce torp damage for all ships overall. I'm sure there is enough data by now to see CV's get more XP per game regularly than any other ship in the game. For those kind of players who focus on their stats, the CV is the ship to turn to.

totally agree :great:

34 posts
306 battles

Get to high tier then come back, with all the AA guns its nigh impossible to put in a proper intended torpedo run, almost always for me to get a wider spread torpedo run. For low tier it only feels OP cause of the lack of AA. 

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Shameless plug.

Torpedo bombers drop their torpedoes at 0.5-1km, sure. But they have to have their attack orders locked in from 2-3km away, a pretty long distance (relatively speaking), and are visible from 7km+ away. Plenty of time to dodge if you have map awareness.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

Shameless plug.

Torpedo bombers drop their torpedoes at 0.5-1km, sure. But they have to have their attack orders locked in from 2-3km away, a pretty long distance (relatively speaking), and are visible from 7km+ away. Plenty of time to dodge if you have map awareness.

Unfortunately, that's nonsense.  I watch torpedo bombers like a hawk and I'm still getting caught.  Sometimes I can evade the first group but the second is the killer.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Unfortunately, that's nonsense.  I watch torpedo bombers like a hawk and I'm still getting caught.  Sometimes I can evade the first group but the second is the killer.

Sigh not this again.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Moving at full speed, I certainly do find that I have more than sufficient time to evade or mess up a carrier captain's attack runs. 

423 posts
3,175 battles

Moving at full speed, I certainly do find that I have more than sufficient time to evade or mess up a carrier captain's attack runs. 

BBs cannot zig-zag

And for [content removed] sake, all CAs loves to abandoned our ass for they lemming run...

And worse, the tactical discussion got poi-poi...

Profanity.  Post Edited.  User already sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking