You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CRH380AL

How about giving radar scanning ability to US cv

18 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
16 posts
5,717 battles

Now things are clear that IJN cv is surely OP in current version . Since IJN cv own more groups of planes and their bombers have better speed comparing with US bombers, it is  hard for US fighters to catch IJN bombers. You dont know where they come from and by the time you find their bombers your fighters wont be able to intercept them before they drop their torps and bombs. IJN cv can always find chance to hit your teammates hard and fast and then the balance is ruined.

I suggest giving US cv a unique radar scanning ability. When the ability is activated US cv can spot all planes within a range of 25km and it lasts for 30secs and got a cold down of 4 minutes. This ability allows US cv players to deploy their fighters where they are needed (it is really hisorical since US and UK take great great advantage in radar technology during ww2.)

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

view range/detection range already takes into account the various technologies available to the classes, including the mark 1 eyeball.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

That is OP though, the ability to scan the map with such radius.

Also, USN Fighter can't catch IJN Bombers? the hell are you smoking dude?

Also.

Since IJN cv own more groups of planes and their bombers have better speed comparing with US bombers, it is  hard for US fighters to catch IJN bombers

You wot m8? You mean US Bombers are Fighters? :P

And beside, USN CV have the Fighter loadout, you'll slaughter any aircraft squadron anyway. Unless you are going up against someone higher tier, in that case it's understandable if you can't stop them.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Sorry but he right , us fighters cannot slaughter jap ones , wtf are you on about , you can engage and after couple min kill a squad , but he has 3 other squad you can't engage , so the bs that jap planes are easy kill is a load of bs

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Sorry but he right , us fighters cannot slaughter jap ones , wtf are you on about , you can engage and after couple min kill a squad , but he has 3 other squad you can't engage , so the bs that jap planes are easy kill is a load of bs

So if an USN CV can engage all IJN squads at once, what are IJN CV supposed to do? They don't have any reasonably competitive fighter loadout to fight with.

Blame it on WG for enforcing this in Carriers. All nations should have proper balance loadout.

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

It's no just a cv issue , mm is s really big issue , 1v1 same tier is pretty even but anything else is very 1 sided

Beta Tester
16 posts
5,717 battles

That is OP though, the ability to scan the map with such radius.

Also, USN Fighter can't catch IJN Bombers? the hell are you smoking dude?

Also.

You wot m8? You mean US Bombers are Fighters? :P

And beside, USN CV have the Fighter loadout, you'll slaughter any aircraft squadron anyway. Unless you are going up against someone higher tier, in that case it's understandable if you can't stop them.

Dont make such comment before you have a try on US cv,  do you have games with those experienced IJN cv players? IJN cv is already OP.You will truly understand the problem when you reaches Lex even Essex or Midway. IJN cv player is not noob, he wont send his planes directly to your fighters, he hide his torp bombers and wait patiently and use his divebombers or fighters to draw your fighters from his target. The map is big and US cv dont have enough fighters squardons to search and cover the area . Due to the high speed of IJN bombers they can easily dodge US fighters so IJN cv player can always find chance to hit your teammates. What s more, high tier IJN bombers own very good surviabilty and US fighters dont have enough firepower and ammo to shoot them down.

The US cv line is  dead, In OBT asia there are much more IJN cv players than US cv players. IJN cv need nerf and US cv need buff.

Beta Tester
16 posts
5,717 battles

Thats kinda unfair as Japanese plane can be easily slaughtered by US fighters.

In low tier room, it is true that US fighter can slaughter IJN bombers. From tier 8 to tier 10, IJN bombers are hard to catch due to their high speed.

34 posts
306 battles

Dont make such comment before you have a try on US cv,  do you have games with those experienced IJN cv players? IJN cv is already OP.You will truly understand the problem when you reaches Lex even Essex or Midway. IJN cv player is not noob, he wont send his planes directly to your fighters, he hide his torp bombers and wait patiently and use his divebombers or fighters to draw your fighters from his target. The map is big and US cv dont have enough fighters squardons to search and cover the area . Due to the high speed of IJN bombers they can easily dodge US fighters so IJN cv player can always find chance to hit your teammates. What s more, high tier IJN bombers own very good surviabilty and US fighters dont have enough firepower and ammo to shoot them down.

The US cv line is  dead, In OBT asia there are much more IJN cv players than US cv players. IJN cv need nerf and US cv need buff.

Why IJN CV need nerf? Just buff USN CV that's all...

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

In low tier room, it is true that US fighter can slaughter IJN bombers. From tier 8 to tier 10, IJN bombers are hard to catch due to their high speed.

high tier IJN CV may be OP

but the low tier IJN CV is definitely UP

useless fighters, awful TB with the disgusting torpedo dispersion

your fighters are drawn away by DB?then that's YOUR problem, DB deals very few damage, why do you chase them?

IJN CV have crap AA, you can put all fighters directly above his ship

then none of his bombers can attack as they'll be down when they're still climbing

also,

US can have 3 fighter squad, you can spread it to cover all area, what if IJN CV go with 3 TB together?then 3 fighter together!

you keep saying US fighter can't cover all and IJN CV still HAVE CHANCE to attack

(actually, US fighter can really cover the whole map)

then what do you expect?IJN CV shouldn't be able to deal even 1 damage when there's US CV on the other side?

That's not balancing, you're just asking WG to turn IJN CV into garbage

people play IJN CV due to the better income, what WG should do is buff US CV's income, but not nerfing IJN

930 posts

Which wouldn't be a problem for Banshees. Although the major problem of Banshees are (ironically) enemy fighters especially low tier ones due to the dogfighting CO perk.

anyways, if you ought to give one particular class and nation a skill, what will you give on the IJN part?

Edited by IJN_Yura

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Okay so, I might not have played high tier carriers, but I'm giving my opinion on carrier gameplay anyway:

- Carrier gameplay is about achieving Air Superiority, while providing attacks against surface ship. CV could perform either task, or both depending on their squadron loadouts. After IJN CV was introduced, WG enforced roles as a way to differentiate nation-specific carriers, with IJN focuses on Bombing while USN on Air superiority. 

- However, the game reward system is designed in the way that shooting down planes gives little to no reward. Because of this, and the way WG changed Fighter mechanics (both via stats and loadout configs), Fighters have become underpowered. With the introduction of Bomber-heavy setups, things was made worse. Thus, you rarely see anyone go for Air superiority because the loadout have insufficient strike capability after you achieved Air superiority (even worse when MM doesn't put any CV on enemy team), and because Fighters were nerfed. Nerfed Fighter ammunition capacity, and the increased number of Bombers from Strike setup means that it's usually more effective to counter Strike Carriers with your own Bomber instead of Fighter setups, thus now Carrier gameplay become " Who can kill enemy CV first" and "Who can deal more damage to enemy ships".

- Quite a number of Carriers don't have good loadouts to perform their role, mainly for the Balanced and Air superiority setups. Most IJN CV were restricted from Air superiority role (with exception of tier10), and because of their inferior Fighter quantity and quality means that their most effective choice is to just go all Bomber setup. USN CV however, even with their Air superiority setup, don't quite have enough Fighter power to stop a full-scale attack from IJN Bombers, due to reduced Fighter squad count compare to old Fighter loadout and reduced Ammunition count. Thus it boils down to who can kill enemy CV first with Bombs again, and ofcourse IJN would win this one, turning the OP blame against them. Things were further worsen with the nerf to CV self-defense capability, with their giant turn radius and reduced AA defense.

- WG wanted to specialize Carrier lines to make them more unique to play, but I think they way they did it right now doesn't work.

Personal opinion on solution: Well maybe later...

Radar scanning is actually an interesting thing, but I think there are other better ways that should be tested first. Maybe reducing Strike capability of Bomber loadouts, and Increase viability of Fighters.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Last time I checked both the Essex's(F8F) and Midway's(F2H) Fighters have a higher cruise speed then any IJN bomber.

I see two outcomes if this is implemented: 

1) The IJN player knows that you activated your RADAR due to his forward aircraft(be it fighters or DBs) and plays cat and mouse with you for 30secs(Since you know... US fighters can't catch IJN bombers) and then repositions his strike group to attack. So this would only delay the inevitable.

2) The USN player is able to intercept/cage the IJN's bomber group rendering it useless with just one ability.

Are the IJN bomber loadout OP? In a way yes but not "end of the world OMG this game is borked" broken. Its similar to how people viewed IJN BBs as overpowered since they had 20km+ range compared to USN's/RN's BBs, once more nations are added, things might change up.

Can a USN CV deal with a IJN's Bomber loadout? Yes if he knows where to position his fighters, it will cause a headache for the IJN player + Their CVs have great AA cablities meaning if a IJN player is indecive with his run its gonna cost him way more compared to attacking a IJN CV.

Could the USN need a buff? Yes I whole heartily agree that the USN CVs need a buff as they seem lackluster compared to their IJN counterparts, but giving them an ability that totally negates a key element to any bomber-focused CV is not the right solution.

How would I solve this? Tbh I can't give you an answer atm, I'm still thinking of a balanced way.

And before you say I have no clue what I'm talking about:

cikZaiB.png

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

while i partly agree with this, i don't agree with your radar suggestion since it is OP. I believe USN carriers need a buff right now as they are outmatched and outclassed by IJN setup vs setup (balanced vs balanced, strike vs strike, air vs air). --tier 8-10

i've already seen midway and I have seen midway vs hakuryu and guess what? midway is a weak upgrade from essex(side note: wtf is that concealment). hakuryu's OP 4-2-2 set up matches(sometimes overpower) midway's 3-0-2 with banshee, that changes when IJN get the Air Superiority Skill as they gain more advantage and becomes more RNG friendly than their counterpart.

The thing is when a USN goes for the 3-0-2 setup, he loses virtually ALL of his damage capability(torpedos), experience gain, credit gain, team help, while hakuryu retains its 2 torpedo bombers and divers from its balanced(stock) setup. > This right here is what causes the big imbalance between the two nations.  I have already given a suggestion in Developer's section about flight controls that will hopefully get read and help reduce the imbalance.

btw these are based from a lot of experience in CV, check my profile to see. CV gameplay for IJNs have changed since CBT and they now opt for the air superiority setup in high tier. few players have reached tier 9-10 and most of them ( i think i'm the only one here) are not even using forums nor do they give feedbacks/care.

Edited by Deicide

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

The way i see the carriers situation now is very easy

• In low tier matches, i had been to matches where one of the teams did not have carriers at all. Hence, the (usually) IJN carriers will run amok and sinking ships left and right guaranteeing major xp and credit gain.
  • In medium tier matches, where there are more and more sighting of Clevelands, competent captain can destroy two IJN torp bombers with their active AA skills. Couple that with USN ships gain more and more powerful AA, it ensures that the grind will be terrible for carriers in medium tiers.
  • USN low tier carriers are awful but not in term of planes loadout. They are fricking slow. Up until Bogue, the US carriers are very hard to use and have slow speed. This would put them behind the fleet and prone to enemy ambush. Coupled with the lack of incentive to use fighters loadout, US Carriers will only be useful in clan matches where their superior fighters can ensure total air superiority.
  • This is in contrast with Hosho which i find more manouvrable, and i was able to dodge several torp wave. I can't say the same when i'm in US T4-T5 carrier. You usually pray to deity that the torp wave misses.
  • There's this annoying bugs that caused your fighters to stop moving whenever there's a fighter scout targeting. You can't cancel the animation and disengage, so you need to engage the fighter scout, shoot it down and move away.