Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Snagglepuss

OMFG yes its a whine thread

25 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
44 posts
695 battles

Seriously wtf is up??

I simply cant get any wins, i am getting games with zero teamwork and everyone staying at the back.

I go with a flank attack and as soon as i start engaging with the other ships my so called useless team  mates run away and let me die, instead of pressing on and finishing a smaller number of ships.

This is beyond a flamin joke already, just going back to bots again because these brainless nitiwits who cant play tanks have come to warships.

ZERO strategic thinking, zero teamwork, zero of anything that comprehends how to play for a win.

Of course I knew it was coming, still i hoped but after another 2 days of pubbing its just driving me barmy.

3 wins in 2 days i think.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Ahem. As per protocol I am the designated "whiner" on these forums :trollface:

Sadly mate welcome to online gaming. only once have i had a team communicate to achieve a victory. Language is a massive boundary for Asia region.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Just as an aside, typically, the only common factor between every single match you play...is you.

Yes, you're thrown into random teams. You can't control that. Neither, though, can any other player in the game. The most we can do is find up to two skilled players and division up with them, to try to have some known quantities on the team. But in general? Every other player in the game is subject to the same matchmaking and the same limitations as you are. And everyone is going to be dealing with the same crap in their matches.

So what can you do? The easy answer is to get better. Improve your firing accuracy. Get your average damage per battle up. Go after targets your ship was designed to kill to maximize your own team's survival. Don't get yourself killed early on. Rely on yourself first, and then your team. Speak out in team-chat, try your best to coordinate. As long as one or two other players listen, you can affect your team's chances of success tangibly by stepping up to coordinate. If your team is running away? Don't be silly, don't keep on charging forward on your own unless its like, an enemy on your base in a standard battle and you desperately need to reset. Turn around, try to regroup your team, try to kill something on the other team, stay alive so you can contribute.

Sure. You may do everything right and still lose. But that's the nature of team-based online games without premade teams. But whenever that happens, you should be able to look at your gameplay and honestly, really honestly say: I did everything I could.

And if you're still mad after that, take a break, go outside, get some fresh air, do something else. At the end of the day, it's just a game. Why get so mad over it?

tl;dr get gud, carry harder.

Edited by Syanda

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Grinding US Cruisers.

3 Confederate in a row and a High Caliber as well.

Guess what? All lost :)

I think I am done with this game for a few days.

L7yMoNB.jpgOt6z4qv.jpg

PXwpHdt.jpg

You can't impact a game as much no matter how good you are compare to say in a Aircraft game/Tanks game. Ships moves way to slowly to deal with unexpected situations.

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
131 posts
1,450 battles

Just as an aside, typically, the only common factor between every single match you play...is you.

Yes, you're thrown into random teams. You can't control that. Neither, though, can any other player in the game. The most we can do is find up to two skilled players and division up with them, to try to have some known quantities on the team. But in general? Every other player in the game is subject to the same matchmaking and the same limitations as you are. And everyone is going to be dealing with the same crap in their matches.

So what can you do? The easy answer is to get better. Improve your firing accuracy. Get your average damage per battle up. Go after targets your ship was designed to kill to maximize your own team's survival. Don't get yourself killed early on. Rely on yourself first, and then your team. Speak out in team-chat, try your best to coordinate. As long as one or two other players listen, you can affect your team's chances of success tangibly by stepping up to coordinate. If your team is running away? Don't be silly, don't keep on charging forward on your own unless its like, an enemy on your base in a standard battle and you desperately need to reset. Turn around, try to regroup your team, try to kill something on the other team, stay alive so you can contribute.

Sure. You may do everything right and still lose. But that's the nature of team-based online games without premade teams. But whenever that happens, you should be able to look at your gameplay and honestly, really honestly say: I did everything I could.

And if you're still mad after that, take a break, go outside, get some fresh air, do something else. At the end of the day, it's just a game. Why get so mad over it?

Unbelievably great advice.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Given the current derptastic playerbase, its worth focusing on personal performance rather than winning, and wait for the general pubbie masses to sort their shit out. Eventually it'll get to the point where teams wont do overtly stupid things all the time, and then you can worry about WR again.

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Seriously wtf is up??

I simply cant get any wins, i am getting games with zero teamwork and everyone staying at the back.

I go with a flank attack and as soon as i start engaging with the other ships my so called useless team  mates run away and let me die, instead of pressing on and finishing a smaller number of ships.

This is beyond a flamin joke already, just going back to bots again because these brainless nitiwits who cant play tanks have come to warships.

ZERO strategic thinking, zero teamwork, zero of anything that comprehends how to play for a win.

Of course I knew it was coming, still i hoped but after another 2 days of pubbing its just driving me barmy.

Next time jump in the forum warriors Chanel and toon up with some peeps 

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts

Seriously wtf is up??

Everything you mentioned is why I only play PvE.

Always played PvE

Will continue to play PvE

Will NEVER play PvP!

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Everything you mentioned is why I only play PvE.

Always played PvE

Will continue to play PvE

Will NEVER play PvP!

so, EvacuateBowel PvE literally craps all over PvP :trollface::trollface::trollface:

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Seriously wtf is up??

I know your pain mate. If you need a refresher side dish ( and some English speak) set up an account on the NA server. I've been playing quite a bit with my brother, who lives over there, this week. Ping is as good, if not better, as Asia at the moment. Gameplay is much better as well.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
390 posts
3,801 battles

Next time jump in the forum warriors Chanel and toon up with some peeps 

Be interesting to see who is in that channel and are "warriors" 

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Be interesting to see who is in that channel and are "warriors" 

I'm in it. But i'm more like a whinewarrior.

[ADM_L]
Beta Tester
279 posts
895 battles

I know your pain mate. If you need a refresher side dish ( and some English speak) set up an account on the NA server. I've been playing quite a bit with my brother, who lives over there, this week. Ping is as good, if not better, as Asia at the moment. Gameplay is much better as well.

But be prepared: I hear they replace teamwork with insults over there. And speaking the same language means you hear all of it. ALL of it. 

Alpha Tester
982 posts

But be prepared: I hear they replace teamwork with insults over there. And speaking the same language means you hear all of it. ALL of it. 

I've yet to experiance that mate.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Aren't i lucky that i've only had a single loss :hiding:

Only played a single game? I have noticed that the influx of newbies has left you utterly at the mercy of your team currently. Hopefully it'll even out over the next week or so, without returning to the draw heavy meta that plagued beta.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

It will get better because it can't get any worse. (OMG I hope I didn't just put the jinx in :amazed:)

Beta Tester
57 posts
145 battles

Only played a single game? I have noticed that the influx of newbies has left you utterly at the mercy of your team currently. Hopefully it'll even out over the next week or so, without returning to the draw heavy meta that plagued beta.

a 'few' more

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts

It will get better because it can't get any worse. (OMG I hope I didn't just put the jinx in :amazed:)

It's not too bad in PvE.

People don't seem to do all the things that they are renowned to do in PvP.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

It's not too bad in PvE.

People don't seem to do all the things that they are renowned to do in PvP.

They also dont get the same credit and XP rewards as people do in PvP

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts

They also dont get the same credit and XP rewards as people do in PvP

Not worried about that at all.

Ok, it may take longer to grind, but at least I won't go insane with all the muppet practices on PvP!

Sign in to follow this