You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
byungnam

Occasional NO bombs dropped from dive bombers

9 comments in this topic

48 posts
2,962 battles

Hi. I'm currently playing with Bogue with 1 torp, 2 dive bombers setting.

I'm pretty sure that I can use manual bombing correctly - I usually hit 3-4 torps for a cruiser/battle ship or 1-2 for a destroyer, and make fine hits(2-3) with dive bombers, too.

But sometimes, dive bombers just do not hit anything. I thought it was a really bad luck since the yellow ellipse was almost perfectly matched to the target when dive bombers dive, but, yeah I know it randomly hits within the ellipse - so there still exists some probability that all the bombs are dropped to the sea. But I've met this weird situation almost every 3 games. I thought it should be a bug, but I could not found any threads/notices/blog posts or anything.

I'm so confused about it. Does it really a bad luck for me that hitting NO bombs for an almost perfectly matched yellow ellipse to a target?

Want to know if others also experienced it.

Edit : I found that there is a water splash when the bombs are dropped to the sea and when I experience the 'NO bombs', I also see NO water splashes. So, I think this is a bug at the moment.

Edited by byungnam

48 posts
2,962 battles

I got the situation in a video. (but not exactly same since the video contains the bombers hit one bomb)

Before I capture this video, I found a sequence of reproduction of this.

This is the probable reproduction process : 

1. Give dive bombers a manual attack order

2. When dive bombers get into the bombing process(ellipse turns to yellow), then give a move order (perhaps an attack order may also cause this, but not confirmed)

3. Bombers drop bombs, but no hits, no water splashes

The following two videos are :

1. Trying the above reproduction process. You can see no water splash (but one bomber makes hit. Wondering whether he also could have hit if I have made a move order earlier than that)

2. Normal situation with dive bombers. (though, I missed him lol)

Edit : Didn't knew that there is a way to make a 'replay' by doing some crafty things. Now, gonna make one.

Edited by byungnam

48 posts
2,962 battles

For some more inquisition about this topic, it seems to be an attack marker(yellow ellipse) problem.

I tend to re-place the attack area frequently so that I can get more higher hit probability. While I do this job a little frequently(about 4-5 times per second), once the attack marker(yellow ellipse) comes up, the attack marker CHANGES into the latest one. But I think the first one is the actual bombing area, but not sure.

After I stop my frequent re-placing clicks, I get more hits (but no hits still exists).

The watersplashes seems to be not related to this topic I think.

ps. I'm currently not getting the replay. (I'M SO LAZY LOL)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

It's probably from RNG problem, same as Long Range shells (15 to 20km) the drop location of the bombs is not really predictable, sometimes they drop really at the middle of the marker or at the edge

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

i've played countless of times to attest for this. experienced it a lot, manual dropping dive bombers, dropping oblong completely inside the BB, no hits, no bombs dropped or anything hitting nearby water. perfect manual shots like those should have a minimum hit of 3x but alas 0 hits. I think it is far from RNG problem already since the divers doesn't even drop anything and is very annoying sometimes.

48 posts
2,962 battles

I wish the dropped bombs (or the dropped point) be noticeable so that I can afford when the bombs are CERTAINLY not hitting the target by the right way (not by a bug).

48 posts
2,962 battles

Furthermore, in my opinion, the bombs should NOT be a probability-based system. I mean, it should be predictable and controllable - just like torpedoes.
Edited by byungnam