You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Snadeko

Moving Commander?

10 comments in this topic

6 posts
600 battles

Well just exactly like the title, can I change the commander from older ship to my new bought one? Because the old commander have higher skill level than the new bought commander, that i don't want to waste it. And show me how to do that (with a detailed guide is fine), I'm a very newcomer, haven't played CBT at all.

Thank you!

//sorry for my bad English, and sorry if this thread is posted in wrong place :)

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Yes, you can. Left click on the commander's portrait to bring up the commander menu. Then, under his portrait, you can select another ship's commander to move them over.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Firstly Press on the place where the commander is supposedly to be, and then you will enter a Skill screen where all the commander skill is displayed.

Then just under it you should see two columns: One is from Barracks and One is from your current ships. Choose the commander you wanted to put in your new ship.

It will show you a message where you need to retrain your commander. Press on the Commander again and you will see the option to retrain them.

500 Doubloons to Fully retrain a Commander, 200000 Credits for a Half Retrained (You need to fill up the experience bar first before start gaining Crew XP again), and the free one you will need to play through the Whole retrain process.

Remember, a Completely un-retrained commander or even just missing 1 Crew XP to Fully retrain your commander will cause a 50% penalty on your skill. However, some skill like Situation awareness will not work at all, so you can decide whether you want to spend Credit to halve the retain process or even Fully retrain your commander.

Hope that helps you!

Refer the the Newcomer Section, A lot of experienced CBT/Alpha Testers or even Supertesters are happy to help you.:honoring:

Edited by Alvin1020

6 posts
600 battles

If my commander have 3 unspent skillpoints, then I move him to other ship, and half-retrain him, then what will happen? Will he keep these points (or there will be some penalty like only 2 sp left?)?

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

He will keep the skill but with a 50 percent penalty. Some skill may not work at all, BTW.

You will need to gain enough Crew XP to let it fully retrain, after that you will be able to gain Crew XP for skills again.

Edited by Alvin1020

6 posts
600 battles

then when we play him to fully retrain those penaltied skills will restore? and we can continue grinding for crew xp again?

starting to get it, thank guys :honoring:

Edited by Snadeko

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

then when we play him to fully retrain those penaltied skills will restore? and we can continue grinding for crew xp again?

starting to get it, thank guys :honoring:

Yes.

Not fully retrained - 50% penalty/Not work at all for skills (But you keep the skill untouched) - Fully retrained, All perks/Skills will work again and you can start grinding Skill again.

3 posts

I have a Q about the retraining and moving commanders, if I have a Langley, then buy the next ship, move the commander over to it and retrain him, sell my Langley. am I able to rebuy the Langley again and place my commander on it without needing to retrain him again considering he has already commanded a Langley before or do u need to retrain for everything? just seems strange that if he has served on that ship before and goes to another that he wont need to retrain again to go back to it.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I have a Q about the retraining and moving commanders, if I have a Langley, then buy the next ship, move the commander over to it and retrain him, sell my Langley. am I able to rebuy the Langley again and place my commander on it without needing to retrain him again considering he has already commanded a Langley before or do u need to retrain for everything? just seems strange that if he has served on that ship before and goes to another that he wont need to retrain again to go back to it.

Nah, when you start retraining your commander on the new ship, he "forgets" how to command the previous ship. :hiding: