You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Col_Havoc

TheBigWorld Client error

10 comments in this topic

15 posts
349 battles

Hi, 

I've been encountering this problem since yesterday. If anyone else is having this problem or has a solution to this problem, please help me :(

My wows screen will just freeze and when I press alt+tab, I get an error message that says: TheBigWorld Client has encountered an unhandled exception and must close (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION: OXC0000005 @ OX13A46F6)

Please please please, devs out there, maybe you can help me :(

Thans!

-H

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Step 1. Make sure you meet the system requirements.

Step 2. Make sure all your graphics drivers are up to date.

Step 3. Make sure DirectX is up to date. I believe you also need to have DirectX 9 installed.

Start the game again after checking all of this. If it still doesn't start, do a fresh install.

If it still doesn't start after the fresh install, check steps 1-3 again.

15 posts
349 battles

all my drivers and softwares are up to date. I've been playing and I have noticed that when my Internet connection becomes unstable, I experience the error. But the prompt warning doesn't seem to have any relationship with the connection.

I'm running on an AMD A10 processor with r5 radeon graphics and 4 gigs of ram. I also have directX11 installed and updated already

15 posts
349 battles

Do you have DirectX 9 (not 11) installed and updated?

Also, if you're running an AMD card, try disabling Crossfire.

hmmm... so directx 9 and 11 are different... that's new to me

I don't have crossfire. I have Radeon Dual Graphics

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Directx 11 is built in to Windows 7 and 8 (and soon 10), but not all of the required files for games are there, Directx 9 has the files, and is why we say to update Directx9

15 posts
349 battles

so I tried installing directX9... and it says that I needed windows 98, 2000, or xp. lol. I didn't have this problem during the closed beta test. It is only now in the open beta test that I experienced this... So sad.

DirectX9 only for windows xp.JPG