Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Riou_Atreides

Upgrading Fighters in T6 and T7 CV IJN

11 comments in this topic

34 posts
306 battles

Since I do not really bother myself with the use of fighters, I've never gotten myself the Type6 mod. 3 and Mitsubishi A5M2 on my T6 Ryujo. So I was just wondering if I were to unlock/upgrade the T7 Hiryu (after getting the Hull Ryujo (B) and Ryujo © that is), will I get the Mitsubishi A5M2 for 'free' on my T6 Ryujo since Mitsubishi A5M2 is the stock fighters and having learned the T7 Hiryu, wouldn't it make sense?

930 posts

Yes, you would get the Type 96 for free when you get the Hiryu (but only if you purchased the Hiryu already). So if you're that kind of a CV player that doesn't even bother using fighters, I'd say good idea. But then you might need fighters at some point in your CV career so I guess you might want to get em before you get to Hiryu.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I'm not sure though, the stats of A5M is so pale compare to the A6M.

The A6M has 3 times DPS, and it's just 1 tier above :hiding: 

Also, what are you going to do with just 1 squad of Fighter that has same DPS as tier4 one at tier6? Might be better to trade that for an extra squad of Torpedo Bomber.

34 posts
306 battles

Yes, you would get the Type 96 for free when you get the Hiryu (but only if you purchased the Hiryu already). So if you're that kind of a CV player that doesn't even bother using fighters, I'd say good idea. But then you might need fighters at some point in your CV career so I guess you might want to get em before you get to Hiryu.

I'm not sure though, the stats of A5M is so pale compare to the A6M.

The A6M has 3 times DPS, and it's just 1 tier above :hiding: 

Also, what are you going to do with just 1 squad of Fighter that has same DPS as tier4 one at tier6? Might be better to trade that for an extra squad of Torpedo Bomber.

I think I didn't make myself clear. 

Will I get the Mitsubishi A5M2 unlocked/upgraded on the Ryujo despite not using any research points for it but instead going for the Hiryu where Mitsubishi A5M2 is the stock. 

930 posts

Fighter bait man, fighter bait.

you don't want to run out of planes quick against the enemy Indy

930 posts

Will I get the Mitsubishi A5M2 unlocked/upgraded on the Ryujo despite not using any research points for it but instead going for the Hiryu where Mitsubishi A5M2 is the stock. 

Yes,  you would.

Type 96 is the naval designation for the A5M if you got confused a bit.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I think I didn't make myself clear. 

I think I forgot to quote Yura's post there :hiding:

But yes, I'm interested to see if the modules are shared or not, so I recommend you not to get it until you unlock and purchases the Hiryu.

34 posts
306 battles

I think I forgot to quote Yura's post there :hiding:

But yes, I'm interested to see if the modules are shared or not, so I recommend you not to get it until you unlock and purchases the Hiryu.

Yea I am gonna test it out myself, if the module system is similar to the ones in WoT, there might be a possibility of getting 'free upgrades' (3200 research points for Mitsubishi A5M2) if the person can persevere through the pain, hue hue hue.

Beta Tester
62 posts
772 battles

Yes that's right, however you lost important XP for Captains skills.

If you think in general the next Ship is better, you are still facing opponents with better ships as well. ^^.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Yes that's right, however you lost important XP for Captains skills.

If you think in general the next Ship is better, you are still facing opponents with better ships as well. ^^.

It's not like you lost some unrecoverable exp skipping ahead anyway. :hiding:

IMO the Hiryuu is a much better CV than Ryujo. Ofcourse it's a tier higher, but what I mean is the upgrades to the Flight control and Fighter aircrafts that Hiryuu has compare to the Ryujo (Ryujo's only viable Flight Control is Bomber setup, while Hiryuu has a good Balanced setup but also Bomber setup too).

And not to mention Hiryu's vastly increased hangar capacity, allowing you to afford more losses.

Sign in to follow this