Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LtZetarn

Idea about another "Modernization Equipment" that should be in game

13 comments in this topic

[WOLF]
Alpha Tester
60 posts
3,641 battles

It's "Improve Torpedo Belt"

Improve Medium Torpedo Belt - Price : 1,250,000 - Only Light Cruiser - Decrease damage done by torpedoes 25%

Improve Heavy Torpedo Belt - Price : 1,500,000 - Only Heavy Cruiser and Aircraft Carrier - Decrease damage done by torpedoes 30%

Improve Super Heavy Torpedo Belt - Price : 2,000,000 - Only Battleship & Tier VIII+ Aircraft Carrier - Decrease damage done by torpedoes 35%

Only Destroyer class cannot install Improve Torpedo Belt

All of this equipment will have it downside by make the ship turn slower about 3/4/5 deg/s due to the increase weight of the ship.

It will act like "Spall Liner" from World of Tanks that make some ship with slow speed for have more chance from CV's Torps Run

Edited by LtZetarn

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Believe me, if they can Remove those Bulge, they will do it

As Not get any hit by any torpedoes is far better than hit by the Reduced one

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

More like "Improvised Bulge Armor - Light/Medium/Heavy/Super Heavy"

But... Didn't the price is too expensive? For a Light Cruiser (either light or medium equipment) it should be around 500,000, and for Heavy 750,000. For the Heavy Battleships like Iowa or Yamato, it only can mount Super Heavy - Improvised Bulge Armor with price 1,000,000.

Again, if WG will add it...

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Sound interesting :D:D:D

So it harder for CV to take down BB and the effect on CL and CA is not that great since they cannot absorb many torps hits anyways.

hope WG looking in to this idea ;)   

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Or just wait until WG finally re-balances/fixes CV gameplay in patch 0.8.6. when hell freezes.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Or just wait until WG finally re-balances/fixes CV gameplay in patch 0.8.6. when hell freezes.

Don't get me wrong at the moment i think CVs are fine (may be a little bit hard to handle in low tiers cuz lack of the AA gun on low tier ship) but some player seem like to have the trouble dealing with all the aircraft and this mod seem like one of the way out, Thats my point. :D:D:D     
Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Don't get me wrong at the moment i think CVs are fine

Compared to alpha, where you had to have fighters in order to atleast achieve anything?

Nah, atm it's just going full bomber loadout, avoid the 1-2 fighter squads and enjoy the damage numbers.

Not using fighters used to have a huge punishment when facing a CV with fighters, especially with the old 3 fighter AS setup on US CVs.

Now the best a 2 fighter CV will get when facing any somewhat experienced opponent is a couple dozen revenge kills, yay and in the worst 

case he'll be absentminded enough to shoot down an entire squadron instead of leaving 1 plane per squad, almost instantly resupplied bombers ftw \o/

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Compared to alpha, where you had to have fighters in order to atleast achieve anything?

Nah, atm it's just going full bomber loadout, avoid the 1-2 fighter squads and enjoy the damage numbers.

Not using fighters used to have a huge punishment when facing a CV with fighters, especially with the old 3 fighter AS setup on US CVs.

Now the best a 2 fighter CV will get when facing any somewhat experienced opponent is a couple dozen revenge kills, yay and in the worst 

case he'll be absentminded enough to shoot down an entire squadron instead of leaving 1 plane per squad, almost instantly resupplied bombers ftw \o/

I can't say it in CV player perspective cuz i never play CVs even once lol (i really bad at RTS game and the way that CVs play anoyed me)

But the way that WG balance CVs (wider spread torps, Manual attack etc.) and the way that WG buff other ships ( Turning radius, AA effective etc.) it seem that CVs are not as much as powerful to other ships as before.

And the topic is about equipment's that would be mount on other ship not CVs, So discuss about CVs vs CVs its irrelevance here i think. :D:D:D   

Edit: juz saw that Zetarn suggest that it could be mount on CVs so yea my bad Sorry. lol

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

go play more CV games pls, you'll be surprised to find the new meta for IJN CVs at high tier is the air superiority load. its extremely powerful with air superiority captain skill(5 figther/squad) the only way a USN CV can match it is go for mod. 3 and sacrifice all torpedo bombers.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Many ships have their torpedo bulges installed by default. Some hull upgrades also improves those bulges.

Introducing those bulges as equipment might turn out the way they did with engine upgrade. (nerfing the ship so that you can upgrade it, which costs more exp or credits :hiding:)

Unless those bulge upgrades are additional improvement, I'd vote no.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

go play more CV games pls, you'll be surprised to find the new meta for IJN CVs at high tier is the air superiority load. its extremely powerful with air superiority captain skill(5 figther/squad) the only way a USN CV can match it is go for mod. 3 and sacrifice all torpedo bombers.

The Essex was never a problem even after the re-balance/focus on bombing patch.

It still had the 3 fighter squads, which enabled it to secure the entire map against the two bomber loadouts.

The Midway has the same loadout with 3 fighter squads available, hence not a problem either.

However everything below that only has 2 fighter squads available (Not counting the Langley),

which is simply not enough to cover enough of the map to intercept bombers before they drop their loadout.

The same goes for the japanese carriers, I assume, Taihou with 3 fighters and Hakuryuu with 4 fighters work well,

but the previous CVs with merely 2 fighters face the same problem as the US CVs.

Back in alpha the fighter loadout for all CVs used to be 3 fighters 1 DB, with high tier CVs having 3 fighters 2 DBs.

Add to this that the ammunition carried by high tier fighters is still as ridiculously low as it was when WG re-balanced CVs for the first

time and you'll quickly understand why it's basically impossible to achieve aerial superiority against any decent CV player who's using the bomber loadout.

Atleast on anything below tier IX... yay...

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Back in alpha the fighter loadout for all CVs used to be 3 fighters 1 DB, with high tier CVs having 3 fighters 2 DBs.

Add to this that the ammunition carried by high tier fighters is still as ridiculously low as it was when WG re-balanced CVs for the first

time and you'll quickly understand why it's basically impossible to achieve aerial superiority against any decent CV player who's using the bomber loadout.

Atleast on anything below tier IX... yay...

at least if we are talking about IJN vs IJN. lexi's mod 1(balanced albeit mediocre) and 3(air superiority but forget about ships) can take care of shoukaku's strike setup  (you might not completely stop the strike package but you will greatly reduce its damage potential and the enemy CV's total number of planes) while the latter's air superiority setup can easily control the former's terrible strike setup(basically kill the torpedo squad and just time your figthers to attack the DB while ingressing).
Edited by Deicide

53 posts
526 battles

WG seems to want to keep things as historical as possible. if they added torpedo belts you likely get a speed reduction in speed and manoverability which leads to more risk..

plus I think only BB get torpedo belts. and they where not really worth it.

people get really angry with DD because of there dirty tricks but after 6 the JPN DD are not nearly as dangerous. I think few people actually preserve with them up to 9 10.

Sign in to follow this