You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Muds_Revenge

Zee Germans are coming.

44 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Can anyone give us a time frame?.

I'd like to give you my money now, if you put a decent ship in the premium shop, (high tier for credit farming, MUST HAVE AA GUNS). oh lols.

I don't plan on grinding any BB class unless it's german, their cruisers will have some very famous named ships too.

Any word on whether there will be E boats and PT boats?.

Oh this is exciting. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Can anyone give us a time frame?.

I'd like to give you my money now, if you put a decent ship in the premium shop, (high tier for credit farming, MUST HAVE AA GUNS). oh lols.

I don't plan on grinding any BB class unless it's german, their cruisers will have some very famous named ships too.

Any word on whether there will be E boats and PT boats?.

Oh this is exciting. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve.

1.  soontm

2.  up to you

3.  nope - classes as we have now - BB(BC)/CA & CL/CV/DD(DE)

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

But no torpedo boots. Too awkward to implement in game.

I play this game purely because one day I will be able to research the Scharnhorst (or maybe buy the Gneisenau), and then re-enact my channel dash fantasies. The sooner that day comes, the better.

Alpha Tester
44 posts
3,378 battles

I play this game purely because one day I will be able to research the Scharnhorst (or maybe buy the Gneisenau), and then re-enact my channel dash fantasies. The sooner that day comes, the better.

that would be a great Historical scenario to play

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

that would be a great Historical scenario to play

Dodge the mines and torpedo bombers? It'd be pretty dull really, the Brits were caught with their pants around their ankles and didnt manage to get most of their defensive assets into position.

As a semi-historical "what if" scenario though it'd be pretty good, trying to blaze through several squadrons of destroyers and a couple of shore gunnery positions while dodging incoming air attacks would make for a pretty hectic match.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

The first ship will most likely be the Bismark, since the model is already in your client.

Have not heard when it will be implemented yet.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Darn it, I thought you had info the German lines was coming. -1 for making me excited :(

Edited by Windforce

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

The first ship will most likely be the Bismark, since the model is already in your client.

Have not heard when it will be implemented yet.

Have they changed the regular tech tree priorities yet, or is it still Russians first, then Brits, then Krauts? Would not be surprised to see Bismarck within a few months, but theres just no time frame on the regular tech tree at all.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Its going to be probably fun seeing the current cruisers struggle against Deutschland and its probably going to wreak havoc with its 11 inch guns which is already battlecruiser grade guns.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Deutschland will probably be well up the tech tree, the 8" armed cruisers will be able to put pretty good holes into her (the armour on a Deutschland is not designed for that sort of thing), and theyre relatively slow by WWII cruiser standards. Likely wont be OP, but will have pretty stronk gunnery for a cruiser. And torps :hiding:.

The Scharnhorst class is also confusing. Tonnage of a BB, but the guns are only 11"  and deck mounted torps were added in '42. They'll likely have to go with the planned 15" gun upgrades and axe the torp mounts to balance them. Its either that or give us the most OP cruisers ever built (lack of Alaska class suggests no, why are all the cool things not available?).

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Deutschland will probably be well up the tech tree, the 8" armed cruisers will be able to put pretty good holes into her (the armour on a Deutschland is not designed for that sort of thing), and theyre relatively slow by WWII cruiser standards. Likely wont be OP, but will have pretty stronk gunnery for a cruiser. And torps :hiding:.

The Scharnhorst class is also confusing. Tonnage of a BB, but the guns are only 11"  and deck mounted torps were added in '42. They'll likely have to go with the planned 15" gun upgrades and axe the torp mounts to balance them. Its either that or give us the most OP cruisers ever built (lack of Alaska class suggests no, why are all the cool things not available?).

I only need to see the Alaska and South Dakota and I'm going to eyegasm and gather monies. 

speaking of which, since Scharnhorst (I think her prelim is at tier VII back then at NA) is a battlecruiser sans battleship type, its probably going to be given modernization hax just like the Amagi which surprisingly had a planned 1940's retrofit should she had been sailing. that or they're going to soup up her guns to match the battleships Nagato and Colorado which pack 16 inch guns.

most likely the more solid battleships will probably be the H43 at tier X and H40 at tier IX.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

Hopefully Derfflinger will be in the line up (Although it is a BC).

Im waiting for Graf Spee as well, to re-enact the dash to safety........so to speak he he!

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

I only need to see the Alaska and South Dakota and I'm going to eyegasm and gather monies. 

speaking of which, since Scharnhorst (I think her prelim is at tier VII back then at NA) is a battlecruiser sans battleship type, its probably going to be given modernization hax just like the Amagi which surprisingly had a planned 1940's retrofit should she had been sailing. that or they're going to soup up her guns to match the battleships Nagato and Colorado which pack 16 inch guns.

most likely the more solid battleships will probably be the H43 at tier X and H40 at tier IX.

The Scharnhorst will likely precede whichever tier the Bismarck is in as a BB, which would make them... tier 7? They'd probably be pretty decent at that tier as fast BBs with the 15" guns.

Also, if you like Alaska, you should check out Joe Stalins attempts to Russian bias his navy. I give you the Stalingrad Class! (modest wasnt he?).

Super Tester
1,677 posts

The Scharnhorst will likely precede whichever tier the Bismarck is in as a BB, which would make them... tier 7? They'd probably be pretty decent at that tier as fast BBs with the 15" guns.

Also, if you like Alaska, you should check out Joe Stalins attempts to Russian bias his navy. I give you the Stalingrad Class! (modest wasnt he?).

actually, the Stalingrad looks nice. I have no idea how to game stat that thing but its most likely their tier X Fast Battleship since every battlecruiser in this game is shacked up with the battleships and reformatted to fast battleships so its not surprising if the Scharnhorst would have anything in the German Archives that had plans to make it into a fast battleship reformat that will probably force it to pack 15 inch guns unless the hull can take a bigger complement of guns.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Stalingrad looks awesome. Decent AA armament, 35knt top speed and strong main armament means it could wreck cruiser face and still get in good damage against BBs with a bit of clever play. I kinda hoped BCs would be their own thing, but sadly most nations just dont have the BB complement to flesh out their lines. Which is a pity, because Id say Alaska and Stalingrad have no place in the game currently. Theyre too OP for the cruiser lines and would be a somewhat inconsistent with the normal BB playstyle (less armour, smaller caliber quick firing dakka, much more speed).

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

I'm just hoping they give German CV's Ju-87 Stukas as dive bombers and make it that when they dive on you, you hear their Jericho sirens.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Stalingrad looks awesome. Decent AA armament, 35knt top speed and strong main armament means it could wreck cruiser face and still get in good damage against BBs with a bit of clever play. I kinda hoped BCs would be their own thing, but sadly most nations just dont have the BB complement to flesh out their lines. Which is a pity, because Id say Alaska and Stalingrad have no place in the game currently. Theyre too OP for the cruiser linesould be a somewhat inconsistent with the normal BB playstyle (less armour, smaller caliber quick firing dakka, much more speed).

Alaska can be treated as a fast battleship though. if the Ruskies have these type of ships or the French had design studies for it, the game statting would go a way. putting the battlecruiser on the cruiser line means they would be insanely solid for their line but to be fair, they would be doing what they were intended to do which is cruiser killing. that or they will get away with the reason that certain capital ships without known fast battleship reformats such as Scharnhorst, Stalingrad and Alaska behave like superheavy cruisers, then we will have problems with that feasibility concept.

regarding this, I did start a discussion about surface ship splitting in surface ship branch discussion and you can put your thoughts in there since even the RUdevs did say they treat Scharnhorst as a battlecruiser at one point. that topic I put more emphasis on the cruiser split as some light cruisers can reach tier VIII if not X. Germany has some of the more solid cruisers that are rightfully called 'pocket battleships' for that thought alone. Scharnhorst at tier VII is already good since the most likely thing for Bismarck- I mean Tirpitz at that point is tier VIII.

also, if we stat Graf Zeppelin in-game, she most likely will have hard to kill dive bombers if the lulzy notion of putting seaborne Stukas were real.

Edited by EvyL

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

also, if we stat Graf Zeppelin in-game, she most likely will have hard to kill dive bombers if the lulzy notion of putting seaborne Stukas were real.

The C models of Stukas were designed to be carrier borne.